PDA

View Full Version : which of these Rigs to buy?

ArmedWolf
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm going to do some matches again soon, and not borrowing a rig this time.

I'm looking at these two

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6828&title=COMPETITION+BELT+%26+LINER+SYSTEM

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12488&title=BUCKLELESS+COMPETITION+BELT+SYSTEM

any knowledge on the two? or ideas of others?

ligamentum flavum
05-04-2006, 12:57 AM
wilderness products instructor belt. i'm not a big fan of velcro only belts. the wilderness instructor belt has a buckle + velcro.

the belt can be had in two widths and several stiffness options. 3-stitch, 5-stitch or competition. i've got a 5 stitch and it's awesome. just make sure to follow their directions for sizing.

www.thewilderness.com

TMC
05-04-2006, 9:07 AM
my preference is to have the soft part of the velcro (loops) on the inner belt and the hooks on the outer, that way when you outer belt is off your jacket or shirt doesn't get stuck to it, and if you get in your car with the inner belt on you don't get stuck to cloth seats or scratch leather seats. So not the Gilmore. I have 2 safariland belts, the leather basketweave has the hooks on the outer and the nylon belts have the hooks on the inner.

CR Speed only has hooks on the outer belt as another option.

Don't worry about a buckle, if the end of the belt is through the loop/keeper its not coming off.

sargenv
05-04-2006, 9:07 AM
I use the Safarland system. I have 3 inner and 4 outer belts that I adapt to the different classes I shoot. I have one dedicated to open, one to Limited/L10, one to Revolver, and a floater belt that I use between 3-gun and production. I've seen all kinds of belts out there. I've seen the buckle belts and I've also see the velcro belts that are opposite safariland (inner is soft, outer is sticky). They all work just fine. It all comes down to what works best for you. I like the velcro inner/outer system since I'm continually dropping and adding a few pounds here and there. With a set system I'd have to adjust it, and with the velcro system I adjust it to whatever I want when I put it on.

All of them work, it's what you prefer to use and can afford that decides it.

Vince

1911jerry
05-04-2006, 9:53 AM
+1 on the CR speed system

Order from Shooters Connection - Chuck supports the sport.

JS

elsolo
05-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Get the CR Speed belt, it's the stiffest belt out there and they figured out which side to put the velcro on.

ArmedWolf
05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I went with a CR Speed, I found out thats what I wore when my cousin let me borrow one.