PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think is happening Friday?

CalGunsNoob
05-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Speculation of course...

Are they listing? If so how much time before DROSs can no longer be started?

Are they redefining what constitutes a mag?

etc

tenpercentfirearms
05-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Here is what is going to happen Friday. Once I get back from my scooter tour I am going to take the day off and go shoot ground squirrels. That is exactly what is going to happen Friday.

SFV_Dealer
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Keeping the world safe from squirrels! Thanks TenPercent!
BTW, the K98 rifle for my customer was very well appreciated! Thanks

bwiese
05-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Here is what is going to happen Friday. Once I get back from my scooter tour I am going to take the day off and go shoot ground squirrels. That is exactly what is going to happen Friday.

Wes,

Do you eat the squirrels? Or are they pests?

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Wes,

Sadly, long ago on this forum it was determined that I am the only one on here actually eating ground squirrels. For Wes and others they're just pests.

caduckgunner
05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I've had gray squirrel and dumplings when out deer hunting. There was no deer, so we shot some rats with tails.:D

tenpercentfirearms
05-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Sadly, long ago on this forum it was determined that I am the only one on here actually eating ground squirrels. For Wes and others they're just pests.Yes, this is true. I had forgotten this point.

The reason our teenage pregnancy rate is so high is because of the large numbers of ground squirrels in this state. Friday I will be doing my part to reduce the teenage pregnancy rate by killing as many ground squirrels as possible. I am doing it for our children.

wookie1976
05-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes, this is true. I had forgotten this point.

The reason our teenage pregnancy rate is so high is because of the large numbers of ground squirrels in this state. Friday I will be doing my part to reduce the teenage pregnancy rate by killing as many ground squirrels as possible. I am doing it for our children.

Dont forget, you are also shooting them with a deadly "black" rifle that has a dangerous killing upgrade known as a pistol grip that will allow you to effectively "spray" bullets at the innocent (squirrels that is). This also is a factor in lowering the teenage pregnancy rate.

Fjold
05-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Wes,

Here from: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/24674.html

Yersinia pestis is a species of bacteria that causes plague, an infection that leads to death quickly and that has caused several major epidemics in Europe and Asia over the last 2,000 years. One of the best known was called the Black Death because it turned the skin black. This plague epidemic in the 14th century killed more than one-third of the population of Europe within a few years. In some cities, up to 75 percent of the population died within days, with fever and ulcerated swellings on their skin.

The last urban plague epidemic in the United States occurred in Los Angeles in 1925. Since then, an average of 13 cases of plague have been diagnosed each year, primarily in the Southwest, with about 80 percent occurring in the desert areas of New Mexico, Arizona or Colorado and about 9 percent in California. Worldwide, up to 3,000 cases of plague are reported to the World Health Organization each year.

Plague affects many species of wild rodents, and it usually is transmitted by the bite of infected rat fleas (Xenopsylla species). Less commonly, humans become infected in other ways: 1) when the organism enters through a break in the skin after direct contact with the tissue or blood of an infected animal (for example, if a hunter is skinning an animal) or 2) by direct inhalation of infected droplets if they are in close contact with a person or animal infected with the pneumonic form of the illness (plague infection of the lungs).

In the United States, plague usually is transmitted in one of four ways:

* Contact with infected wild rodents, especially ground squirrels, rock squirrels, prairie dogs or chipmunks
* Contact with carnivores (especially pet cats) that eat these wild rodents
* The bite of a flea that lives on one of these animals
* Scratches or bites from infected pet cats

People who are most likely to be infected include hunters, veterinarians and those who camp or hike in areas where animals are infected with plague. Domestic cats or dogs also can spread the disease to their owners by bringing infected fleas into the home. In the United States, 78 percent of plague infections occur after a flea bite, and 20 percent develop after direct contact with an infected animal (touching a carcass, skinning a dead animal). Another 2 percent occur after inhaling airborne droplets that contain Y. pestis bacteria from an animal that has plague infecting the lungs.

blacklisted
05-03-2006, 1:04 PM
LOL, tell that to shopkeep, he's the one that used to eat ground squirrels.

Here from: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/24674.html

Yersinia pestis is a species of bacteria that causes plague, an infection that leads to death quickly and that has caused several major epidemics in Europe and Asia over the last 2,000 years. One of the best known was called the Black Death because it turned the skin black. This plague epidemic in the 14th century killed more than one-third of the population of Europe within a few years. In some cities, up to 75 percent of the population died within days, with fever and ulcerated swellings on their skin.

