PDA

View Full Version : What will happen when the DOJ posts a new memo?

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 3:43 PM
Here it is, the obligatory poll!

And yes, because of its immense popular appeal I have included the "we're all going to jail" tinfoil hat option.

grammaton76
05-03-2006, 4:04 PM
And yes, because of its immense popular appeal I have included the "we're all going to jail" tinfoil hat option.

Man, it's gotta be in all caps. "WE'RE ALL GOING TO JAIL!!!"

socalguns
05-03-2006, 4:24 PM
I think you're missing an option

ALL THE PANICKY GOSSIPS SPONTANEOUSLY SEVER THEIR NADS FROM THE PRESSURE

:D:p

kenc9
05-03-2006, 4:24 PM
If you go to the DOJ news page and check the area for each months new memos area for this year and see what day of the week they post their first memo on in fact all their memos are on Friday.

You will see they post on the first Friday of each month, with I guess the exception of the now infamous Feb. 1st memo.

So Friday we may get something! I'll bet we all read the new memo and all of us say """THEY CAN'T DO THAT"""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-ken

DV8
05-03-2006, 5:02 PM
So Friday we may get something! I'll bet we all read the new memo and all of us say """THEY CAN'T DO THAT"""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-ken

Sadly, you may be right. Although a small part of me is hoping we"ll be typing "WE WON!" instead.

five.five-six
05-03-2006, 5:08 PM
I don't think the poll is being taken too seriously. the most likely option is The DOJ announces a rulemaking meeting and procedes with changing the definition of "Fixed Magazine" however evin i did not vote for that. I went for the tin foil :eek: :eek: :confused:

NRAhighpowershooter
05-03-2006, 5:35 PM
We are ALL going to jail!!!!:D and yes I DO have my tinfoil hat on!!! :cool:

kenc9
05-03-2006, 5:36 PM
I thought Ted and I were the only sane guys left!
But you know? Sometimes I wonder about you Ted!!!!!!! :)

k0331b
05-03-2006, 5:48 PM
I voted for the 'Category 2 registration window opens up' option.
But we're all going to jail... :p

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 6:20 PM
Bad news guys, I just got off the phone with my attorney. He says we're all going to jail :).

k0331b
05-03-2006, 6:34 PM
Dang it! Whoever didn't buy any lowers, please let me know who wins Bud Bowl.

MaxQ
05-03-2006, 7:21 PM
That's cool. My evil alter ego, Todd, wonders about me to.

And I thought your evil alter ego would have been Chad Clinette.

MaxQ
05-04-2006, 1:40 AM
Who the heck is Chad Clinette?

Hey Ted, it's an anagram of Technical Ted.:D :D :D

The only other thing that quickly came to mind was Chet Endicalt, and that wasn't alliterative like T. Ted...:)

bwiese
05-04-2006, 3:22 AM
... have to set up a web filter that displays on the posts from known sane people, like bwiese, artherd, blackrazor, glen_avon, and such.

I'm sane?????

Who told you that?

tenpercentfirearms
05-04-2006, 6:29 AM
You buys might be going to jail, but not me. I am currently out on assignment on my yellow scooter and they will never catch me. I have already escaped. You are all sitting at home on your computers so it will be easy to catch you. Not me. Not me.

The list is coming, the list is coming.

sac7000
05-04-2006, 7:25 AM
Bad news guys, I just got off the phone with my attorney. He says we're all going to jail :).

Same thing my attorney said too, he said there is little he can do for me other then attempt to get me transferred to a minimum security facility that has a metal shop. Maybe there I can continue my research on designing a CA DOJ approved magazine locking device....

Sydwaiz
05-04-2006, 1:54 PM
How bout "None of the above. DOJ will just laugh at all the ten round wannabe AWs knowing you can't legally make them into one without prosicution."

blacklisted
05-04-2006, 2:35 PM
How bout "None of the above. DOJ will just laugh at all the ten round wannabe AWs knowing you can't legally make them into one without prosicution."

Yeah, they'll laugh. Until someone does something stupid with one they built illegaly. Then it will be known as "Lockyer's Loophole" or something silly, and will make a lot of people look bad for allowing stripped receivers that can easily be built into an illegal configuration in.

