PDA

View Full Version : Lake City 5.56 M855

lrdchivalry
08-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Any thoughts on the green tip Lake City 5.56 M855? I couldn't find my answer using the search function.

Chief-7700
08-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Google is your friend that where all the information about the Sliver Bear Ammo came from.

lrdchivalry
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Google is your friend that where all the information about the Sliver Bear Ammo came from.

Perhaps, I should have been more clear in my question. I am mostly concerned about legalities. Are they legal here in CA? I am googling but not really finding my answer. There is mention of the round not being AP and if the caliber can also be used in a pistol it's illegal.

Chief-7700
08-21-2010, 11:36 AM
The ammo in question can be shipped to California, so you would have to check your local regulations on weather or not they have banned it.

brianinca
08-21-2010, 11:45 AM
M855 is perfectly legal in CA, but its likely not very GOOD ammo in terms of accuracy. If it's surplus, it failed QC. I bought a bunch when it was cheap because LC brass is good for reloading.

I'd previously bought Black Hills Blue Box, also LC brass, and had cases break in half on the first resize - the SAW is tough on brass, you never know what you're going to get.

Don't borrow trouble with CA laws, whether or not you have a 223 pistol (I do) you aren't breaking any laws shooting M855 in it or anything else.

Regards,
Brian in CA

lrdchivalry
08-21-2010, 11:49 AM
M855 is perfectly legal in CA, but its likely not very GOOD ammo in terms of accuracy. If it's surplus, it failed QC. I bought a bunch when it was cheap because LC brass is good for reloading.

I'd previously bought Black Hills Blue Box, also LC brass, and had cases break in half on the first resize - the SAW is tough on brass, you never know what you're going to get.

Don't borrow trouble with CA laws, whether or not you have a 223 pistol (I do) you aren't breaking any laws shooting M855 in it or anything else.

Regards,
Brian in CA

Thanks everyone. I will just stick with what I usually buy.