View Full Version : sightmark magnifiers?

08-16-2010, 10:20 PM

price seems too good to be true...anyone have exp with these?...planning to mate it with an eotech xps2....wondering if i can find a decent priced flip to side mount with this too that will line up properly....if someone can shine some light on this, it would be great.

08-26-2010, 6:38 AM
Looks like a Mako magnifier.

Try this one:

Seems to be the best bang for the buck without going with an el-cheapo knock-off type magnifer.

08-26-2010, 7:20 AM
Yes, stick with the VMX3 since it's the only clone with decent eye relief.

08-26-2010, 9:12 AM
Yes, stick with the VMX3 since it's the only clone with decent eye relief.

While the external design does somewhat resemble the general shape of the Aimpoint Magnifier, I dont think it should be designated as a "clone". Vortex is a legitimate company, not in the business of "knock-offs".

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to, involved in the operations of, nor sell, Vortex products......just your typical ron-of-the-mill layman.

Cool Hand Luke
08-26-2010, 7:06 PM
Why don't any of these magnifiers come with a flip mount option? Without the flip-to-the-side mount, what's the point of a magnifier. I can get the Mako 3x for $64.99 and the 5x for $89.90, but without an inexpensive flip-to-the-side mount to go with them, there is no reason to get one. I'd like to try a cheap one on my XPS 2.0 before I drop $500 on a real Eotech magnifier/mount.

08-26-2010, 7:12 PM
There are some clone FTS mounts around but I haven't been impressed with their quality. I saw a cheap FTS with a clone EOTech 4X that broke within 10 minutes of use.