PDA

View Full Version : Off roster pistols anyone? SCAR or ACR? AR Pistol? Review of Valkyrie Arms (Milpitas)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Frosty
08-16-2010, 2:35 PM
I just recently visited a store that just opened its doors called Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas. It was recommended to me by a friend, who is friends with the owner and his brother. I enjoy visiting new gun shops as well as supporting start up businesses (as clearly Target Masters gets their fair share of customers) so I decided to stop by and check the place out.

First impression walking through the door: WOW, they have some AMAZING firearms there. I mean, things I've never even seen in person, and they were happy to hand them off to me to check out. When I was there, they had 2 ACRs (1 tan, 1 black), 1 SCAR, an AR pistol, 2 M6s, an FN Police Sniper rifle, a .308 REPR (amazing), and plenty various AR and other rifles. In addition, they have a manufacturers license, and the owner showed me several AK-47s they were working on as well as some SAIGAs and all sorts of incredible things. They even had several off roster Sigs, as well as a couple Glocks. The owner said he intended to get some Springfields, CZs, and other more common handguns. There was also a healthy selection of AR rails, muzzle brakes, general parts, and even some PMAGs at great prices, but that's not even the best part.

When I inquired about his unique selection of firearms and his general business model, he revealed to me that it was his intention to make a name for himself in getting his customers off-roster pistols (legally of course) and rarer rifles and firearms. The shop will have the full capability of manufacturing, and therefore will have a great leg up in this department. Specifically we discussed off roster 1911 pistols, for which I believe he said he had an extended barrel and a fixed single shot magazine. We also discussed rifle caliber pistols, and he said he had already placed an order for some DRACO 7.62x39 pistols as well as some others (more AR pistols I think).

As a testament to their dedication to customer satisfaction, a friend of mine ordered an AR-15 upper and lower receiver from them very recently. He ordered a very basic stock, but upon hearing word that the stock wasn't going to be available, the owner Tim offered to upgrade his stock at no additional cost. Needless to say, these people never ceased to impress me, as few stores would be so good to a single customer, particularly in their situation as a new and not yet financially self-sufficient vendor.

I believe we are long overdue for a shop like this. The owners displayed none of the rude tendencies towards customers that I find in so many other firearms stores around the bay area (I'm looking at you Gun Vault). They encouraged me to hold and experience their firearms without event he slightest request from me. But most of all, they are willing to go out on a limb and get the California people what they want. Seeing the inventory they had and the things on the way, I know they have invested a lot in this store, and I would like to see the support of Calgunners for this place. At the very least, check them out if you're in the area. After speaking with the owners for a while, I told them I would be happy to make a writeup about their store to spread the word to CalGuns, and I have done so honestly and without prejudice. If you do decide to go in, please mention CalGuns and/or my name, Frosty (Taylor). If I can get a good showing of CalGun members, I think I can work on some group buys and good deals for CG members on rare items, off-roster pistols, and magazine rebuild kits. Thanks for reading guys; I am going back to pick up some PMAGs soon, and I'll try to snap a shot of their rifle selection then to add to the thread. Oh, and here is the shops info (from the card I snagged while I was there):

Valkyrie Arms
1751 Houret Ct.
Milpitas, CA 95035
Office: (408) 957-0600
Fax: (408) 957-0666

I believe the shop is co-owned by three or more people, and they all work day jobs to support this store, so I don't think they open until 5PM most days. Their card also lists a website that apparently isn't up yet, varms.com. Anyways, thanks for reading guys, and happy shooting!

Edit: Store hours

Wed-Fri 5:30PM-10PM
Sat 10AM-8PM
Sun 10AM-6PM

-Frosty

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a vendor review section.

Edit: Forgot to mention, they showed me plans for Valkyrie Arms AR lowers that looked mean as hell at a very competitive price.

BANG BANG
08-16-2010, 2:50 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I've used Target Masters for 2 purchases this year as they had the best price for what I was looking for at the time. I live in El Sobrante so that was not a quick drive., but was willing to travel for the price and decent service I got there.

I def try and support local shops (or in this case not so close) as I'd rather spend a bit more money FTF vs online.

What are the hours of Operation? I want to stop in and peek around. :D

Frosty
08-16-2010, 2:57 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I've used Target Masters for 2 purchases this year as they had the best price for what I was looking for at the time. I live in El Sobrante so that was not a quick drive., but was willing to travel for the price and decent service I got there.

I def try and support local shops (or in this case not so close) as I'd rather spend a bit more money FTF vs online.

What are the hours of Operation? I want to stop in and peek around. :D

I want to say they are open 5PM-11PM?

BANG BANG
08-16-2010, 3:02 PM
cool, I'll give them a call later to make sure their exact hours and days of operation

Johnny.B.Good
08-16-2010, 3:03 PM
I will definitely check them out once they get their website/hours up and online. Thanks for the heads up.

Cyc Wid It
08-16-2010, 3:18 PM
According to Yelp:

1751 Houret Court
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 957-0600

Hours:
Wed-Fri 5 pm - 10 pm
Sat 10 am - 8 pm
Sun 10 am - 6 pm

Valkyriearms
08-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Frost, glad you liked the store.

The address and phone numbers are correct. Store hours

Wed-Fri 5:30PM-10PM
Sat 10AM-8PM
Sun 10AM-6PM

I think Frost did a good job of letting you guys know what kind of firearms we carry, but wanted to add a couple more, ACR enhanced (on their way), Arsenal SGL-21, Arsenal SGL-31, a couple of Saiga -12's still being converted. We will continue to add as much invetory as possible and should be fully stocked in the next month or two.

We are working on getting you guys as many non rostered guns as possible. We should have everything ready for the 1911's by this weekend. We'll also be ready for the Sig's fairly soon. Other guns are in the works but take time and are not cheap. If there's any particular guns you guys would like to see at the shop just let us know.

Thanks
Tim

Frosty
08-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Hours corrected in first post. Good luck with the store Tim, I'll be back in the bay area in a couple days to pick up those two PMAGs.

Colt-45
08-17-2010, 1:15 PM
If there's any particular guns you guys would like to see at the shop just let us know.

Thanks
Tim

These are some of the most sought after off-roster handguns by Calgunners:

1. HK 45
2. XDm's (40,9mm,45)
3. Glock Gen 4's
4. HK P30L
5. Glock 21 SF WITH RAIL
6. Various off roster 1911's (TOO MANY to list.)
7. Ruger LCP subcompact.

and my personal want, Glock 21 sf with picatinny rail.

I'm curious as to how the whole single shot 1911 deal works, does the gun get shipped to you and you convert it to single shot? or must it be single shot before you receive it?

Rekrab
08-17-2010, 1:16 PM
So if I were to order an off-roster 1911 from you guys, it would come with the extended barrel and fixed sled. Then after I get it would I send the extended barrel and fixed sled back to you?

It seems like you guys could cut down on some overhead if you offered to charge a "core" deposit and let us get the deposit back after we send back the items to you.

This is, of course, assuming someone from far away buys from you. Down here in SoCal we don't have anyone quite that progressive.

Valkyriearms
08-17-2010, 2:09 PM
XDM's and HK45's are both in the works. The guns would come to us and we modify them at the shop. They will be modified with either a blocked and fixed mag or a weld on the barrels so a loaded mag wouldn't be able to feed. It will depend on the gun. We are trying to avoid doing anything that would permantley alter the guns.

