PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Davidson's Warranty?

Spitfire75
05-03-2006, 2:10 PM
Has anyone ever had to return a gun to Davidson's for warranty work? If so, how long did you have to wait to get your gun back? I took my pistol back to the dealer who transferred my Springfield 1911 to me and they sent it back to Davidson's, but that was almost a month and a half ago. I don't mind waiting a little while for my gun to get fixed, but I'm starting to get a little anxious because I haven't heard anything yet. I called the dealer 2 weeks after I brought it in and they told me that once they send it to Davidson's it's out of their hands. Is this typical? Thanks in advance...

SVTNate
05-03-2006, 2:34 PM
Personally I think that Davidson's warranty is BS. Any of the reputable gun makers will stand behind their product 100%. You don't need to pay a premium for this BS warranty, while they probably just send the gun to the manufacturer anyway (and if they don't, I'd be leery of the quality of repairs).

Spitfire75
05-03-2006, 2:58 PM
Personally I think that Davidson's warranty is BS. Any of the reputable gun makers will stand behind their product 100%. You don't need to pay a premium for this BS warranty, while they probably just send the gun to the manufacturer anyway (and if they don't, I'd be leery of the quality of repairs).
It doesn't cost extra...it's just the Davidson's Guarantee. So I didn't have to pay anything for it. I ordered the gun from Davidson's and had them send it to my local FFL, that's all.
:)

SVTNate
05-03-2006, 4:20 PM
Nothing is free.... compare the prices from Davidson's to the prices you'd pay elsewhere. I've comparison shopped myself, and normally find Davidson's prices to be significantly higher than what I end up paying.

johnny_22
05-03-2006, 4:56 PM
I compared stock at Target Masters and Reeds. Gallery of Guns beat both prices, and had exactly the gun I wanted (SIG 229 9mm, no rail).

They were less on the Ruger PC9, but, could not ship to California because of the "high-cap" 15 round magazine that comes with it.

BigMac
05-03-2006, 5:31 PM
Just so you know... Davidsons is the most, not close, the most expensive wholesale house in the country.

If you must shop online.. there are less expensive choices.

I have had Davisdons replace a rifle for me.. it took two or three days. Now if I were the dealer that you didn't use I could see why it's outa his hands ;)

Spitfire75
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Well for my particular pistol (Springfield Armory PX9109L), Davidson's had the best price I could find anywhere. I paid $638 for my gun and every other store I visited had it for over $700. Maybe I got lucky...

BigMac, thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll start bugging my FFL and give Davidson's a call.