PDA

View Full Version : MK99/AK Receiver Mag question

jemaddux
05-03-2006, 4:45 PM
Is there a kit out there or what for the ten round fixed or how does it work for these. I haven't had to deal with an AK for about 15 or so years so I have no idea how this is working now.:confused:

grammaton76
05-03-2006, 4:54 PM
Is there a kit out there or what for the ten round fixed or how does it work for these. I haven't had to deal with an AK for about 15 or so years so I have no idea how this is working now.:confused:

So far, no one has a standard AK fixed-mag kit out there. The first guy who DOES put out a fixed mag kit which is reversible with tools and fairly inexpensive, will probably make a killing.

What most folks are doing, is either drilling a hole in their trigger guard and using a set screw to keep the magazine in place, or doing what I'm doing and leaving off the pistol grip and other evil features. It's more comfortable to shoot gripless than an AR.

soopafly
05-03-2006, 5:05 PM
I recommend going SB23 compliant also...allows you to use all of your standard cap and high cap magazines.

jemaddux
05-03-2006, 5:08 PM
At least I know I haven't lost my mind. I have been sitting here thinking about how it could done without drilling or anything and as far as that goes I haven't seen to much if at all in the way of a ten round mag for them.

Any pictures running around on how the legal one looks?

bwiese
05-03-2006, 5:18 PM
Plan B is to cover the gas port, remove the gas piston, and run it in manual-cycle mode (that is, non semiauto).

As a non-semiauto rifle, it does not fall under the 12276.1 definition of "semiautomatic centerfire rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine and....". It thus can have all evil features - detachable mag, pistol grip, etc.

My FAL has a grenade launcher control knob. When it's closed, the gas port is closed, the piston doesn't get gas pressure to move, and the rifle is just a bolt gun with detachable magazine. So I don't even need to gerrymander a device to close the gas port.

grammaton76
05-03-2006, 5:28 PM
Plan B is to cover the gas port, remove the gas piston, and run it in manual-cycle mode (that is, non semiauto).

As a non-semiauto rifle, it does not fall under the 12276.1 definition of "semiautomatic centerfire rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine and....". It thus can have all evil features - detachable mag, pistol grip, etc.

Yep - if someone's crazy enough to build a Yugo AK (good luck, most of the bores are in horrible shape), someone posted an inset they'd made from Home Depot parts which turned the grenade launcher selector (reversibly) into a gas system plug.

When I build my Yugos, I think I'll look seriously at doing at least one of these.

EBWhite
05-03-2006, 5:38 PM
Yup those lovely yugos. As long as the rifling is still left in good shape and it passed a bullet drop test and only has pitting in the deep grooves, you should be A-OK

prkprisoner
05-03-2006, 7:44 PM
i just got two yugo u/f parts kits with barrels that look unfired. There definately more pricy but these things are sharp. I got them from akron armory.