PDA

View Full Version : How can I stay logged-on forever?

rojocorsa
08-19-2010, 10:30 PM
It seems that after an amount of inactivity (or just reading a long, wordy thread with numerous posts) my session will automatically log out and I can't post.

That means I have to highlight and copy my post and hit refresh. After being on the board for a while, this is getting old real fast.

I tried looking for options to fix this in the user CP but I couldn't find any.

Am I screwed?

Doheny
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Same happens to me. I seem to log out after 5-7 mins.

rojocorsa
08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
It's so annoying, especially because I always have multiple tabs open on Firefox already.

twotap
08-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Seems to happen alot more than it used to. I never log out but constently have to relog back in.

The Original Godfather
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I feel your pain. its annoying for me too. everytime i go to the bathroom and come back to reply to a thread, i get signed out and have to log back in :chris:

i1800collect
08-19-2010, 11:19 PM
It seems that after an amount of inactivity (or just reading a long, wordy thread with numerous posts) my session will automatically log out and I can't post.

That means I have to highlight and copy my post and hit refresh. After being on the board for a while, this is getting old real fast.

I tried looking for options to fix this in the user CP but I couldn't find any.

Am I screwed?

I haven't had to log back into Calguns in several months if not more. You do click the "Remember Me?" box when you log in right?

If you do and you're still logged out automatically, I think your browser security settings may be the issue. Probably something to do with how the history/cookies are kept.

AndrewMendez
08-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Make sure the remember me box is clicked, then have your browser (i.e. Mozilla Firefox) remember your password. Calguns logs in as soon as I open up my internet window, and I can let it sit idle for 10 days, then reply without refreshing, and badabing, its there without logging in.

rojocorsa
08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
The last time this happened (just now whilst replying in the handgun section) I made sure to click the box.

The cookies are weird because as soon as I enter my username the password will magically appear and I just click "sign in." I hope the fact that I checked the "remember me" actually does something.

I'm on another gun board that uses simplemachines software, and the only time I have to enter the stuff to login is when I'm on another computer. I haven't signed into that forum since 2008.

Wicked Pete
08-20-2010, 4:50 PM
I feel your pain. its annoying for me too. everytime i go to the bathroom and come back to reply to a thread, i get signed out and have to log back in :chris:

Hey GOD: quit going to the bathroom. :-/

rojocorsa
08-23-2010, 9:27 AM
Hmmm, the "Remember me" button has been working for the last couple days. It's sweet.

bsg
08-23-2010, 6:49 PM
Hmmm, the "Remember me" button has been working for the last couple days. It's sweet.

glad it worked out for you. when i first read the thread title i thought: a true Calguns addict who never wants to leave the forum.... :)