PDA

View Full Version : Intra Familial vs 1 handgun per 30 days...question

BigDaddyGuns
08-18-2010, 9:01 AM
I just recently did an intrafamilial transfer. How long does this this take? Does this process effect me being able to purchase a new fire arm?

I'm about to DROS a rifle tomorrow at one shop. But I just saw a deal in the marketplace for a handgun that I really want. Will I have any problems if I did a PPT at another shop at the same time? I just dont want to run into any snags.

Thank in advance!!

Ed_Hazard
08-18-2010, 9:05 AM
IFT should not effect your ability to do PPT's, it is infact a PPT between family members. The only thing that would restrict you from being able to register a NEW handgun would be if you have registered a NEW handgun withen the past 30 days. Then you muyst wait 30/24hr periods to register a NEW handgun.

Longgun DROS should not effect your HandGun PPT as you can register as many long guns as you like w/no restriction, upto 3 longguns per DROS form. You can also PPT as many HandGuns as you like.

I do believe that the CITY of LA limits PPT's but since their is only 1 gun store withen City limits it should not be an issue.

kemasa
08-18-2010, 9:30 AM
New does not matter, it can also be used and still be limited. PPT are exempt, but dealer sales are not. A family transfer would not count in the 1 per 30.

BigDaddyGuns
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Perfect! Thanks for all the answers!!!