The last urban plague epidemic in the United States occurred in Los Angeles in 1925. Since then, an average of 13 cases of plague have been diagnosed each year, primarily in the Southwest, with about 80 percent occurring in the desert areas of New Mexico, Arizona or Colorado and about 9 percent in California. Worldwide, up to 3,000 cases of plague are reported to the World Health Organization each year.

Plague affects many species of wild rodents, and it usually is transmitted by the bite of infected rat fleas (Xenopsylla species). Less commonly, humans become infected in other ways: 1) when the organism enters through a break in the skin after direct contact with the tissue or blood of an infected animal (for example, if a hunter is skinning an animal) or 2) by direct inhalation of infected droplets if they are in close contact with a person or animal infected with the pneumonic form of the illness (plague infection of the lungs).

In the United States, plague usually is transmitted in one of four ways:

* Contact with infected wild rodents, especially ground squirrels, rock squirrels, prairie dogs or chipmunks
* Contact with carnivores (especially pet cats) that eat these wild rodents
* The bite of a flea that lives on one of these animals
* Scratches or bites from infected pet cats

People who are most likely to be infected include hunters, veterinarians and those who camp or hike in areas where animals are infected with plague. Domestic cats or dogs also can spread the disease to their owners by bringing infected fleas into the home. In the United States, 78 percent of plague infections occur after a flea bite, and 20 percent develop after direct contact with an infected animal (touching a carcass, skinning a dead animal). Another 2 percent occur after inhaling airborne droplets that contain Y. pestis bacteria from an animal that has plague infecting the lungs.

stevie
05-03-2006, 1:16 PM
Poor Chip and Dale

koiloco
05-03-2006, 1:30 PM
Sadly, long ago on this forum it was determined that I am the only one on here actually eating ground squirrels. For Wes and others they're just pests.

you are not alone. I do munch them too.

quite tasty actually.:D

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 1:50 PM
LOL, tell that to shopkeep, he's the one that used to eat ground squirrels.

Still do too!

You cut around their cute little furry feet, then you peel the skin back. Next you pull out their guts and put them into a pot to boil. MMMmmmmMMMMMmmm squirrel!

They're stringy little suckers I'll tell ya! Takes at least 4 or 5 to make a meal.

pc_city
05-03-2006, 1:54 PM
I just had a ground squirrel named patty.

blacklisted
05-03-2006, 1:55 PM
In that case, marinate them in beer, wrap them in bacon, and rotisserie them.

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 1:59 PM
In that case, marinate them in beer, wrap them in bacon, and rotisserie them.

that actually sounds pretty good... now I'm scaring myself...

tenpercentfirearms
05-03-2006, 3:02 PM
Poor Chip and DaleThey are safe, they are chipmunks. Chipmunks have actually been known to reduce school drop out rates. Not ground squirrels, they are the leading cause of teenage pregnancy and they must be stopped at all costs. I am doing my part, what about you?

I just left Yosemite and am now heading towards Modesto.

NRAhighpowershooter
05-03-2006, 3:23 PM
What is going to happen this Friday?? I'm going fishing.....

shopkeep
05-03-2006, 3:51 PM
I don't think I've ever shot a chipmunk before... when I was a kid my friend shot a Badger to death with a 10/22 and his father made us eat it. It was EXTREMELY tough and nasty meat.

grammaton76
05-03-2006, 4:11 PM

I would if I shot any. Used to eat tree squirrels and opossums back in TN.

NRAhighpowershooter
05-03-2006, 5:33 PM
MMMMM..... squirrel or some version of a furry rodent.....http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pdf553826f569f7ca1f67723aad86734f/ef28751f.jpg

ahh... amazing what I did 20 years ago!!

Gunsrruss
05-04-2006, 8:16 PM
MMMMM..... squirrel or some version of a furry rodent.....http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pdf553826f569f7ca1f67723aad86734f/ef28751f.jpg

ahh... amazing what I did 20 years ago!!

It's amazing Robert now that I have seen a picture of you years ago, that you really never were very good looking Were you?? This is payback for the Gas at Coalinga,
Russ

NRAhighpowershooter
05-04-2006, 9:53 PM
Just wait until next year Russ!!!

That pic is 20 years old. I weighed a measly 175lbs back then