We will be asking for deposits on anything we had to add to the guns, barrels, mags, etc. Once you bring back your gun for some gunsmith work on your barrel your deposit will be refunded. Anyone not in the area can ship the gun back to us or maybe work something out with the deposit where we'll send you your replacement parts and refund you the deposit once we get your old barrels back. There will not be any extra fees associated with this service.
Any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks
Tim

plan-b
08-17-2010, 3:05 PM
Wow, to know that there's an FFL that actually wants to help us out with non-rostered handguns is huge! I'm assuming that you can get away with making the modifications to become a dimensionally compliant single-shot inside of CA is because you're an 07FFL? All other threads I've read about this indicate that the gun needs to cross the border while it's already fully compliant.

Frosty
08-17-2010, 4:43 PM
Wow, to know that there's an FFL that actually wants to help us out with non-rostered handguns is huge! I'm assuming that you can get away with making the modifications to become a dimensionally compliant single-shot inside of CA is because you're an 07FFL? All other threads I've read about this indicate that the gun needs to cross the border while it's already fully compliant.

I believe that it's simply a matter of what kind of FFL you are sending it to/what kind of gun is being sent, so yes 07 FFL holders usually take shipment of firearms that are not CA approved because they can alter them and sell them here, whereas even if a non-07FFL holder could take shipment, there'd be no point without a local 07 FFL willing to mod the gun to the point that it was legal to sell to a CA resident. This is the kind of hassle most non 07 FFLs try to avoid, because they don't think it's worth their time. Assault weapons, however, definitely (at least I'm fairly sure) need to be shipped to an FFL licensed to take them, which is why certain firearms need to have bullet buttons installed prior to entering the state. So I guess with a manufacturing license and the ability to take shipment of assault weapons, you're free to do what you like for the most part.

Cyc Wid It
08-17-2010, 5:31 PM
Too bad I just picked up another 1911... ah well, I may be able to swing by later this week. I've been dreaming of a 9mm Colt Commander for a while.

Valkyriearms
08-17-2010, 5:45 PM

Yes with our 07FFL it allows us to legally do the necessary modifications to the guns before they are sold. We've looked into it and can not find any reason why the guns would have to be modified out side of the state. Maybe someone knows of a law that we have missed. I would be curious to see some of those other threads if you have a link to them. The only guns we cant have shipped to us with out being modified first or taken apart would be AW's. That is in the process of being taken care of also.

Thanks
Tim

Nor-Cal
08-17-2010, 9:09 PM
I would love a XDm 45 or 40, its good to see a FFL doing what it can to bring off roster firearms to customers hands! Look foward to doing buisness with Valkyriearms!

SNEAKS
08-17-2010, 9:52 PM
+1 for wanting a HK P30 and variety of 1911s.:thumbsup:

smarter
08-17-2010, 10:49 PM
awesome!! can't wait to visit. do they do PPT?

tonelar
08-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes with our 07FFL it allows us to legally do the necessary modifications to the guns before they are sold. We've looked into it and can not find any reason why the guns would have to be modified out side of the state. Maybe someone knows of a law that we have missed. I would be curious to see some of those other threads if you have a link to them. The only guns we cant have shipped to us with out being modified first or taken apart would be AW's. That is in the process of being taken care of also.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,
The only reason to have the firearms modified out of state would be if your transfer FFL was NOT a type 07. Since the regular gun store type FFL doesn't grant them the ability to "make legal" their weapons, they need them to show up already californicated.
Good talking with you today (I was asking after single shot exempting a Mare's Leg Rossi).
Cheers!

12:13
08-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Judging by your fax number & the fact that a major portion of my finances will be going to you guys once you get the HK45 & P30L in, I believe you are the devil!!!:D:43::devil2::devil::reddevil:

Factory2nds
08-18-2010, 2:30 AM
nice, i live 4 miles from this place! no more driving to BAGV!!!

Valkyriearms
08-18-2010, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=12:13;4801255]Judging by your fax number & the fact that a major portion of my finances will be going to you guys once you get the HK45 & P30L in, I believe you are the devil!!!:D:43::devil2::devil::reddevil:[/

Doesn't the devil give/provide you all of those things in life you aren't supposed to have. Might not be a bad thing.

Yes we do PPT.

Frosty
08-18-2010, 4:28 PM
Doesn't the devil give/provide you all of those things in life you aren't supposed to have. Might not be a bad thing.

Yes we do PPT.

Haha, very true, but I think the devil usually charges more :eek::26:

subrosa
08-18-2010, 4:50 PM
I for one love the hours! I hate it when a good store is only open the hours I "should" be at work.

I look forward to coming in and checking out the selection! :D

Rekrab
08-18-2010, 5:08 PM
The really tricky thing I see is convincing people to send off-list stuff to an FFL in California.

Rob Roy
08-18-2010, 5:20 PM
Do you have Walther PPS in works?

ZX-10R
08-18-2010, 5:33 PM
That is only about 20 minutes from me. Next time I am up in NorCal I will check it out. Thanks for the insight.

Chiney-K
08-18-2010, 6:13 PM
So stoked, i will do my best to come in ASAP. Frost, good to here they pride themselves in HELPFUL customer service. There are only a hand-full of places in the Bay Area where sales reps provide CONSISTENT respect and help with gun purchasing. My first visit will be recorded on Yelp and CalGuns... hope it's a good one.

jshoebot
08-18-2010, 8:06 PM
Very excited for this! I'll be looking forward to everything coming together. Looks like I'll have to plan a road trip for a P30L...

Factory2nds
08-19-2010, 12:27 AM
I swung by Valkyrie Arms today at around 6:30 or 7:00 to check out the place. kind of a hard place to find as the suite number is not posted above the door. saw one other gentleman trying to find the place as well. anyway, theyre still getting things off the ground but by the looks of what they already have on their walls and the attitude of the guys that work there, this place should be the hottest shop in the bay area. Unlike other shops, these guys are very friendly and dont mind taking the time to let you handle the merchandise.

i'm really looking forward to these guys getting their shop fully up and running, so if you guys swing by to check out the place, dont be discouraged with the small inventory!

Valkyriearms
08-19-2010, 1:43 AM
Thanks for all of the interest in the shop guys. We wanted to make sure that everyone is aware before coming by the shop that we do not have a huge invetory as of right now. There will be a lot more added to the shop and should have everything that we can in the next month or two. Everyone is more than welcome to come by but just didn't want people thinking they would be seeing more than what is there.

As far as some of the non-rostered guns that you guys have been mentioning to me: for the most part we are open to doing this for just about any pistol that we can make it work on. As of right now barrels in the works are as follows; 1911 .45, .38, .40, 10mm, XDM all calibers, HK45, and Sig 226, 229, 238. As we complete these we will start to add more to the list to be worked on. Thanks again guys for the support on the shop.

Tim

Cyc Wid It
08-19-2010, 1:53 AM
Please add 1911 in 9mm to the next batch :shifty:

Alecks
08-19-2010, 2:56 AM
I can't wait to find some time to visit you guys

Valkyriearms
08-19-2010, 8:33 AM
9mm is in this being done with the other 1911 barrels. I wS half asleep when I posted that last night and forgot to add it.

MarCay08
08-19-2010, 10:55 AM
see you guys later on today!!!!

