PDA

View Full Version : Photo-based Firearm/asset inventory tracking and management software

Hopi
08-17-2010, 2:01 PM
My company specializes in automated matching and tracking, our software suite utilizes a camera-captured 2d barcode allowing the user to "shoot-upload-track". Our go-to-market strategy involves the professional photography industry and we have hit it out of the park here, so now I'm pushing the 'grand vision' to include more diverse applications....this is where we all come in.

I know the system works well in this capacity but I wanted to get some initial feedback from outside our normal data channels. Let's just say for example that you own 36 Swiss k-31 rifles, but you can't remember if you have a 1951 yet.....a quick check on your phone while you're standing at the gun-show tells you that you don't and you're cleared to buy without hesitation.

So........

1. I need a willing participant to test the application of a webware (cloud-based) inventory tracking and management software. The platform is rock-solid private and you will be able to access your collection information from anywhere you can receive an internet connection! Ideally, you have lots of guns or other assets that you would like to track and keep a photo-record inventory.
Requirements:
-printer
-digital camera
-assets for inventory

PM me or respond here for more info and I can set you up. This is a casual exercise, i'm hoping only that you'll like the system and use it, or that you don't like it and tell me why/how I can make it better.

General questions:

1. Is a robust and simply powerful tracking system a tool that can be applicable to firearms collections? Possible applications include; digital CandR bound book, insurance records, near-instant inventory recall from your iphone/android/blackberry. Are these realistic uses?

2. Is a $99 one-time charge reasonable for an application like this?

saber
08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I would be interested. I have about 15-20 guns of varying ages, types, etc. Please let me know know what I need to do.

Alan Block
08-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I would approach coin and stamp collectors too.