PDA

View Full Version : Bust for Manufacturing Assault Weapons

Liberty Rules
05-04-2006, 1:06 PM
This news story should be interesting to watch develop--that is, if more info becomes public. If anyone is in Riverside, maybe you could post if you hear anything else.

I don't recall previously seeing news stories about busts for "manufacturing assault weapons". I wonder what these guys had? Off list with SB23
no-nos? hmmm

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9160885/detail.html?subid=10101581
NBC 4
Weapons, Ammunition Seized On Riverside County Indian Reservation

POSTED: 10:29 am PDT May 4, 2006
UPDATED: 10:57 am PDT May 4, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Three men were arrested and high-powered weapons, rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were seized during a house search on the Soboba Indian Reservation, a Riverside County sheriff's sergeant said on Thursday.

Norbert Arres III, 22, and Larry Charles Arres, 21, were taken into custody at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday when a search warrant was served at a home in the 43500 block of Castille Canyon Road on the reservation, said Sgt. David Kurylowicz.

Larry Charles Arres was booked on suspicion of possessing and manufacturing assault weapons, resisting a police officer and receiving stolen property, inmate records show. He was being held on $35,000 bail at the Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta.

Norbert Arres III was being held on $35,000 bail at the detention center on suspicion of spousal abuse. Norbert Arres Jr., 55, was arrested for an alleged probation violation and is being held on $25,000 bail at the detention center.

All three men are scheduled to appear in court tomorrow. Two additional suspects were detained for questioning and later released, Kurylowicz said.

saki302
05-04-2006, 1:16 PM
Hrmm.. isn't an Indian reservation technically a sovereign nation, where our laws do not necessarily apply?!?!

-Dave

ohsmily
05-04-2006, 1:19 PM
Hrmm.. isn't an Indian reservation technically a sovereign nation, where our laws do not necessarily apply?!?!

-Dave

Nice, try. No cigar.

They are still subject to the penal code and MOST other laws as well.

You seriously think an Indian Reservation doesn't have to follow the laws...like they could legalize murder? robbery? etc?

They are subject to the laws.

the_quark
05-04-2006, 1:29 PM
Read between the lines: "Norbert Arres III was being held on $35,000 bail at the detention center on suspicion of spousal abuse." Guy beat up his wife and she called the cops on him, that's what started the bust. Be nice to your women-folk :)

klmmicro
05-04-2006, 1:31 PM
Looks like there was a little more going on than just the weapons. Spousal abuse, receiving stolen property? These guys might not be respectable upstanding citizens and the news about assault weapons makes a much better fodder than a thief and a wife beater.

This really sounds like a non story.

shopkeep
05-04-2006, 1:32 PM
I'm sure that in this case they were NOT using off-list lowers and even if they were they were not lawfully purchased. These guys are criminals committing more crime and Assault Weapons charges are just yet another charge to pile up on top of everything else.

Cobrarlc
05-04-2006, 2:17 PM
Let's keep our ear to the ground and see what comes around.

glen avon
05-04-2006, 2:18 PM
larry is charged with a violation of 12280(b), but that was in june of last year.

he was charged with receiving stolen property a year ago, and there were 2 others charged with 12021(a)(1), possession by a felon.

he was busted with 496 again yesterday, but I did not see any AW stuff for yesterday. maybe it will show up tomorrow.

it's not clear what's going on, I think he might have jumped bail for the 2005 charge and they had a bench warrant for him. if his wife called and the po-lice came, that could explain what I am seeing. time will tell.

Fjold
05-04-2006, 2:49 PM
I call B.S. on the whole story!

It's against the law to manufacture an assault weapon, so he couldn't have done it!

That's why we have gun laws!

adamsreeftank
05-04-2006, 3:05 PM
larry is charged with a violation of 12280(b), but that was in june of last year.

he was charged with receiving stolen property a year ago, and there were 2 others charged with 12021(a)(1), possession by a felon.

he was busted with 496 again yesterday, but I did not see any AW stuff for yesterday. maybe it will show up tomorrow.

it's not clear what's going on, I think he might have jumped bail for the 2005 charge and they had a bench warrant for him. if his wife called and the po-lice came, that could explain what I am seeing. time will tell.

Wow, don't you have the inside scoop!
Someday you'll have to tell us what you do for a living.

glen avon
05-04-2006, 3:10 PM
it's not that exciting. this is where I got the info (http://158.61.133.2/OpenAccess/logon.asp?forcelogon=Y&mcnmgotopage=default.asp&mcnmcourtcode=&mcnmcasenumber=&mcnmotnmseq=&mcnmdefseq=&mcnmdefnbr=&system=CRIMINAL)