PDA

View Full Version : North Bay Sig Dealers

ZNinerFan
08-17-2010, 4:55 AM
I am looking to pick up a Sig P226 Navy and wanted to know if there are any North Bay shops that are Sig dealers and regularly stock the Navy model for a competitive price.

I am hoping to find something local before I go the internet purchase/transfer route.

I live in Santa Rosa so I would prefer to go to a shop that is within an hour driving distance from me.

I appreciate any info you guys can toss my way.

a1c
08-17-2010, 8:39 AM
Did you give a call to Bullseye?

jben
08-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Independence Armory in Petaluma stocks a few Sigs. If Wael doesn't stock it I'm sure he'd order it for you.

leelaw
08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
The Navy is a little obscure, and I don't see it in stock at Sig stocking dealers very often. Any reason why you want it, instead of a normal P226?

Johnny.B.Good
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I am pretty sure I saw one at Canyon Sports in Martinez within the last few weeks...they always seem to have quite a few Sigs in stock. Pretty high prices though...

maddoggie13
08-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Triple A's Sporting is a Sig dealer with lot of pistol...call Aris, the owner.

BigDogatPlay
08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Might drop an e-mail to Suron Enterprises (http://www.suronenterprises.com/) in Guerneville, he will order anything on roster and is usually always the best price on guns ordered in.

Failing that, give a call to Markell's in Larkfield. He will also order up, his prices are reasonable and he's a good guy. 573-0792.

ZNinerFan
08-17-2010, 5:46 PM
The Navy is a little obscure, and I don't see it in stock at Sig stocking dealers very often. Any reason why you want it, instead of a normal P226?

Everywhere I have looked the pricing difference between the Navy and the regular P226R has been very small, so I figure I will go for the one that is not as common. I would actually prefer a model that didn't come with a rail as I never plan on using any tactical add-ons for the gun. I did the similar thing when I bought my Beretta Brigadier. I also like the idea of having phosphated internals even though it makes the trigger a little grittier.

To everyone, thanks for the feedback. I will get in touch with the vendors you mentioned and see what pans out.

ZNinerFan
08-20-2010, 6:48 PM
Update

I checked out most of the local shops that were mentioned in this thread. The cheapest I could find the Sig P226 Navy was $950 before tax + dros.

I ended up buying the Sig P226 Navy from Top Gun Supply and it is in transit to my local FFL.

I will post up some pics when I get it in, along with a range report.

yzernie
08-20-2010, 8:13 PM
Wish you would have checked out my ad. My price is $30 cheaper than Top Guns. Having said that, you will like the gun and the trigger smooths out a bit as it gets broken in.

ZNinerFan
08-21-2010, 3:45 AM
Wish you would have checked out my ad. My price is $30 cheaper than Top Guns. Having said that, you will like the gun and the trigger smooths out a bit as it gets broken in.

I had been following your thread in the commercial section and was excited when you got the P226 Navy in. I was going to order the Navy from you as soon as my paycheck got deposited into my bank account but someone got in and bought it before I could.

What night sites would you recommend? Go with factory Sig night sites or another manufacturer?

I bet now that I have bought the gun I was looking for a bunch will show up for sale in the buy and sell...:p

Going to order some Hogue rubber grips so that it matches my Beretta Brigadier. I haven't been this excited about getting a new gun in a long time.

yzernie
08-21-2010, 7:20 AM
I had been following your thread in the commercial section and was excited when you got the P226 Navy in. I was going to order the Navy from you as soon as my paycheck got deposited into my bank account but someone got in and bought it before I could.

What night sites would you recommend? Go with factory Sig night sites or another manufacturer?

I bet now that I have bought the gun I was looking for a bunch will show up for sale in the buy and sell...:p

Going to order some Hogue rubber grips so that it matches my Beretta Brigadier. I haven't been this excited about getting a new gun in a long time.
I ordered two of the last 4 in the warehouse last week and they will be here Monday....dang it!!

Night sights are an option I wish they would offer for the Navy guns but I understand why they don't offer them. We have the Sig night sights on all of
the wife's and my duty and off duty guns and I like them. The differences in the other ns manufacturers are negligable and most have a 10-12 year guarantee now-a-days. Shop around and see what you can get a good deal on.

I have Hogues on every Sig I own (and that is a few!!) and imo they are a great yet econimical addition.

The Sig warehouse is out of stock on the Navys now so thankfully I got a couple more before they went out of stock.

Ernie