POLICESTATE
08-19-2010, 11:00 AM
OMG Milpitas has a REAL gun store? I'm going to have to check it out!

Chiney-K
08-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey to everyone in Valkyrie, thanks for your time last night... You guys were really cool and definitely customer focused. I am sure that they will have a ton of great products real soon, because they already do (albeit a small selection). It was great talking to you guys, it was nice to get away from my girlfriend for 5 minutes. GUNS!

Frosty
08-20-2010, 7:27 PM
Glad to see so many people showing as much interest as I did when I first heard about the place. I probably should have mentioned that the store isn't fully stocked (except for their Sig Sauers), but I'd still rather go and see the awesome guns they have at Valkyrie Arms over a collection twice as big exclusively comprised of ARs.

Beatone
08-20-2010, 7:55 PM
I will be checking this place out for sure. I need a good gunsmith who not maxed out on stuff. Sweet.

BroncoBob
08-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Very nice to know about another shop opening up. Might drop in one day after getting off work.

Cyc Wid It
08-21-2010, 9:27 PM
I stopped by today and was able to find it relatively easily even though they don't have a sign up yet. While they don't have their full inventory at the moment, they do have some interesting stuff in the shop already (SCAR, ACR, etc.) From the conversation I had, it seems like they get the big picture and they aren't after every last nickel and dime (transfers/ammo/etc.). I'd be happy enough with that much from a shop, but the off-roster stuff is an added bonus.

Everybody always likes to ***** and moan about various shops in the area, so take some time to check this place out. Decide for yourself it this place is worth your time and money... if so then don't be afraid to say so (there is such a thing as a positive review too). Hopefully they don't experience any major growing pains and they seem to be taking the time to get up to speed correctly.

BANG BANG
08-22-2010, 11:21 AM
AR pistol next on my wish list to buy, let me know when you get some !!

MarCay08
08-22-2010, 11:54 AM
went to visit...called friends and told them about the store too.... i think i just found my favorite store!!!! and it's close!!!

Valkyriearms
08-22-2010, 12:41 PM
AR pistol next on my wish list to buy, let me know when you get some !!

I got an LWRC 5.56 in black in stock. Also have the same one but in FDE on its way. Should be here sometime nest week. We can also build you one off of our lowers. Shoot me a PM with the specs and i'll get you a price.

Thanks Everyone
Tim

dfens
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Are you guys planning on getting any H&K MR556's in?

If so as long as it has all the BB and other crap to make it CA compliant so I can just buy it off shelf and take it to the range right after I'd be down for one.

Frosty
08-22-2010, 1:27 PM
Everybody always likes to ***** and moan about various shops in the area, so take some time to check this place out. Decide for yourself it this place is worth your time and money... if so then don't be afraid to say so (there is such a thing as a positive review too). Hopefully they don't experience any major growing pains and they seem to be taking the time to get up to speed correctly.

My thoughts exactly. I find similar issues when trying to purchase items online; people only take the time to review something if something went wrong and they're left bitter. I thought this places was awesome though, so I decided to go out of my way to write a positive review for once. I'm glad to see everyone else is having a good experience as well.

4thHorse
08-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Love this place. I went there today and just BSed around for over a half hour. I forgot about my wife and kid who were in the car. I can't wait for the shop to get fully stocked. I talk to Tim and he is one cool guy. I will be back.

Frosty
08-23-2010, 1:39 PM
Finally back in the bay area, lookin forward to picking up some PMAGs.

Durasteel
08-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh man, I am ridiculously anxious to visit this store once I get back from vacation.

Valkyriearms
08-24-2010, 1:03 AM
Yes H&K MR556's are on order. I do not have any lead time on this if anyone is curious. I also have a few SIG516's that are supposed to ship out in the next week or two. I won't be holding my breath. Thanks again guys for the support. I believe I've gotten to everyones questions but in case I missed you feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks
Tim

Alecks
08-24-2010, 1:07 AM
Should have read the store hours before heading out today :facepalm:

fyi you missed a few packages :p

para38super
08-24-2010, 8:20 AM
We need some Colt 38 supers and Colt 9mm!

Valkyriearms
08-24-2010, 1:49 PM
Hey Alecks

We'll be at the shop today from around 6-9 if you wanna come by. Sorry we missed you yesterday.

Tim

santacruzstefan
08-25-2010, 9:30 PM
This place is awesome. I stopped by for a little while tonight, and even though its somewhat rugged in there at this point, they already have a nice selection of high-end black rifles and some sweet pistols. Once its fully set-up and everything they have on order comes in, its going to be my go-to place in the Bay, for sure. Good people, fair prices (only $50 for a dealer-to-dealer transfer is amazing in these times of so much gouging elsewhere)... I like their attitude, too, no pretentiousness or other BS. Plus, the willingness, even eagerness to get off-roster pistols to us is great. But that SGL-31 is gonna be mine next week. Nice shop, Valkyrie, you guys should do well.

BANG BANG
08-26-2010, 7:31 AM
I got an LWRC 5.56 in black in stock. Also have the same one but in FDE on its way. Should be here sometime nest week. We can also build you one off of our lowers. Shoot me a PM with the specs and i'll get you a price.

Thanks Everyone
Tim

when I'm ready I'll shoot a pm or stop by

BusBoy
08-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Ohhhh very cool! I hit Milpitas twice a week when our season gets going! Cant wait for parent to ask "What do you do between work and waiting for practice to start?" lol... I visit a gun store before coaching your little angel!! Hahhaa Im sure ill spend a few pennies here.

Akula1
08-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Tim,
It was great visiting yor shop tonight. Thanks for all the info and offering to do some gunsmithing on my registered SPAS-12 and semi M-60E3. I can't wait to see how the shop looks once its up and running 100%. I really like the fact that if you are doing a build or need top quality accesories, you have it all right there. From DD LPKs to TROY sights to AAC flash supressors, I was amazed that you had everything available for purchase at reasonable prices!

gizmo7718
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Stopped by after work last night. All I can say is....WOW! It's like walking into a free state shop. Had to fight the urge to pull out the credit card. Can't wait to get some off roster stuff. Woohoo!

plan-b
08-27-2010, 9:26 PM
I decided to pay them a visit today after taking off from work. These guys are the real deal. The place is still a bit rough as everyone said. But what they have already is very, very cool. They're more than happy to show you whatever they got and chat about the plans they have. Sure, it's new but they have a ton of enthusiasm for what they're about to do. They'll actively ask for your suggestions too. Fancy that, a business that wants their customers' input.

BTW, if anyone's thinking they're gonna stop by to check out the SCAR, don't bother. Check out the ACR instead.

I don't have gizmo's credit card willpower. :43:

lehn20
08-28-2010, 5:18 PM
Did a PPT on an AK the other day. The place is gtg. Nice collection on the wall already. I will be back for SCAR-H and LMT 308SWS.

rojocorsa
08-29-2010, 7:25 PM
I talked with Xavier and Tim today about possibly buying my CZ-452 from them--which at this point I think I will.

Tim's prices seem very reasonable considering that he has to pay overhead costs and all that. He also took the time to answer all my questions I had, and we even chatted about the implications of AB 962.

I'm impressed with the customer service, ergo my mind is made up: I'll be buying my CZ-452 Trainer from Valkyrie.

Thank you very much, Xavier and Tim. You guys made my weekend.