Fjold
05-04-2006, 3:46 PM
Mine's not an AW, it's a fixed magazine, self loading rifle.

blackrifle
05-05-2006, 1:13 AM
Man, I can't wait to permanently move out of this liberal shathole...

Ford8N
05-05-2006, 6:09 AM

Amen brother.

sac7000
05-05-2006, 6:16 AM
Group buy on property outside of Kalifornistan?

klmmicro
05-05-2006, 6:45 AM

This brings up something I was thinking about. Say they make the attempt to produce a cat 4 that cannot have the "evil features". We abide by the law and send in our registration forms and have our letters in hand. We continue to keep our rifles in a 10 round pinned mag config.

Now we have registered a rifle as an assault weapon when it does not meet the criteria for being an assault rifle. No detachable mag...no assault weapon as long as the pinned mag has a 10 or less round cap.

In the pinned config we can have our collapsable stocks, bayo lugs and pistol grips regardless of how the weapon is registered as it does not fit the definition. So the truth is, we are registering something based on a model number, not feature if we keep the pinned mag?

phobos512
05-05-2006, 10:00 AM
This brings up something I was thinking about. Say they make the attempt to produce a cat 4 that cannot have the "evil features". We abide by the law and send in our registration forms and have our letters in hand. We continue to keep our rifles in a 10 round pinned mag config.

Now we have registered a rifle as an assault weapon when it does not meet the criteria for being an assault rifle. No detachable mag...no assault weapon as long as the pinned mag has a 10 or less round cap.

In the pinned config we can have our collapsable stocks, bayo lugs and pistol grips regardless of how the weapon is registered as it does not fit the definition. So the truth is, we are registering something based on a model number, not feature if we keep the pinned mag?

You're going around in circles there. You said, if they make a Cat 4, then we have assault rifles that aren't assault rifles. So if they're not assault rifles then how are they assault rifles? Fembot head explodes! ArghH!! /ot

Simply, if they make a Cat 4 (which is not a simple or easy thing to do), they're redefining what an assault rifle is. Doesn't matter what they were in the past at that point.

sac7000
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
You're going around in circles there. You said, if they make a Cat 4, then we have assault rifles that aren't assault rifles. So if they're not assault rifles then how are they assault rifles? Fembot head explodes! ArghH!! /ot

Simply, if they make a Cat 4 (which is not a simple or easy thing to do), they're redefining what an assault rifle is. Doesn't matter what they were in the past at that point.

I can't handle the stress anymore, it's just too much. The waiting, the awful waiting. It's one minute to midnite and something is going to happen, I just know it. I can't even finish my oatmeal anymore, half a bowl, maybe less. I've just lost my desire to eat a healthy meal. I want to start smoking again but can't afford the gas to drive the bicycle to the smoke store. I'm a mess..oh, the humanity...

klmmicro
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I can't handle the stress anymore, it's just too much. The waiting, the awful waiting. It's one minute to midnite and something is going to happen, I just know it. I can't even finish my oatmeal anymore, half a bowl, maybe less. I've just lost my desire to eat a healthy meal. I want to start smoking again but can't afford the gas to drive the bicycle to the smoke store. I'm a mess..oh, the humanity...

Breath! You must breath...think of your future. Think of all the good things that are happening around you man. Things are not as bad as they seem...

five.five-six
05-05-2006, 7:28 PM
You buys might be going to jail, but not me. I am currently out on assignment on my yellow scooter and they will never catch me. I have already escaped. You are all sitting at home on your computers so it will be easy to catch you. Not me. Not me.

The list is coming, the list is coming.

we are turning into everything the arf.com guys are saying about us.... don't believe me go read the "deleate @9:00 post

grammaton76
05-05-2006, 7:38 PM
we are turning into everything the arf.com guys are saying about us.... don't believe me go read the "deleate @9:00 post

So, what're the arfcom guys saying about us?

DV8
05-05-2006, 8:16 PM
Whos gives a rats *** about what they say anyway? :rolleyes:

kenc9
05-06-2006, 12:04 AM
So, what're the arfcom guys saying about us?

I looked over there but didn't see anything...They would be doing the exact same thing we are they just may not know it. But your right..Who cares what they say?

-ken