PDA

View Full Version : SF bay area hunting locations?

BPA
05-03-2006, 8:29 PM
Is there any place in the sf bay area to go hunting of any sort? I cant seem to find any info on were you can and cant go hunting ,any help would be much apreciated.

blacklisted
05-03-2006, 9:04 PM
Actually, I think there is an area open to limited bird hunting somewhere around moffet field, maybe someone here knows.

shooterx10
05-04-2006, 7:42 AM
This is about an hour drive or so from San Francisco. Here is the DFG website link: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/lands/wa/region3/grizzlyisland/hunting.html

sargenv
05-04-2006, 8:57 AM
As far as hunting goes in the bay area. It's pretty limited. You either have to own land or know someone who owns land. I actually drive about 2 hours or so, give or take, to go bird hunting in the sac valley near Colusa or Willows every year. If it is big game I'd be after, I would probably head for the noth state or try to get drawn for one of the state wildlife areas. Grizzly Island allows rabbits in season (July 1st opener) and waterfowl (October through Jan, dates vary every year). I do believe they have a Tule Elk hunt, but drawing tags for that are near impossible since they only draw for like 5-10 tags. I'm not sure when that season is but it would figure to be around Aug or Sept. Non toxic shot restrictions for shotguns on waterfowl and rabbits. Otherwise it's best to find someone with land that will let you hunt. There just isn't all that much available around here.

Vince

Rumpled
05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
There's actually a fair amount of waterfowl hunting on the bay.
Nose around the DFG site and USFWS also.

Best hunting websites to check would be jesseshunting.com and for waterfowl specifically www.refugeforums.com

Also, some hunting in and around San Luis reservoir area.