ScorpioVI
08-30-2010, 4:35 PM
Finally! A shop that understand "9-5" is when most of us work! They get my business on that basis alone. I'll be checking them out later this week. Great location too. This is very good news for us South Bay folks.

dwtt
08-30-2010, 6:32 PM
As far as some of the non-rostered guns that you guys have been mentioning to me: for the most part we are open to doing this for just about any pistol that we can make it work on. As of right now barrels in the works are as follows; 1911 .45, .38, .40, 10mm, XDM all calibers, HK45, and Sig 226, 229, 238. As we complete these we will start to add more to the list to be worked on. Thanks again guys for the support on the shop.

Tim

So, do you accept guns from out of state private individuals? If you ever get barrels and parts to californicate Kel-tecs, and say I buy a Kel-tec at a local gun show in Virginia, but after a range visit realize the purchase was a case of lust rather than true love, would I be able to send you my gun?

After reading what your shop is doing, I don't feel so good about wearing my Bay Area Gun Vault T-shirt in D.C. on Saturday. I should have worn one of your shop's shirts, if you had one.

Valkyriearms
08-30-2010, 10:32 PM
We have no problem doing transfers. Just give us a heads up when you wanna ship something in. On the Kel-Tecs we would need to have enough people interested so we wouldn't have to pass a fee along to the customer. We have some t-shirts in the works. Do you guys want to see some hoodies also?

Thanks
Tim

BANG BANG
08-31-2010, 8:40 AM
We have some t-shirts in the works. Do you guys want to see some hoodies also?

Thanks
Tim

depends on the designs, but hoodies would be cool.

and Tim.. still waiting on the pic of your lowers :whistling:

Cyc Wid It
08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Maybe, as long as they don't go too far into the Affliction/Tapout look.

*edit* and this is coming from an actual MMA fan

Valkyriearms
08-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I apologize about the wait. I didn't forget about the pictures. I can't figure out what's wrong with the scanner (computers aren't my thing). I should get my lowers back tomorrow and I will take pictures and post them up here. If you don't see pics it just means I don't have the lowers yet. The shirts will have our logos and that's about it. Nothing crazy.

Thanks guys
Tim

BANG BANG
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM
no worries, not in a huge rush. I'd plan on getting a built lower from you in about 2-3 weeks. Leave plenty of time for us to chat and figure out what
parts / companies to use for it.

BTW your lowers are built by who????

In regards to store merchandise, you guys should do hats and stickers too

gunn
08-31-2010, 1:17 PM
If you don't mind, I had a few questions for you. It's always nice to have another FFL in the area -- esp one that's close to my office.

Q: Is the $50 pricing for an FFL-to-FFL transfer (cited above) inclusive of the $25 DROS fee or in addition to the $25 DROS fee?

Q: What do you charge for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gun on a single FFL-to-FFL transfer?

Q: Do you collect the use tax for the CA govt for out of state purchases or just expect us to pay it ourselves? I think most folks would prefer the latter...

Q: Are you willing to receive AW configured rifles and then configure them to be CA legal for a fee? This would help folks eliminate a 'middleman' transfer (for those folks willing to ship a AW rifle to a CA FFL).

I'm not talking about serious mods -- just straightforward stuff that you would have to do anyway if you were going to add it into your inventory (but in this case, you are doing it to a customer owned rifle). Would you just charge the shop rate + materials? IMO, all of these items below should take less than 30 min...
Example:
* Pin a stock open
* Add a buttpad to a rifle to make it 30" OAL
* Replace a FH with a muzzlebrake (assuming this is just a screw-in and not a pinned/welded muzzle attachment)
* Replace the mag release with a bullet button (AR or AK).

Thanks in advance for your reply.
-g

Valkyriearms
08-31-2010, 5:15 PM
Are lowers are machiened by JD Machiene.

The $50 transfer fee doesn't include the DROS or the Tax. I know you guys would prefer I assume you will pay the Tax and not charge it (the way it should be), but I don't want to have any issues with the DOJ about this. You can DROS as many longguns as you want on the $50 transfer fee. For handguns it's $50 for the first one and $10 for each additional one.

Please do not send me AW's. I do not have an AW license right now and can not be in possesion of them. We are trying to get our AW license but we need more people with RAW's and LE's with letterheads. The guns can come in taken apart and we can make them Cali legal. The only cost would be for the parts to make them legal depending on the quanity of guns being shipped to us. If anyone is planning on sending in multiple guns to be made compliant please give us a heads up first and we can discuss a cost. I know most of these mods don't take more than a couple of minutes but that couple of minutes adds up especially when we aren't making any money on the gun and have to pay someone working for us to do this.

Thanks
Tim

Turbinator
09-03-2010, 6:31 PM
Looking forward to checking out the store. Not looking forward to controlling the spending impulses that will probably happen after visiting. :)

Turby

Valkyriearms
09-03-2010, 7:25 PM
Hey Guys. Some of our lowers finally came in. I've been trying to get the pictures up but I'm haveing some difficulties. Also wanted to let you guys know the barrels for the 1911 in .45 are ready. We are working on the 1911 in 9mm and .38 barrels right now. Hopefully we can have these ready some time next week.

Thanks
Tim

plan-b
09-04-2010, 5:10 PM
For those on the edge of their seats waiting for pics of their lowers, here they are. If you can build a pistol with one of these, I'd be all over it!

http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654622_8WjBw-L.jpg
http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654523_f9hXu-L.jpg
http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654332_sskWa-L.jpg

BANG BANG
09-04-2010, 5:36 PM
For those on the edge of their seats waiting for pics of their lowers, here they are. If you can build a pistol with one of these, I'd be all over it!

http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654622_8WjBw-L.jpg
http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654523_f9hXu-L.jpg
http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/994654332_sskWa-L.jpg

looking good, I'll be in there in a few weeks to check you guys out and shop

I'm still saving my pennies LOL :devil2:

subrosa
09-04-2010, 6:13 PM
Yes!! Local lowers are awesome...

What is the msrp? I am looking to build my second and this sounds perfect.

ScorpioVI
09-04-2010, 10:30 PM

They can. I started DROS on a pistol lower last Thursday. I was the first guy to buy one of their lowers.

Valkyriearms
09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
The stripped lowers are $139. We can do pistol builds on these as ScorpioVI mentioned we already started one for him.

Thanks guys
Tim

lehn20
09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Can we fill in the design with something OD or CB?
I think that would look bad azz for a build

battleship
09-06-2010, 1:54 AM
Made the trip down there today, this is going to be a great store.
Tim and javier were very friendly and willing to engage on anything i asked about.
Will definitely be going back in the future.

12:13
09-06-2010, 8:39 PM
Damn! Those lowers came out sweet!

Nevermore
09-07-2010, 5:44 PM
I just wanted to toss my two cents in. I stopped by the shop last week on my way home from work (since it's on the way, even!) and while they're still setting up, I think the shop has a lot of promise. The guys I met were real friendly and knowledgeable. I'm hoping to do some business there soon!

subrosa
09-09-2010, 1:23 AM
Stopped in this evening with a buddy.

A great small shop, plenty of accessories and black rifles to start with, and from the looks of things many many more good things to come. Good collection of SIG pistols.

I felt very welcome and everyone was very helpful (Thanks Tim!), the polar opposite of some other gun stores which shall remain nameless.

I couldn't resist their lowers, so my 10 days start tonight :D

Can't wait for the 1911s to come flowing in, need to start saving my pennies!

