PDA

View Full Version : Future Weapons on NOW

Walking Fire
05-03-2006, 9:03 PM
Discovery Channel.
Looks like a good show.

Yute
05-03-2006, 9:06 PM
It has its moments but the host is a bit of an oddball. I remember last week he said something on the lines of -
A bolt action rifle you have to work backkkkk and then fowarrdd. It can take 15 to 20 seconds!
(When talking about the .50 m82)
I'm not too sure how long it takes that Navy Seal to work the bolt of a rifle, but even Russian conscripts can work bolts faster than 15 to 20 seconds :D

blkA4alb
05-03-2006, 9:20 PM
I just hate how over dramatic they make everything "The utter destruction is breathtaking, such precision and devastation...unbelievable." Yeah whatever just blow the sh*t up already.. :D

bu-bye
05-03-2006, 9:25 PM
I just hate how over dramatic they make everything "The utter destruction is breathtaking, such precision and devastation...unbelievable." Yeah whatever just blow the sh*t up already.. :D

Could not have said it better:D

I do like the show though. I don't mind the the host to much.

Walking Fire
05-03-2006, 9:39 PM
"A bolt action rifle you have to work backkkkk and then fowarrdd. It can take 15 to 20 seconds!
(When talking about the .50 m82)'

Man, I have a 1896 Krag that I can rapid fire faster than that...

PanzerAce
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
hehe, M82= semi auto

Henry47
05-03-2006, 11:48 PM
They restate the same fact over and over again, trying to drag it out to make the hour. They'll also show the same clip more than once, which is a damn waste of time cuz like stated above "i just wana see **** blown up"

rod
05-04-2006, 6:43 AM
I enjoyed the "Metal Rain" bit. That was pretty cool. I don't think it's on "The List" either!!!

chau_mein
05-04-2006, 8:48 AM
Does anybody know when the Disc. channel's showing a rerun?

uzigalil
05-04-2006, 10:07 AM
This show is full of inaccurate information.

In the first episode they showed the corner shot weapon system. This is not a new system, they have been trying to sell it a trade shows for at least six years, I would love to know any one using them, I have never heard of anyone that does.

Then they went and did an interview with Ronnie Barret, that was fine but.
They talked about a 2400 yard kill in Afghanistan by a Canadian sniper and how the barret is a stealthy platform because of its range. Well the Canadian sniper made a 2452 meter kill with a MCBROS bolt action 50bmg not a Barret.
Then the comment on the time it takes to cycle a bolt gun.

the Barret is not new, then the over dramatic host shows a 7.62 x39 round but says its a 308 caliber round used by our enemy’s in ak-47's. WRONG
Minor point also our allies use AK weapons also.

They then go a show the f-35 jsf fighter and talk how about how this is the first stealthy production aircraft; I guess they never heard of the F-22.

Last night they looked the metal storm. This company has been showing the world videos of there supposed break through weaponry for years, yet do they have one contract to build something for any military????

The production values are great but they should fact check better and loose the host and get a voiceover host.

82a1
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the program isn't entirely accurate, but it's still better than a lot of crap that's on TV. Loved the .50 segment when they fired off 10 rounds through the Barrett 82 in less than 10 seconds, but couldn't believe it when the host said it takes "15 to 20 seconds" to work a bolt action 50:rolleyes: .

I've Tivo'd the three episodes shown and plan to record the rest of 'em.

Pulsar
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
the Barret is not new, then the over dramatic host shows a 7.62 x39 round but says its a 308 caliber round used by our enemy’s in ak-47's. WRONG
Minor point also our allies use AK weapons also.

I was almost yelling at the TV for that. And what's worse than that, he said it was a .308 used in the AK47, but I don't think it was even a .308 he was holding, it looked suspiciously like 7.62x54R :rolleyes:

50 Freak
05-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I wonder about the host though. The show claims that he was a former SEAL.

If that is true, maybe I'm not privy to SEAL training techniques but I would think that a SEAL would not be blinking everytime his gun fired.

Watch the episode where he is firing a tactified AK, some bullpup and see that everytime he pulled the trigger, both his eyes closed.

bear308
05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
yeah this guy really is a shmuck. My buddy and I were watching the .50 episode and the metalstorm one last night screaming at him. What a doofus. I don't mean to discredit him, but does anyone know if he actually is/was a seal?

dwtt
05-05-2006, 10:37 PM
yeah this guy really is a shmuck. My buddy and I were watching the .50 episode and the metalstorm one last night screaming at him. What a doofus. I don't mean to discredit him, but does anyone know if he actually is/was a seal?
Here's one place to start. http://cyberseals.org/authentiseal/

MysteryCereal
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Here's some more info about the guy

http://www.bukido.com/RickMack.html

His acting is just amazing...

kantstudien
05-05-2006, 10:55 PM
then the over dramatic host shows a 7.62 x39 round but says its a 308 caliber round used by our enemy’s in ak-47's.

Ha! I thought I was the only one who noticed that! Aren't SEALS supposed to be weapons experts?