PDA

View Full Version : DOJ just posted May 5 Register - looks like no list to me

the_quark
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.oal.ca.gov/May2006_notice_pdf.htm

I haven't yet read all 590 pages, but it doesn't jump out to me that the list is in there from the table of contents...

[Edit 12:24 - it doesn't contain the text 12276, so if it's in there, it's really hidden]
[Edit 12:27 - It's only net 46 pages, 547-590 :) ]

kenc9
05-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I posted as well but there is nothing for us.

The DOJ is hopelessly without aim or direction. They appear to be unable to even make a simple memo stick more than a couple of months even after having months to prepare.

They will get no help from the legislator anytime soon. Daddy Bill is running unopposed for State Treasurer and either has no time or doesn’t want to make waves.

They may have to resort to a memo stating stepped up inspections and some sort of saber rattling. They have had plenty of time this year to at least post one memo they stand behind.

They are lost!

thmpr
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I posted as well but there is nothing for us.

The DOJ is hopelessly without aim or direction. They appear to be unable to even make a simple memo stick more than a couple of months even after having months to prepare.

They will get no help from the legislator anytime soon. Daddy Bill is running unopposed for State Treasurer and either has no time or doesn’t want to make waves.

They may have to resort to a memo stating stepped up inspections and some sort of saber rattling. They have had plenty of time this year to at least post one memo they stand behind.

They are lost!

They had 5 years to update the list. There were several letters by the DOJ dated back to 2003 on the offlist issue. Bottom line--> They had much more than a few months! I think the list willnot be out for another 3-6 months. That is just my opinion...

kenc9
05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
They had 5 years to update the list. There were several letters by the DOJ dated back to 2003 on the offlist issue. Bottom line--> They had much more than a few months! I think the list willnot be out for another 3-6 months. That is just my opinion...

I think even more likely IF anything happens it will be months into the next A.G.'s administration...Meaning next summer.

Break out the plastic boys! We gotta job to do! Buy Buy Buy!

-ken

caduckgunner
05-05-2006, 11:46 AM
There playing with our heads:p

jmlivingston
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Quark -
The DoJ doesn't post the Notice Register, it's published by the Office of Administrative Law which (I believe) falls under the Secretary of State rather than tha AG. While the Notice Register is probably the likely source for the "new list" it just as well might be done via the Emergency Regulations process which is updated on an hourly rather than weekly basis.

John

stator
05-05-2006, 3:07 PM
You would be looking for Title 11 changes in section 979.11. 12276 is a division of the Penal Code. So, if the text body of the regulation chan.ge does not contain a reference to 12276(e), you would miss it.

For the Notice of Registry, look in the table of contents for Title 11 changes first. Then look at the index on the last pages for title 11, section 979.11 (or maybe 979.10) changes.

shopkeep
05-05-2006, 3:27 PM
Lets briefly review the facts:

1. Evil Category 4 memo gone --> GOOD
2. We're not in jail --> GOOD
3. There is NO new memo yet --> GOOD

Looks like things are going pretty good to me.

kenc9
05-05-2006, 3:58 PM

I can live with it just like this :)

-ken

sac7000
05-05-2006, 5:00 PM

I'm happy and building blackstick number #3 post-SB23 self-loading California compliant rifle. It's all good!

shopkeep
05-05-2006, 6:52 PM
Looks good to me..

I was sweating bullets because I haven't started DROS on my RRA lower that's on it's way right now. Whew.

I need to add some of the RRA lowers to my collection still... the LAR-15 was almost as much of a staple to the off-list scene as the STAG-15 and MEGA were.

Does CWS have any LAR-15s?

grammaton76
05-05-2006, 6:59 PM
Don't forget, the Sun Devils were a big early receiver too.

kenc9
05-05-2006, 9:59 PM
Looks good to me..

I was sweating bullets because I haven't started DROS on my RRA lower that's on it's way right now. Whew.

Why are you waiting to start your DROS? You don't have to wait untill it shows up you know!

-ken

grammaton76
05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Why are you waiting to start your DROS? You don't have to wait untill it shows up you know!

Don't HAVE to, unless your transfer dealer won't let you start it early. I know one here in SD that won't let you start a DROS until the receiver has arrived.

rips31
05-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Don't HAVE to, unless your transfer dealer won't let you start it early. I know one here in SD that won't let you start a DROS until the receiver has arrived.
yea...my ffl wouldn't let me dros w/o the receivers, either.

kenc9
05-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I'd like to know if there is a law preventing it, I know two that will so I don't believe there is anything preventing them from beginning the DROS, only your name is required to begin the DROS then the serial number to finish it and sign it out at the end of the 10 day waiting period. Probably a grey area but there are FFL's that do! :D

-ken

Josh
05-08-2006, 12:18 AM
I'd like to know if there is a law preventing it, I know two that will so I don't believe there is anything preventing them from beginning the DROS, only your name is required to begin the DROS then the serial number to finish it and sign it out at the end of the 10 day waiting period. Probably a grey area but there are FFL's that do! :D

-ken

No serial numbers for long guns, only pistols.

kenc9
05-08-2006, 7:04 AM
No serial numbers for long guns, only pistols.

The serial numbers are written down at the FFL but is not reported to DOJ. Watch the next time you DROS...The model and serial numbers stay with the FFL for tracing. So if they find that rifle somewhere they try to trace it from the importer or manufacturer to FFL to FFL untill the last person to DROS it.

-ken

bootcamp
05-08-2006, 7:10 AM

Quit mentioning the possibility of going to jail. Such a stooge.

PanzerAce
05-08-2006, 7:31 AM
Quit mentioning the possibility of going to jail. Such a stooge.

But that possibility makes things so much more interesting :D

Josh
05-08-2006, 9:12 AM
The serial numbers are written down at the FFL but is not reported to DOJ. Watch the next time you DROS...The model and serial numbers stay with the FFL for tracing. So if they find that rifle somewhere they try to trace it from the importer or manufacturer to FFL to FFL untill the last person to DROS it.

-ken

True, but none is needed for the actual DROS just for the FFL records. There is nothing against starting a DROS before the rifle gets there.

Actually turners will start a dros on their handguns without it being on site, they just pull the serial number from the supplier or their warehouse/other store.