PDA

View Full Version : Damn gun stores!

novabrian
08-19-2010, 4:42 PM
Is it now a custom these days to not really care about a possible money spending customers? I went to my local gun store to look at shotguns.There were two employees standing behind the counter just talking away.Then I was moving on down to look at shotguns past the rifles and what not.I was there staring at some shotguns I would like to see.Then another employee comes through a door and is right in front of the guns I was looking at.He then starts to look at guns and shouldering them like he was going to buy one.Never once acknowledging me.Maybe I look like I don't have any money.I dunno.Maybe he figures I was going to waste his time and buy at Turners anyways.Where prices are reasonable.
I worked at a hobby shop when I was younger and always asked if people need help.Regardless of what I thought.

glockwise2000
08-19-2010, 4:51 PM
Which store is this? Name?

novabrian
08-19-2010, 4:57 PM
Which store is this? Name?

I'm not going to out the store that's not my style. But it rhymes with Yield Slime in Westminster.

NorcalGSG
08-19-2010, 5:05 PM
I know the feeling. Our local shop used to be awesome when the previous owners had it. You couldn't ask for a better place. Then they sold it, and it is seriously depressing to even walk in the door now. All I do is remember how great it used to be, its sad. Now its filled with a tiny selection of generic stuff that is 30 to 40% over market prices, most of the racks are empty, and all they guys say when you ask about their prices is "well we have a range to support....." Hopefully you can find/go to a better shop that's not too far away!

novabrian
08-19-2010, 5:12 PM
I know the feeling. Our local shop used to be awesome when the previous owners had it. You couldn't ask for a better place. Then they sold it, and it is seriously depressing to even walk in the door now. All I do is remember how great it used to be, its sad. Now its filled with a tiny selection of generic stuff that is 30 to 40% over market prices, most of the racks are empty, and all they guys say when you ask about their prices is "well we have a range to support....." Hopefully you can find/go to a better shop that's not too far away!

This is a new store so you think they might want to build a a prolific customer loyalty by going above and beyond.

Greg-Dawg
08-19-2010, 5:15 PM
Yeah, I've had plenty of similar experiences from gun store employees...so I just decide be aggressive to any and every gun store.

I don't wait for the employees, I just open my mouth and tell them if I can see a specific gun off the rack. If I come across rude to them, then who gives a flip. I know what I want and I intend to get it.

Realistically, there are sine first time customers at the gun store that can be easily intimidated if they've never held or shot a gun before. Don't be like that, since you've been around. Just open your mouth and don't care about the employees...but be more concerned about the gun you're about to purchase.

Just my thoughts.

tenpercentfirearms
08-19-2010, 8:02 PM
Yeah, I've had plenty of similar experiences from gun store employees...so I just decide be aggressive to any and every gun store.

I don't wait for the employees, I just open my mouth and tell them if I can see a specific gun off the rack. If I come across rude to them, then who gives a flip. I know what I want and I intend to get it.

Realistically, there are sine first time customers at the gun store that can be easily intimidated if they've never held or shot a gun before. Don't be like that, since you've been around. Just open your mouth and don't care about the employees...but be more concerned about the gun you're about to purchase.

Just my thoughts.

I like this idea. If the gun store employees are ignoring you, why be timid and come on to Calguns to cry like a baby (no offense to OP). Let them have it in the store. Interrupt their conversation and tell them you would like to buy a gun and you need them to do it. If they give you lip, lecture them on them being open to serve your needs and are they really that stupid.

G-forceJunkie
08-19-2010, 8:16 PM
When guys like this are ignoring me I like to shame them in my own way by asking out loud "Excuse me, can you get me someone thats on the clock to help me!?" I understand being busy with other customers or doing paperwork, but when two employess are chatting about their (motorcycles/girlfriends/whats for lunch/cool new cell phone, etc.) Really, by the time I am at a gun store and asking to view guns, the issue is what one to by, not finger fark the merchandise.

norcal.xd
08-19-2010, 8:22 PM
i feel the same way at a number of gun stores in my area......im sure there are alot of browsers but why not ask me rather then assume...

EWILKE
08-19-2010, 8:30 PM
I have had a good experience there I would say something to BOB about it instead of ranting here Im sure he will address this. Bob is a good guy and will take care of you.

SubieRX
08-19-2010, 8:35 PM
I have had a good experience there I would say something to BOB about it instead of ranting here Im sure he will address this. Bob is a good guy and will take care of you.

Agreed. I have been through this store 3 times in the past month, and I have always had a good experience. Bob is a great guy, and even offered to show me and my gf how to shoot a Bow and Arrow for free at their new archery range.

I will definitely be back!

RobG
08-19-2010, 8:46 PM
Not to excuse bad CS but, I am sure gun stores get tons of people looking with no intention of buying, probably more than other types of stores. If I am wanting to look, I speak up. "Hey, how you doing? Can I see XYZ right there?"

I like this idea. If the gun store employees are ignoring you, why be timid and come on to Calguns to cry like a baby (no offense to OP). Let them have it in the store. Interrupt their conversation and tell them you would like to buy a gun and you need them to do it. If they give you lip, lecture them on them being open to serve your needs and are they really that stupid.

This.

phkk
08-19-2010, 9:30 PM
Stockage on Westminster?

tenpercentfirearms
08-19-2010, 9:43 PM
Not to excuse bad CS but, I am sure gun stores get tons of people looking with no intention of buying, probably more than other types of stores. If I am wanting to look, I speak up. "Hey, how you doing? Can I see XYZ right there?"

It doesn't matter how many looky lous I get, every customer needs to be treated like they are a big time spender. I have had way more guys spend money at my store because I treated them well than lost customers because I spent too much time on a looky lou.