View Full Version : PRE 1898

08-19-2010, 3:57 PM
Hello I want to sell a pre 1898 revolver. What is the procedure for this.

08-19-2010, 4:29 PM
Antique firearm. (a) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and (b) any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this definition if such replica (1) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or (2) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

If that describes your revolver then it is exempt from the process and you are free to dispose of it how you see fit. You do NOT need to go through any FFL or paperwork...but I would make sure to get a signed sales receipt from the individual you sell it to.