PDA

View Full Version : Super Newb from SF

LILNOVE
08-18-2010, 8:28 PM
sorry this is a double post from the "Roll Call" thread in the SF chapter. i guess i should have started here

Hello everyone.....

my 2nd post, so here it goes. BTW great site u guys/gals have here...

LIL NOVE = LIL JOHN, its a login i use on most forums. its actually the plate i had on my 62 Nova, but now its on a 66.

Systems Tech - Data Comm for Att

SF Native for 32yrs

Super Newb to guns, but catching on quikly. currently in the market for SA 1911 BLK SS Target Model. a lil much for my first gun, but i figure if im gonna spend the money, im gonna get what i want.

Hobbies= Muscle cars yr round, 1/8 Scale Buggy & Truggy in the winter & Paintball in the summer, and now looks like shooting when i can.

NaughtyMonkey
08-18-2010, 9:24 PM
If you've never fired a gun before, I suggest you start with a .22 Other then that welcome to the forums. :)

bsg
08-18-2010, 9:31 PM
welcome to the forum.

LILNOVE
08-19-2010, 9:10 AM
If you've never fired a gun before, I suggest you start with a .22 Other then that welcome to the forums. :)

thanks fellas!! i've fired several guns, just was never in the market till i went to the R Wildhorse Ranch up by Platina & really caught the bug up there. that day i really had a taste of several different types of guns, shotguns & rifles. from there it went downhill, been to the range at least once a week now, tryin to tighten up my groupings.... :D

Plus my first gun is primarily for home defense & that .22 aint gonna stop nothing...

LIL JOHN

chickenfried
08-19-2010, 9:17 AM
I went up there a couple of years ago. Nice set up but I didn't hit the range there. Maybe I'll see you at Jackson Arms sometime.

thanks fellas!! i've fired several guns, just was never in the market till i went to the R Wildhorse Ranch up by Platina & really caught the bug up there. that day i really had a taste of several different types of guns, shotguns & rifles. from there it went downhill, been to the range at least once a week now, tryin to tighten up my groupings.... :D

LIL JOHN

LILNOVE
08-19-2010, 9:50 AM
I went up there a couple of years ago. Nice set up but I didn't hit the range there. Maybe I'll see you at Jackson Arms sometime.

yeah their range isnt really a range. theres a staging area & u have to put up ur own targets, but literally u can bring anything there & there really isnt any rules on firing. just do it safely of course. IMO that place is fun if u have illegal stuff u want to shoot.

im a short filipino dude w/ long hair if ur ever @ Jackson, i was there last friday. been goin to Target Masters also. u guys have any others suggestions on Bay Area ranges that u like...

what yr Chevelle u got???

LIL JOHN

chickenfried
08-19-2010, 9:56 AM
yup I was kicking myself for not bringing any guns. Plinking is non-existent in the bay area except for jugs at los altos.

Chabot and richmond are two outdoor ranges. But if you're only shooting handguns not worth the drive. But they do have handgun competitions at both if that's something you want to try.

list of bay area ranges
http://www.dragunov.net/bay_area_ranges.htm

The chevelle by the river was a '69.

BANG BANG
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Chabot and richmond are two outdoor ranges. But if you're only shooting handguns not worth the drive. But they do have handgun competitions at both if that's something you want to try.

I'm local to the Richmond range. I normally bring my M&P 15-22 there and shoot on the 25 yard line so I shoot for a couple hours hundreds of rounds since it's only 10 bucks for the day not by the hour charge.

Sometimes to Chabot too since it's nice up there and I can shoot my pistol or rifle there. They have the usual pistol line but also 50 and 100 yard lines too

Since i work in the city me a buddy go to Jackson once in a while after work

NorCalSJ
08-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Calguns...

Tunis
08-19-2010, 8:59 PM
Welcome aboard! Maybe we'll see ya out at the Cow Palace Gun Show next month! :thumbsup:

Rockhound
08-20-2010, 2:43 PM
Welcome, glad you've come over from the dark-side. Personal recommendation not a sales pitch: Take an NRA first step or basic pistol course. Keep yourself and those you love safe..