I can't be the only person that loves a store that is open from 5pm till 10pm either.

dfens
09-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Just got back from checking this shop out with my best friend and man were we blown away.

It's a small shop now, but they got tons of stuff on the wall to play with and the prices, customer service, and knowledge is their. Tim and his associate are top notch, answered all my questions and was able to chat with him for a bit.

Was able to handle a few AR's and look at some other rifles, also handled some handguns they carry those as well. Their is ammo and accessories all the odds and ends you are going to need.

This looks to be my go to gun shop from now on for everything. They are the only true OLL shop out their that will or can get all the evil black rifles and he's working on off roster pistols as well. These 2 things are going to set this place apart and are a untapped market that I hope will make him a killing.

Thank god the H&K MR556's are still on order or I may have bought one on the spot, will definitely buy one when they come in. Too bad the Scar was sold wanted to handle one of those suckers.

What a difference a gun store makes, when you have the right people running it, I've never had such a pleasant experience in a long long time would totally recommend you stop by and see what they can do for you.

plan-b
09-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Too bad the Scar was sold wanted to handle one of those suckers.

Brought it home Wednesday night. It's sitting in my safe as I type this. :devil:

I'm sure they'll get their hands on another one.

Colt-45
09-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Brought it home Wednesday night. It's sitting in my safe as I type this. :devil:

I'm sure they'll get their hands on another one.

SCAR L or SCAR H? Black or tan?

plan-b
09-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh if only mere mortals like us could partake in the select fire goodness that is the SCAR L or H. But no, it's the 16S in FDE. I have way too many black guns and the more I looked at the tan colors (all 4 hues) the more I liked it. I added a 5th hue with some obligatory Magpul add-ons.

For anyone curious, I tested a MIAD grip off one of my ARs and it looks like it can fit with the tang on if you file away some of the plastic on the inside of the tang channel. And if you have a PMag 10.30 built off of the latest generation mags (the ones that let you store the dust cover to the base plate) they will drop free.

http://btoy.smugmug.com/photos/1002842016_ACtGE-L.jpg

Alecks
09-11-2010, 8:37 PM
Visited Valkyrie Arms today.

Thanks for showing us all the cool toys

heres a few pics I snapped

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4981640736_3300e9b101_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981640736/)
IMAG0203 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981640736/) by alecks88 (http://www.flickr.com/people/53828720@N05/), on Flickr
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4981034285_03392ac30d_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981034285/)
IMAG0204 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981034285/) by alecks88 (http://www.flickr.com/people/53828720@N05/), on Flickr
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4981034831_79c23955fd_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981034831/)
IMAG0205 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53828720@N05/4981034831/) by alecks88 (http://www.flickr.com/people/53828720@N05/), on Flickr

Good luck with the shop!

rojocorsa
09-11-2010, 8:48 PM
Nice! I can't wait to go personally.

Werewolf1021
09-11-2010, 9:34 PM
Forgive my noobness, but how is it possible to get the off roster stuff? (I would really like a sig 232 in blued instead of expensive stainless...)

Might have to make the hour drive down down there to check this place out.

Cyc Wid It
09-11-2010, 9:51 PM
Long barrel + single shot modifications.

plan-b
09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
As Cyc said, if you have a long enough barrel and it's single shot, it's not subject to the roster. Specifically, a barrel that is longer than 6" with the pistol having an overall length of 10.5" or more that is also a single shot makes it exempt from the roster. This is also how AR pistols can be bought & transferred. The law doesn't say that the pistol has to stay single-shot, nor does it say it has to maintain the dimensions after it's been DROSed and delivered to you. You just gotta make sure you don't cross any "assault weapon" boundaries later on. It's important to note that this is not a loophole or a workaround. It's not a way to skirt the law. It's a spelled-out exemption.

Valkyrie is one of the few (the only??) shops I've heard of that's going through the trouble of helping us get non-rostered handguns legally, well aside from AR pistols. I bow down to them for that. :notworthy:

sixtus
09-13-2010, 1:16 PM
Figured I should chime in from the non-AR and pistol crowd.

Went there with my Lee-Enfield and Winchester, a few dollars and a boatload of questions for them. I left quite satisfied, my Winchester fixed and a project in the works with my Lee-Enfield that Valkyrie Arms is helping me with that other gunsmiths in the area (even a self-advertised antique gunsmith specializing in WW1-2 rifles) wouldn't touch.

Their customer service for a bay area gun store is great, my GF enjoyed the experience since they didn't look down on her for being a "mere female" which was a nice change of pace for her, and the prices for the gunsmithing work were very reasonable and helpful, which is nice because I'm on a student budget.

Thanks Tim, you have ensured me as a customer.

Frosty
09-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Just got back from my trip to Costa Rica and I'm headin straight to Valkyrie Arms today. While I was gone my buddy got a Glock 20SF (10mm) from Valkyrie at a RIDICULOUS price (so ridiculous I'm not going to post it). I'm really excited to see so many people have been stopping by and helping this shop succeed!

Oh, and thanks for the PMAGs Tim!

BANG BANG
09-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I finally have a free weekend, I'll be stopping by there this Sunday !!

luciferkang
09-17-2010, 1:04 PM
i think we all agree that valkyrie arms should pack up and set up shop in socal.

ScorpioVI
09-17-2010, 3:04 PM
Picked up my AR Pistol w/ Valkyrie Lower the other day. Turned out great! Thanks Tim!

I'll post pics next week.

rojocorsa
09-17-2010, 3:10 PM
i think we all agree that valkyrie arms should pack up and set up shop in socal.

Nay, their location is fine where it is now. :D :chris:

Frosty
09-17-2010, 7:14 PM
Nay, their location is fine where it is now. :D :chris:

Yeah, open up your own shop lucifer :p

Double_D
09-17-2010, 8:14 PM
I'm so glad this place opened up in Milpitas. I avoid Target Masters like the friggin plague. I chatted with Tim for a little bit and he is very friendly and extremely helpful. I'm so excited for this place and can't wait until they're fully stocked.

Frosty
09-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Just got back from Valkyrie, my buddy and I got some Israeli army 5.56 (and of course played with all the stuff he's gotten since I was last in) :D. I can't wait to put em down range. Tim also showed me his Sig ?P250? with the interchangeable internals and showed me how to take it apart and stuff. Awesome. He also said he's gettin some Dracos in real soon, maybe next week, so my brother is goin in to buy one as soon as I get the word.

I think I'm gonna start living in this store.

luciferkang
09-18-2010, 9:56 PM
Yeah, open up your own shop lucifer :p

i actually have funds to purchase a lot of inventory, just not a store front. plus i don't know much about applying for an FFL. I heard if you have an FFL the feds have the right to "raid" your place to check your inventory. I don't like the sound of that even though everything will be CA compliant. I just don't feel comfortable with feds inviting themselves over.

glenndf
09-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Do you know what your Thanksgiving hours are going to be? I will be home from college then and would love to check out your store. Also, my dad and I are pretty sure we are going to do an OLL build this December. If I pm you, would you help me figure out which stripped lower and other parts to use? They all look the same to me :confused:

beetle
09-19-2010, 1:56 PM
finally, a real gun store in the South Bay Area. They're still getting set up, but already they have more interesting things than what you see in other area shops.

Spent some time talking to Tim -- he was helpful, courteous, and a nice guy overall.

