PDA

View Full Version : Reflex red dot for AR

Rob Roy
08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I need your recommendation for a reflex red dot to put on AR under $200 with decent MOA.

Corbin Dallas
08-19-2010, 8:06 AM
I need your recommendation for a reflex red dot to put on AR under $200 with decent MOA.

I'm not sure about an AR, but I have a bushnell FastFireII on my HK USC and it works AWESOME!!! Even out to 200 yards I only need slight holdover.

Cost me $200 shipped from ebay.

GeoffLinder
08-19-2010, 9:22 AM
You want 4 MOA dot size. Good choice for fast, both eyes open shooting would be a C-More or OKO red dot IMHO

tacticalcity
08-19-2010, 12:49 PM
The $200 price point is a bit of a problem. You can find a couple Micro sights like the Buris Fast Fires that were originally designed to be mounted ontop or on the side of a full size magnified scope, and many people are doing so with acceptable results.

Personally, I find C-Mores more than acceptable, but they have their detractors. The AR rail ones usually are much more than just $200, so I was surpised the guy above me suggested them.

The more robust and rugged sights tend to start around $350 and go up from there.

EoTech and Aimpoint rule the roost in the Red Dot world, I am extactic about them both. I've run them both and have been pleased. Fit and finish on the EOTECH 512 model has declined as of late, but he functionality is still top notch. The more expensive EOTECHS that I've seen still had top notch fit and finish.

Wherryj
08-19-2010, 2:32 PM
I just ordered a Bushnell zoom dot from opticsplanet for my AR. It is about $220 and had nice reviews-although very few reviews total.

I wonder if anyone here has any experience with that red dot? If not, I'll let you know how it works out after it arrives.