PDA

View Full Version : Transfer from California non-licensees to other States

Powder_Burn
08-18-2010, 8:30 PM
Could someone enlighten me on the laws pertaining to non-licensees who wish to ship firearms FROM California TO out of state FFL's?

I am an out of state non-licensee buying a bolt action rifle from a non-licensee in California and normally the seller would just ship direct to my local Texas FFL via the U.S. Postal Service. However, I've been reading about all the California specific laws for three hours and I am not sure what California DoJ rules, fees, and documents, apply in this particular circumstance. Does the California non-licensee need at shipment approval? Must the receiving Texas FFL be in the CFLC program? Since this is an interstate shipment are the California regs null and void? Very confusing.

Links for printing out regs for the postal service and/or California FFL examination would be perfection. Appreciate any assistance!

tenpercentfirearms
08-18-2010, 8:44 PM
You have wasted way too much time on this. You live in Free America! Our laws only apply to people in our state or people shipping items into our state. The seller is free to ship his gun directly to your FFL with the only requirement being that the seller knows he is shipping it to an FFL. Done.

jtmkinsd
08-18-2010, 8:45 PM
In this case you did a lot of reading when you already knew the answer. He should call your FFL in Texas and ask if THEY require anything special. If not he can box and ship it to the FFL. The CFLC program is only for shipments INTO California from out-of-state dealers.

Powder_Burn
08-19-2010, 5:48 AM
Some FFL's outside the state believe they need to be on the 'approved list' to RECEIVE firearms from California. Appreciate the clarification - sounds like business as usual for interstate firearms transfers.

tenpercentfirearms
08-19-2010, 5:50 AM
Some FFL's outside the state believe they need to be on the 'approved list' to RECEIVE firearms from California. Appreciate the clarification - sounds like business as usual for interstate firearms transfers.

Yep, California can only control what comes in. Receive guns from the PRK all the FFL wants!