PDA

View Full Version : FNG Moving from Florida to OC

Velocity
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I believe I checked in here a while ago, but I have now found my house and am officially moving to OC (Huntington Beach) next week (assuming the moving truck is on time).

So I thought I'd say hi again, and I am looking forward to becoming an active participant here.

Thankfully I found out I can 'import' all my guns and ammo when I move here, so that's great. And most are off-roster, so that's even greater.

Hope to get to know some of you....

Martin

Purple K
08-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Bring a few off-rosters with you for your new friends in California. It'll cover the costs of your move.

bsg
08-21-2010, 11:52 AM
welcome to the forum.

Wicked Pete
08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome Martin. Hope you enjoy the site. Is HB a nice area, or a real nice area? I grew up in the "Inland Empire", but things have changed a lot since then. Good Luck with moving.

Mac Attack
08-21-2010, 2:45 PM
Dude don't do it. I moved from GA to Huntington Beach in 2008 and am now trying to get my butt back to GA.

Sure the weather is great here, women are amazing, there are lots of activities and the pay scale is much higher than in the Southeast. But there's a reason why they pay you so much more here. It's because everything is much. If money is not a problem for you then disregard what I said.

Nevertheless, Huntington Beach is a great city to live. Shoot me a PM when you get in and I we can get together and split a real jug us sweat tea.

pigman
08-21-2010, 7:35 PM
Welcome to the state of CA you will be very happy with the weather here, super low humidity, no crazy thunderstorms that come out of the blue clear sky, no hurricanes, no crazy bugs to bite you!

Big Jake
08-21-2010, 8:48 PM
Welcome to the state of CA you will be very happy with the weather here, super low humidity, no crazy thunderstorms that come out of the blue clear sky, no hurricanes, no crazy bugs to bite you!

And crappy gun laws! :(

glockwise2000
08-21-2010, 11:19 PM
And crappy gun laws! :(

^^^^^This

Welcome though.

InFamous20
08-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Welcome to California, you'll love everything it has and hate the gun laws.

Velocity
09-21-2010, 1:06 PM
Hi all... well, moving truck finally arrived (two weeks later than promised), but I am officially living now in the OC (Huntington Beach)...

Can someone please do me great favor and post a link to the forms I need to fill out to register the handguns I brought with me when I moved here?? Thanks in advance for the assist.

Is it as simple as fill out form, include payment, send it someplace? Do I need to get some kind of handgun safety certificate or something like that? Any advice would be appreciated.

AND... one last question: if I want to go to a range to shoot, what special precautions or prep do I need to do to be able to bring my guns with me to a range and then back home legally?

Looking forward to getting to know some of you as I become a more active participant on here now that I am living here.

Martin

turbogg
09-21-2010, 8:14 PM
Welcome to CA, and Calguns! I'll answer the last question. I always transport my weapons in locked cases, and walk into/onto the range with them secured that way.

zod
09-22-2010, 7:07 AM
Welcome aboard!

GP3
09-22-2010, 7:11 AM
Refrain from calling it "OC" when you arrive. Only outsiders call it by the TV show.

NorCalSJ
09-22-2010, 9:09 AM
Welcome and enjoy California