PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else just get a call from the NRA

Casual_Shooter
08-18-2010, 5:28 PM
Just got a call from the NRA instructing me to call my state senator to "respectfully urge him to oppose AB1810 and AB1934".

Didn't even realize they had my home number...

a1c
08-18-2010, 5:31 PM
They called home around 1 pm today. Didn't pick up. Didn't leave a message.

I need to tell them I don't want any damn calls, email is enough. Don't pester me or you're going to lose me as a member.

pullnshoot25
08-18-2010, 5:35 PM
They have called me for the last friggin month.

PsychGuy274
08-18-2010, 5:37 PM
Hmmmm.....I get all the emails, but no phone calls.

Lucky me :D

anthonyca
08-18-2010, 5:37 PM
Just now. They asked me to call Leland Yee.

turbogg
08-18-2010, 5:45 PM
The NRA calls me daily!! Never leave a message either.

stix213
08-18-2010, 6:14 PM
I just sent another mail to good old Mark Leno. I think I made a convincing argument.

Stop AB 1934 - Unloaded openly carried firearms are not a public safety risk. In fact the unloaded open carry of firearms isn't even a good idea for self defense, and is almost exclusively used as a form of political protest.

Voting for AB 1934 is a vote specifically to clamp down on a form of political speech. This is then both a violation of the "bear" portion of the 2nd amendment's right to bear arms, AND a violation of the 1st amendment's right to free speech!

Two blatant violations of the Bill Of Rights in a single bill! I can't think of anything more disgusting than voting for that. Thanks for your time.

Window_Seat
08-18-2010, 6:23 PM
I would rather get daily calls from the NRA, than to get monthly visits from the Government.

Erik.

Homebrew2
08-18-2010, 6:27 PM
I got the call. They DID leave a msg.
Interesting: I've had a real lack of emails and logged calls for several months, maybe a year, from NRA & CRPA. They both have my email addy. Since I joined and donated to CG, I'm getting regular emails from both ... though I have already gotten the news a while before their emails from CG ;) Better late than never for them I guess.

Shotgun Man
08-18-2010, 6:33 PM
I just sent another mail to good old Mark Leno. I think I made a convincing argument.

Stop AB 1934 - Unloaded openly carried firearms are not a public safety risk. In fact the unloaded open carry of firearms isn't even a good idea for self defense, and is almost exclusively used as a form of political protest.

Voting for AB 1934 is a vote specifically to clamp down on a form of political speech. This is then both a violation of the "bear" portion of the 2nd amendment's right to bear arms, AND a violation of the 1st amendment's right to free speech!

Two blatant violations of the Bill Of Rights in a single bill! I can't think of anything more disgusting than voting for that. Thanks for your time.

Well said.

How do you guys know they're calling you if they don't leave a message?

Mr Wizard
08-18-2010, 6:45 PM
I am a NRA and CRPA member. I call my representatives on every issue that concerns my RKBA. In fact, I just received an e-mail from our governor in response to my opposition on AB 1810.
Here is a copy: Thank you for writing me about Assembly Bill 1810. I appreciate your suggestions on proposed legislation affecting our state.

I generally do not take a position on legislation until a bill has reached my desk because it can change significantly from the time it is introduced until the time it is finalized. For the current session, the California Legislature has until August 31, 2010 to pass legislation, and I have until September 30, 2010 to sign or veto proposed bills.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill under consideration by lawmakers at the Official California Legislative website: www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read my legislative messages at www.gov.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government in our state.

Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Having said that, I get calls daily from the NRA that quite frankly are irritating at the end of a hard work day. They tend to :beatdeadhorse5: when it comes to solicitation.

BKinzey
08-18-2010, 7:54 PM
I got the call. It was a recorded message. I preferred it to the live person calls I got telling me the United Nations was a serious threat to civilian gun ownership and I need to donate now!:TFH:

RomanDad
08-18-2010, 7:57 PM
yup

norcal-ar
08-18-2010, 8:21 PM
ive already received 4 this month! each time asking for money(i only answered 2). and when the gentleman has asked for $100 and i offered to donate $20 i got attitude. $20 for nothing seems like a good deal to me. and they get to keep their "collectable knife"

7x57
08-18-2010, 8:49 PM
Half the state complains the NRA has given up on California, and the other half complains the NRA asks them to do something.

I should have something to complain about too. I guess I'm just going to complain about California gun owners.

7x57