Count me in the "switching my business to Valkyrie" camp.

Oh, and I picked up the 20" REPR :)

Frosty
09-19-2010, 9:53 PM
i actually have funds to purchase a lot of inventory, just not a store front. plus i don't know much about applying for an FFL. I heard if you have an FFL the feds have the right to "raid" your place to check your inventory. I don't like the sound of that even though everything will be CA compliant. I just don't feel comfortable with feds inviting themselves over.

I know how you feel, but by all means if you've the time and money, going the route that Tim has with this shop would be beneficial to both you and the entire firearm owning population of CA. I think the Calguns community is a great place to find sound legal advice (though you should take it all with a grain of salt, as most are not lawyers) and support for opening your own shop.

Count me in the "switching my business to Valkyrie" camp.

Oh, and I picked up the 20" REPR :)

Nooooooo, that was my favorite!!! Tim said on several occasions that he wanted so badly to take it off the wall and down to the range, but then he'd have to sell it used. If you need some help breaking it in, just let me know ;)

Frosty
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
It's morning and I'm still bummed about that REPR.

sytfu_RR
09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
hmm I'm going to have to stop by, they're in the same area as my old work place "blacktrax performance".

Blackhawk556
09-21-2010, 2:28 AM
those lowers look freaking awesome

ill be stopping by this saturday

Funbaby
09-21-2010, 8:13 PM
HK 45 please...

plan-b
09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
HK 45 please...

Dibs!! :drool5:

thmpr
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Reloading supplies at a reasonable cost?

BANG BANG
09-22-2010, 8:02 AM
HK 45 please...

2nd in line !!! lol

I didn't make it in last weekend. Try again this weekend !!

SJgunguy24
09-22-2010, 8:38 AM

The BATFE can drop in for a compliance check at anytime during your business hours. You have to submit your business hours on your FFL application. When your dealing with the Feds, they tend to be very professional and they really don't want to disturb your business. They know full well that is your means of income and respect that.

Now the CA DOJ BOF agent's.........different types altogether. The shop I was working for was raided by them. I was not there when it happened but I have seen the video. They came in and were getting physical with the customers and pushing people around and violated federal laws during their inspection. They basically acted like dicks, and somebody high up ended up losing their job over that too.

Alecks
09-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Heres my Valkyrie Arms lower so far

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5017057472_c72de5c6f5.jpg

BANG BANG
09-24-2010, 7:38 AM
Heres my Valkyrie Arms lower so far

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5017057472_c72de5c6f5.jpg

looking good, I hope to dros one soon too. Waiting for second batch

Colt-45
09-24-2010, 2:33 PM
The BATFE can drop in for a compliance check at anytime during your business hours. You have to submit your business hours on your FFL application. When your dealing with the Feds, they tend to be very professional and they really don't want to disturb your business. They know full well that is your means of income and respect that.

Now the CA DOJ BOF agent's.........different types altogether. The shop I was working for was raided by them. I was not there when it happened but I have seen the video. They came in and were getting physical with the customers and pushing people around and violated federal laws during their inspection. They basically acted like dicks, and somebody high up ended up losing their job over that too.

Good to hear.:43:

BANG BANG
09-26-2010, 8:14 PM
Finally made it to the shop !! Shop is very cool and well stocked with goodness. I also picked up one of their lowers !! thanks Tim

I see myself spending all my money there and no other shop from now on.

Colt-45
09-26-2010, 9:15 PM
Finally made it to the shop !! Shop is very cool and well stocked with goodness. I also picked up one of their lowers !! thanks Tim

That's exactly how I felt and I live in Fresno:43: .

BANG BANG
09-26-2010, 9:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG BANG

That's exactly how I felt and I live in Fresno:43: .

ha ha I'm in El Sobrante. But I've been to enough shops like most of us on here and Tim seems sincere and up front, not just because he just trying to establish his shop !!

4thHorse
09-26-2010, 9:31 PM
I picked up my CZ SP01 from these guys and it went smooth. I will always tell people about how great this place is.

BANG BANG
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I picked up my CZ SP01 from these guys and it went smooth. I will always tell people about how great this place is.

I picked up a Lower from them over the weekend and will go there for a Sig next !!

Colt-45
09-27-2010, 5:15 PM
Anyone drosed an off roster handgun with them yet? I'd like to know who popped the cherry.:D

Ar pistols and off roster handguns are different.

Cyc Wid It
09-27-2010, 6:03 PM
Mine is scheduled to arrive in the next day or 2.

plan-b
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Cyc, I gotta know. What did you get.

Cyc Wid It
09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Colt Combat Commander 9mm.

Colt-45
09-28-2010, 1:05 AM
Mine is scheduled to arrive in the next day or 2.

Nice, but the question is, have you drossed it yet?:D

SJgunguy24
09-28-2010, 1:23 AM
Nice, but the question is, have you drossed it yet?:D

He's GTG.

Colt-45
09-28-2010, 2:05 PM
He's GTG.

Was he the first guy to buy an off-roster handgun at Valkyrie?
(not including pistol AR's)

Valkyriearms
09-28-2010, 3:01 PM
He's not the first one to buy but will be the first one to DROS. The process is the same (as AR pistol) as far as the DROS process goes.

sirnonz
09-28-2010, 6:08 PM
nice selections! can't wait till i have time to swing by!

Frosty
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
nice selections! can't wait till i have time to swing by!

You wont be disappointed.

BANG BANG
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
You wont be disappointed.

I was... because I only bought a lower and not half the store

Nailz
09-29-2010, 6:34 PM
Man I can't wait to check this store out. I'm looking for an Arsenal SGL-21. I wonder if you can use the dorky U-15 stock on it so I don't have to throw a bullet button on...food for thought I guess. How fortunate to have a shop like this pop up just over an hour from me is a blessing for sure.

One bit of advice that I'd give the guys at Valkyrie... get a message on your phone that denotes that you've reached the right place to leave your message. I wasn't sure it was the business with the standard automated voice message system recording.

Nailz
09-29-2010, 7:36 PM
Well I just spoke with Tim a minute ago and I'm impressed with his desire to find/make what he can to legally to get you what you want...all while not talking to you like your an idiot or wear a foil helmet when you get back to your bunker.

In my experience, many places either don't know enough or just don't care enough. I am excited to check out the shop and continue to learn what Tim and staff can offer us here in California.

Great start thus far for sure!!

I'm sold.

SJgunguy24
09-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Well I just spoke with Tim a minute ago and I'm impressed with his desire to find/make what he can to legally to get you what you want...all while not talking to you like your an idiot or wear a foil helmet when you get back to your bunker.

In my experience, many places either don't know enough or just don't care enough. I am excited to check out the shop and continue to learn what Tim and staff can offer us here in California.

Great start thus far for sure!!

I'm sold.

Valkyrie Arms has a couple very well versed and informed forum members on staff. They know the laws and what it takles to get the job done.

sirnonz
10-01-2010, 12:54 AM
just left there a few hours ago, nice guys and tons of nice stuff! handled a ACR and some LWRC AR Pistols, and bought my CGN lower!

sytfu_RR
10-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Went there yesterday with Sirnonz, great staff, very helpful friendly, let us check out some of the cool toys ( REPR! ) prices are pretty good, I picked up ASAP sling and a Spike H2 Buffer ( which I have never seen in stock any where at a store ). Looking forward to visiting again.

beetle
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
picked up my REPR from the crew at Valkyrie. As expected Tim and Javier were super nice, friendly, and just generally good guys. If you haven't yet, I highly recommend checking them out.

