PDA

View Full Version : GPAL situation

marage
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm one of the many, waiting for money to transfer from my GPAL account to my bank account. My support tickets #'s are: 667496 and 209638. Any suggestions on getting the transfer done, soon? I'd like to continue using GPAL, but this is not making the decision easy.

BigDaddyGuns
08-18-2010, 2:33 AM
I just got my money. It was marked as "completed" six days ago. It'll come. Just that it'll wear your patience really really thin.

marage
08-18-2010, 5:33 AM
When I was in high school, my day made me take what he called "triggernometry", because I was the worst shot in the family.

Wicked Pete
08-18-2010, 6:36 AM
Welcome, I have heard so many comments about GPAL. Almost like the cliche: "the check is in the mail". Seems to never get there. Hope you enjoy the forums.

marage
08-18-2010, 7:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome, GPAL is a waiting game. I sure hope they find a way to get the process into a higher gear, there are many waiting on their money. I think GPAL is a good idea, I just hope this does not mean that they go under.

brywms
08-18-2010, 4:58 PM
I'm one of the many, waiting for money to transfer from my GPAL account to my bank account. My support tickets #'s are: 667496 and 209638. Any suggestions on getting the transfer done, soon? I'd like to continue using GPAL, but this is not making the decision easy.
Send GPalVP a PM with all pertinent info. Ticket's #'s, name, mailing address, transaction #'s, $ amounts, etc. Give him some time to respond, as he is likely inundated with these. It's probably not beneficial to open any additional tickets.

Also, if you haven't seen it, check out the GPAL Vendor forum. Be sure to read GPALVP's new Rules sticky.

It's tough to wait it out, but I have received two separate withdrawals since this whole mess started; one via check, one via ACH (last week). GPalVP got my funds to me, and hopefully he can help you out too. Good luck, keep us updated.

Seesm
08-18-2010, 6:53 PM
Why did you post here when there is a Gpal forum?

proxiedjohnny
08-18-2010, 7:01 PM
Why did you post here when there is a Gpal forum?

because every 'how do i get my money' post there gets deleted.

imtheomegaman
08-18-2010, 7:08 PM
Marage, welcome to the board, sorry about the gpal issues. Please don't confuse calgunners with gpal in general. Two quite different things.

Probably better to have posted this in the "off topic" area if you were worried about it getting deleted by gpal.

Hopefully it gets worked out soon for you, and the many others. Until then, and after it is all squared away, pull up a chair and enjoy the board.

marage
08-19-2010, 4:04 AM
Hey folks, thanks for all the help and encouragement.
To brywms: I appreciate the info. Please tell me what a "PM" is, and how exactly do I send the information to the GPalVP?
It sounds as though many of you are eventually receiving your money from GPAL. Which seems to work better, asking for a paper check, or asking for funds wired to your bank account?

Seesm
08-19-2010, 9:25 PM
because every 'how do i get my money' post there gets deleted.

Not true at all.... Have any got deleted? Yes if they do not follow CGN's TOS only...

ke6guj
08-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Not true at all.... Have any got deleted? Yes if they do not follow CGN's TOS only...I have seen posts that did not violate CGN's TOS, but did apparantly upset GPal so GPal deleted it.

And now, GPal has its own "rules" in the forum and any of the following will be deleted.

If you want help with your issue, you may PM me for more information, or make a new thread with your support ticket number in the thread title. All other threads will be deleted.

If you have advice or information you would like to share with us, please send it via PM. Non ticket specific threads will be deleted.

Posts from third parties that are not relevant to your ticket issue will be deleted.

Only one thread per member. Any other threads will be deleted. do any of those types of threads/posts violate CGN's TOS? Even if they don't, Gpal has stated that they will be deleted.

proxiedjohnny
08-20-2010, 3:10 AM
Not true at all.... Have any got deleted? Yes if they do not follow CGN's TOS only...

there're only 52 threads left over there. that would mean that the vast majority of the threads posted have somehow violated CGN's TOS. thread deletion in the gpal section is a prominent subject and source of frustration on other forums.

Casual_Shooter
08-20-2010, 7:05 AM

I would love to know which TOS I violated to cause my GPal "suggestion" thread to be deleted.

Luckily I saved the page to my computer. Here is the opening post. I don't know how to attach the whole page to a post.

It's kind of small.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65951&stc=1&d=1282317081

Seesm
08-22-2010, 1:13 PM
My eye's are not that good to see what you posted but thus far I have not seen anyone at Gpal not do any and all things to help in a bad situation. I have a few friends that work there but I too was owed money and finally got it... I still use Gpal.

Seesm
08-22-2010, 1:14 PM
there're only 52 threads left over there. that would mean that the vast majority of the threads posted have somehow violated CGN's TOS. thread deletion in the gpal section is a prominent subject and source of frustration on other forums.

Not being the person who is deleting them I am thinking there must be a reason like say maybe when a situation is all done and rectified they delete it so there is LESS clutter and on a site like CGN that does make sense...

Seesm
08-22-2010, 1:16 PM
I have seen posts that did not violate CGN's TOS, but did apparantly upset GPal so GPal deleted it.

And now, GPal has its own "rules" in the forum and any of the following will be deleted.

do any of those types of threads/posts violate CGN's TOS? Even if they don't, Gpal has stated that they will be deleted.

Ok having read that is says in your deal any NON ticket items... Probably cuz it was a bit of a free for all "bashing" Gpal... So now I see what is going on... Ok there you go..

Casual_Shooter
08-23-2010, 9:51 AM
My eye's are not that good to see what you posted but thus far I have not seen anyone at Gpal not do any and all things to help in a bad situation. I have a few friends that work there but I too was owed money and finally got it... I still use Gpal.

I guess one thing can be said for you.... you support your friends no matter what. This is a little bigger... Not that it will matter. You'll come up with a reason it should have been deleted. :rolleyes:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o147/dvflyer/Picture2-3.png

proxiedjohnny
08-23-2010, 6:06 PM
My eye's are not that good to see what you posted but thus far . . .

A motorcycle racer with bad eyes? I sure hope they make prescription visors.

Geo
08-23-2010, 6:35 PM

Then your loyalty is greater than your intelligence.

phkk
08-23-2010, 6:54 PM
Since when , gpal turned into a new "paypal"

horribles stories. avoid at all cost.

Seesm
09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Ahh yeah I was peeking at the thread VIA my phone hence why I could not.see it. Anyway a post like that and i can see the kind of person who left the message. Thanks!

A motorcycle racer with bad eyes? I sure hope they make prescription visors.

Seesm
09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Haha whatever....

Then your loyalty is greater than your intelligence.