PDA

View Full Version : DAEWOO DR200/DR300 Legal?

PonyFiveO
05-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Howdy!

I found this prospective rifle while searching through GunBroker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48093380

http://nas3.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/048093000/48093380/pix1496995359.jpg

Checking the list, it seems that only the Daewoo K1/K2 is on it. Since the lower reciever is built like an AR15, and accepts AR15 magazines, I am sure that some kind of magazine lock would work for this. You dont even have to pop out a pin to reload it, as it seems to have a break down lever on the upper assembly. Doing a bit of research, I also found that ACE manufactures a fixed stock conversion for it so you can have removable mags without a pistol grip.

I think I would be looking for a DR300 though, as I am partial to the 7.62x39 round.

So how about it? Would this be legal, or did I miss something on the list?

Charliegone
05-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Yes it is legal and yes it would be legal to send here if it is affixed with a 10rdr. I was also planning on getting one, but don't have the dough right now.:D I've heard nothing but good things about them.

leelaw
05-06-2006, 12:23 AM
You will need to fix the magazine in place and break it open to load, since that's a pistol grip on it.

I can't tell if the muzzle attachment is a brake or FH, so make sure it's a brake, and you'll be fine.

Looks like an interesting rifle...

ETA: don't forget to have it shipped into the state without the buttstock/pistol grip attached.

JS-M1A
05-06-2006, 7:58 AM
I`ve owned one of these.They are well built.That muzzle attachmnet
is all show no go there are no holes or slots in it.Makes it loud as hell.
IIRC the attachment is silver soldered on.This would be a much better
stock than the factory club foot. http://www.riflestocks.com/Daewoo.htm

vf111
05-06-2006, 8:25 AM
You will need to fix the magazine in place and break it open to load, since that's a pistol grip on it.

I can't tell if the muzzle attachment is a brake or FH, so make sure it's a brake, and you'll be fine.

Looks like an interesting rifle...

ETA: don't forget to have it shipped into the state without the buttstock/pistol grip attached.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if the magazine is fixed, the rifle would no longer be considered an SB23 AW and can have anything on it (flash hider, pistol grip, folding stock, grenade launcher, etc., etc.)?

hoffmang
05-06-2006, 8:56 AM
Once the magazine is fixed, this just becomes a rifle (as long as it isn't listed anywhere.)

xYourLocalAR15x
05-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Once the magazine is fixed, this just becomes a rifle (as long as it isn't listed anywhere.)

where can i get this rifle? i cant find it anywhere

EBWhite
05-06-2006, 11:34 AM
i found one on gunbroker.com

The price is around 1000 bucks, not for me, i cannot get over having a gun made in korea. :-)

Charliegone
05-06-2006, 11:37 AM

The price is around 1000 bucks, not for me, i cannot get over having a gun made in korea. :-)

LOL. No really man its a pretty good rifle from what I've heard. Reliability of an ak in a 5.56 cartridge.:D

shopkeep
05-06-2006, 5:30 PM
Daewoo rifles are cool... most were banned back in 1989 but this model appears to be off-list. Definitely check the list before purchasing though!

ghettoshecky
05-06-2006, 8:36 PM
so excuse me for my ignorance because I am still new to this, but because of Harrott this gun can be legal (with detachable mag) if AG decides to list them by going through a superior court, am I correct?

leelaw
05-06-2006, 8:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if the magazine is fixed, the rifle would no longer be considered an SB23 AW and can have anything on it (flash hider, pistol grip, folding stock, grenade launcher, etc., etc.)?

That is correct - but I seriously doubt you would find anyone to fix the magazine before shipping it to you, however you might get someone to remove the buttstoc/pistol grip beforehand, making it legal for you to then fix the magazine in place, and then reattach the buttstock/pistol grip.

JS-M1A
05-06-2006, 8:54 PM

I also thought the price was way steep.I got mine lightly used with 6 30rd mags
for $300.FYI these are standard issue for the S. Korean military
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as32-e.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_K-2

xYourLocalAR15x
05-07-2006, 2:08 AM

why? Some things are made better over sea's than they are here. look at the GM's. POS's! I dont give an F' if it creates jobs here. I dont want a POS item. My Tacoma was made in california and I can say that it is NOT TOYOTA quality. The 2004 tacoma was built better than my 05. If i had the choice of it being made over sea's I'd take it in a heart beat.

The amount I paid for my SA m1a I'd expect more out of it. I've had a bunch of FTF's and FTE's not to mention light primer strikes with a couple no fires after several mag rounds through the rifle.

A company my father owns, gets parts made in korea and sells them to the U.S. Army. I'm not going to mention what specific item it is... but, there's more korean made products out there than you know, buddy.

CalExile
05-07-2006, 6:40 AM
I have one, it is a great rifle and coveted by many of my gun buddies. Excellent reliability, no "clang" sound as every round is fired, uses AR mags, and accuracy are the qualities I like. It is basically the front end of an AK, the upper of an FAL, and the lower of an AR. Thanks to ex-President Clinton they have been banned from import.

Charliegone
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
I have one, it is a great rifle and coveted by many of my gun buddies. Excellent reliability, no "clang" sound as every round is fired, uses AR mags, and accuracy are the qualities I like. It is basically the front end of an AK, the upper of an FAL, and the lower of an AR. Thanks to ex-President Clinton they have been banned from import.

Thats why we need a company here to make them for us.:D

shopkeep
05-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm sure you could use Spreadfire arms to do the transfer and then remove the sholder stock and ship it as a kit similar to the way in which S&W M&P15s and AK-47s were shipped here.

VeryCoolCat
05-08-2006, 12:44 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48035943

You can always buy the stock seperate... but i think the entire basis of the post was to get a complete offlist rifle. AR15s are expensive as it is... now we gotta buy inflated/more expensive ca-legal variants. Stag must be making a fortune.

bwiese
05-08-2006, 2:00 PM
so excuse me for my ignorance because I am still new to this, but because of Harrott this gun can be legal (with detachable mag) if AG decides to list them by going through a superior court, am I correct?

Well, really due to Kasler (Harrott just confirmed the court procedure).

However, these were relatively small ciruculation rifles. While we think the AR/AK list will be updated, the DOJ/AG may or may not get around to just cleaning up the worst offenders that are not AR and not AK series members - likely FALs and HKs.

12voltguy
05-08-2006, 3:11 PM
I had 1 of these POS's
gun blew up the bolt/firing pin into about 6 Pisces:eek: at 75 rounds NEW!
bought it in AZ in 95 for $420
traded it off to a dealer looking for parts rifles

Evil Gun
05-08-2006, 4:24 PM
I had 1 of these POS's
gun blew up the bolt/firing pin into about 6 Pisces :eek: at 75 rounds NEW!
traded it off to a dealer looking for parts riflesThat gun must have been made between Feb 19 and March 20. ;)

CalExile
05-08-2006, 4:26 PM
I had 1 of these POS's
gun blew up the bolt/firing pin into about 6 Pisces:eek: at 75 rounds NEW!
traded it off to a dealer looking for parts rifles

That is too bad. I know a number of three-gun match who are buying these things because of their reliability and accuracy. I would have bought the spare parts!