Pics of my new toy from Valkyrie
http://www.employees.org/~beetle/guns/repr1.JPG
http://www.employees.org/~beetle/guns/repr2.JPG
Gotta love that side charging goodness
http://www.employees.org/~beetle/guns/repr3.JPG

capitol
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM

When I read that :rolleyes: I thought daaang I want one too

Cyc Wid It
10-02-2010, 1:13 PM
When I read that :rolleyes: I thought daaang I want one too

I'll provide a review/etc. of the gun and the whole process of getting it once my 10 days are up.

j.primo
10-02-2010, 3:39 PM
Just walked out. Friendly guys, great stuff! Had some built ak's on the wall and wood stock sets. I know where my money will be going soon :D

plan-b
10-03-2010, 6:39 PM
If you've been thinking about stopping by but haven't found the time to do so. I'd recommend checking it out. They added a few very interesting items to the inventory this weekend. :devil:

One rifle in particular... I was telling Tim I don't think he'd be able hang on to it through next weekend.

zod
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Did a PPT there today. Right around the corner from my place. Great bunch of guys. Very friendly and absolutely no attitudes. Great shop! Looking forward to doing more business there.

rojocorsa
10-04-2010, 12:47 AM
How much is their PPT?

Uhhlexxxis
10-04-2010, 6:36 AM
do y'all take over the phone orders + department letters for same day pick up? (handgun)

zod
10-04-2010, 8:04 AM
Did a PPT there today. Right around the corner from my place. Great bunch of guys. Very friendly and absolutely no attitudes. Great shop! Looking forward to doing more business there.

$35. No different from other FFL's I have used in the area. But you owe it to yourself to check the shop out. AK's, AR's, AK pistols, AR pistols and black rifle stuff I haven't seen in any other shop around bay!

Ksmash01
10-04-2010, 8:40 AM
Dear Valkyrie Arms,

I am one of the many Californians who is looking for an ORH(Off Roster Handgun), specifically an Smith & Wesson M&P9L.

When you are able to obtain one, and modify it like the others, I'd be happy to purchase one.

Thank you for your service to Californians.

Valkyriearms
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
do y'all take over the phone orders + department letters for same day pick up? (handgun)

Over the phone orders are fine. We have no problem with Department letters. Just bring that with department ID and your good to go.

Thanks
Tim

mattmattmatt
10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Everyone owes it to themselves to check this place out. They're extraordinarily nice, know their stuff, and will help get off roster items into your hands.

I've been there a few times now, bought one of their OLL, and will likely be in later this week to buy a new handgun.

Example: I purchased a GR lower parts kit but forgot to add a buffer spring. I went in ready to buy one and asked Tim if they had any. He asked what size, went in the back, came out and gave one to me free of charge! He also offered to help touch up some of my newbie scratch marks on the lower I put together.

Genuine group of people that like firearms, and want to help you in any way they can.

Thank you guys for the quality gun shop!

Frosty
10-05-2010, 5:28 PM
Just got word that there's a SCAR-17 and a couple ACR Enhanced rifles there now. I'm heading back up to the bay area this weekend, so I'll be there :44:

sirnonz
10-05-2010, 5:48 PM
i get to pick up my calguns lower on 10-10-10 so hopefully i'll get to see it then.

Frosty
10-05-2010, 6:49 PM
i get to pick up my calguns lower on 10-10-10 so hopefully i'll get to see it then.

calguns lower?

sirnonz
10-05-2010, 8:17 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=344615

Ibgreezy
10-05-2010, 8:40 PM
They got a "CALGUNS" lower on hold for me, I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping thinking of how I'm going to do this build. Support local shops, it keep them in business and gives us a place to indulge on our intoxicating addiction to guns.

plan-b
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Just got word that there's a SCAR-17 and a couple ACR Enhanced rifles there now. I'm heading back up to the bay area this weekend, so I'll be there :44:

You're spoiling the surprise!!! :43:

Django1970
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
They are holding a Calguns lower for me, so i will be giving them a visit this Saturday. :D

Colt-45
10-06-2010, 1:12 AM
Do they have t-shirts yet? :43:

BANG BANG
10-06-2010, 8:04 AM
Do they have t-shirts yet? :43:

yeah, where's the free swag for all of us that bought stuff from you !! lol :party:

GW
10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
XXXL, please:p
Waiting out my 30 days before I can buy the gun I put on layaway.
I love this shop!!!
Great guys who greet you when you come in. Well-versed in the law
I am committed to these guy's success!!
Pay them a visit and you'll see what I mean.

immaculate
10-07-2010, 1:15 AM
called Tim and ordered a couple blocked-to-10-round XDM 9mm mags - sounds like a great shop and I'm looking forward to visiting. Pricing was very reasonable for mags + perma-blocking - thanks for that! Will post pics & impressions of mags once I receive them.

tonelar
10-07-2010, 1:57 PM
Is Valkyrie going to stock the JD / Calguns lowers? I need to get down there one of these daze soon...

i1800collect
10-07-2010, 1:59 PM
Is Valkyrie going to stock the JD / Calguns lowers? I need to get down there one of these daze soon...

Valkyrie Arms has the Calguns/JD lowers in stock right now!

Lazy eye
10-08-2010, 9:08 AM
I've got a question. Where in the gun laws does it say that it's legal for me to return a long barrel, single-shot pistol to its original configuration once I have purchased and taken possession of the gun?

Valkyriearms
10-08-2010, 9:22 AM
I think the question is, where in the law does it say it's illegal to swap out barrels on a gun. Most laws state what is illegal not what is legal.

Tim

SJgunguy24
10-08-2010, 9:29 AM
I've got a question. Where in the gun laws does it say that it's legal for me to return a long barrel, single-shot pistol to its original configuration once I have purchased and taken possession of the gun?

The law doens't work like that. The law states what is illegal and the possible punishment for breaking that law. Everything else is legal.
If there is any "gray areas" then case law can establish how a law will be enforced.

SJgunguy24
10-08-2010, 9:29 AM

You better hurry on down, there are running out from what I hear.

Lazy eye
10-08-2010, 9:45 AM
The law doens't work like that. The law states what is illegal and the possible punishment for breaking that law. Everything else is legal.
If there is any "gray areas" then case law can establish how a law will be enforced.

I think the question is, where in the law does it say it's illegal to swap out barrels on a gun. Most laws state what is illegal not what is legal.

Tim

Ok, I get it, but I'm still a little nervous. What about returning it to semi-auto?

SJgunguy24
10-08-2010, 9:47 AM
Ok, I get it, but I'm still a little nervous. What about returning it to semi-auto?

Perfectly legal, if you find a law that says other wise I'll give you a cookie. What you do to your gun after you take it is up to you. As long as you stay away from anything that could be NFA or in violation of state law your GTG.

I'll give you a cookie anyway, but you won't find any law that says you can't convert your gun to semi.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/pattypres2003/CIMG2428.jpg

Lazy eye
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Well sweet. Lemme know if you guys can get the Walther PPS.

SJgunguy24
10-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Well sweet. Lemme know if you guys can get the Walther PPS.

