PDA

View Full Version : EMT-B Looking for work in or around Long Beach

strangerdude
08-21-2010, 8:36 AM
Just got certified and am hunting for work, If you know of any companies hiring let me know please. Would prefer 911, thank you!

BlooDSMeaR
08-21-2010, 12:42 PM
If you have a decent driving record you can go off-shore on the oil platforms. there are good things and bad.
The good: you only have to deal with grown adults, the pay is twice as much as running a bus. They offer benefits. And most the time your just a guy sitting around acting as a safety officer.
The bad: If your looking to further your skills, you dont get much hands on. working out there for 7 years the worst I have had to deal with is a couple of cut off fingers a broken leg and a heart attack. Being stuck out there is another issue , you have to be willing to be gone 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. On my off time I did the bus for a while to fill in the time, and for extra cash. Hope this helps.

strangerdude
08-21-2010, 1:41 PM
If you have a decent driving record you can go off-shore on the oil platforms. there are good things and bad.
The good: you only have to deal with grown adults, the pay is twice as much as running a bus. They offer benefits. And most the time your just a guy sitting around acting as a safety officer.
The bad: If your looking to further your skills, you dont get much hands on. working out there for 7 years the worst I have had to deal with is a couple of cut off fingers a broken leg and a heart attack. Being stuck out there is another issue , you have to be willing to be gone 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. On my off time I did the bus for a while to fill in the time, and for extra cash. Hope this helps.

I'm doing this job to get good hands on experience to become a paramedic or RN, not for the money. My cousin tried convincing me to do the same( he's an underwater welder) but I like being on land and having a set schedule. Plus I am still in school.