Have you thought about swinging by the shop and talking to them? Generally I have found if you show up and throw some money down that will get you better results then asking kind of randomly on a forum.

I can say 100% they have stuff nobody else has.

Lazy eye
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Have you thought about swinging by the shop and talking to them? Generally I have found if you show up and throw some money down that will get you better results then asking kind of randomly on a forum.

I can say 100% they have stuff nobody else has.

Believe me, I will. My mouth has been watering for one since I first saw this thread.

Stormtrooperthunder
10-08-2010, 3:05 PM
would you guys be able to get the Argentine FM 90 High Power?

Valkyriearms
10-08-2010, 3:22 PM
If you're referring to the Century imported ones then yes there are some available.

BostonFan
10-08-2010, 3:26 PM
When someone finds a way to get stripped 1911 frames into ca I will pay extra for a few lol

Merc1138
10-08-2010, 11:23 PM
So I was in this shop like a week ago, looked around, liked what I saw. Went back in earlier today nice and smooth transaction for a lower. Met Bwiese while I was in there too(although I think I may have been a little offputting when he asked what my forum name was, but it was the end of a long crappy workweek so I was a little grumpy, sorry). The shop has stuff in stock, these guys are friendly, there's no problem with asking to see stuff from the rack or from under the counter.

Heck, they even stuck an eotech on a SCAR just so I could check out the charging handle clearance with an optic that has a bulky mount(and btw, don't stick anything more than an aimpoint micro on there if you don't have gloves on and have huge hands, trust me on this).

These guys are friendly, they know what they're talking about, the hours are great for folks like myself who can't get to the shop before 6pm on a weekday(a lot of shops simply close too early, these guys are open late on the weekdays). My transaction was nice and quick, pickup should be just as smooth. Now they're a smaller shop, they aren't gonna have everything, but they do have all of the "tacticool" goodies you'd expect out of an EBR shop. Plus, they seem perfectly willing to order things for you. This is seriously one of the better shops in the local area.

Valkyriearms
10-09-2010, 9:04 PM
Frames are possible. I would have to mark them with my information but it's doable. If there is enough people interested we can get an order together.

Wanted to let everyone know the HK45's are ready to go.

Thanks
Tim

When someone finds a way to get stripped 1911 frames into ca I will pay extra for a few lol

calnurse
10-09-2010, 10:00 PM
XDm! XDm! Come on give me something to work overtime for!!:) My friend states Steyr AUG can be configured to be California legal. Will you sell these types of rifles?

bwiese
10-09-2010, 10:39 PM

It is entirely legal, once you've acquired a legal gun, to change it into any other legal form (i.e, don't make it an AW or SBR or machinegun, etc.)

Thus this freedom allows you to change, amongst other characteristics:
- calibers (other than making a destructive device or 50BMG rifle)
- barrel lengths (other than when they trigger illegal SBR status)
- double action revolver to/from single-action revolver;
- multi-shot pistol to or from single-shot pistol;
- nonsemiauto to semiautomatic (provided features don't trigger AW status)

Otherwise we'd all be in jail now ;)

Such firearms have survived DOJ scrutiny and DOJ audits and if there are questions about a firearm that has undergone legit transformations at the proper time, CGF will support the case.

SJgunguy24
10-09-2010, 11:16 PM
XDm! XDm! Come on give me something to work overtime for!!:) My friend states Steyr AUG can be configured to be California legal. Will you sell these types of rifles?

What is the fascination with the XDm? I was checking one out and to me one of the "safety features" may get you killed if you were really in a fight for your life. To each his own but I'll take my trusty old Glock.

dfens
10-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Come on Tim don't tempt me with the HK 45 I'm already saving for that MR 556 if they ever get off their butts at H&K and release it to market.

Just one question I forgot to ask when I stopped by is after you pick up one of your single shot barrel modded pistols, do you then trade the customer for the factory barrel or do we have to wink wink buy the factory barrel?

SJgunguy24
10-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Come on Tim don't tempt me with the HK 45 I'm already saving for that MR 556 if they ever get off their butts at H&K and release it to market.

Just one question I forgot to ask when I stopped by is after you pick up one of your single shot barrel modded pistols, do you then trade the customer for the factory barrel or do we have to wink wink buy the factory barrel?

I think they take donations.

Django1970
10-10-2010, 12:32 AM
thanks guys for your time and effort. 10 days jailtime starts tonight for my Calguns lower. Javier is very cool, he checked out the SN's for me and found my birthdate. very very friendly people, also if you buy parts from them, they will install it for free! :notworthy:

Alexjr1967
10-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Great shop ... Found a place I like and finally bought an AR lower... Thanks again tim for getting me in and out...

calnurse
10-10-2010, 3:32 PM
What is the fascination with the XDm? I was checking one out and to me one of the "safety features" may get you killed if you were really in a fight for your life. To each his own but I'll take my trusty old Glock.

It's the forbidden status that draws me to it!!:p

SJgunguy24
10-10-2010, 9:59 PM
It's the forbidden status that draws me to it!!:p

God help you if you need to charge that gun with a severe injury and can't have grasp the gun like your shooting it. It will not allow the slide to travel far enough to the rear to load the chamber unless your depressing the grip safety.

Jason_2111
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Just wanted to through in my $.02 here...

On the recommendations of fellow calgunners in another thread, I popped into the shop today to order a caliber conversion kit for my Sig P250. Lots of nice toys there... toys I need to start saving up for. The guys are super friendly and know their stuff.

I'll be definitely taking my business there... much easier to get to than the Gun Vault in Mtn. View, and gotta love the off-roster conversions. :)

A gun store with cool stuff, where the people working there know the laws and don't give in to FUD, plus no attitude problems or grumpy old farts to deal with. They need to get on the vendor forum, so more folks can find them.

Colt-45
10-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Just wanted to through in my $.02 here...

On the recommendations of fellow calgunners in another thread, I popped into the shop today to order a caliber conversion kit for my Sig P250. Lots of nice toys there... toys I need to start saving up for. The guys are super friendly and know their stuff.

Glad it worked out, I remembered seeing a SIG SAUER sign last time I was there.

SJgunguy24
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Glad it worked out, I remembered seeing a SIG SAUER sign last time I was there.

You should see all the Sig Sauer guns they have.

Alecks
10-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Here's my VA-15 rifle. Mike pinned on the muzzle break and Tim put on the rail for me.

Thank Guys!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/5070346661_0af104a643_b.jpg

Frosty
10-11-2010, 8:04 PM
A gun store with cool stuff, where the people working there know the laws and don't give in to FUD, plus no attitude problems or grumpy old farts to deal with. They need to get on the vendor forum, so more folks can find them.

You should let Tim know. I started this thread in hopes of getting their names out early on, but I think they've got their hands so full they might overlook some things like this.

On a side note, I just dropped by this weekend, and man those Draco AK pistols are awesome! Very tempting, but I'm saving up for the full sized models they have. They've got a couple with manually operated bolt catches that are pretty snazzy. And as always, the AR pistols are looking amazing, as was the SCAR-17. There was also a certain unmentionable .45 pistol with a fake can on it :eek:

ebencikiv
10-11-2010, 8:16 PM
You should let Tim know. I started this thread in hopes of getting their names out early on, but I think they've got their hands so full they might overlook some things like this.

On a side note, I just dropped by this weekend, and man those Draco AK pistols are awesome! Very tempting, but I'm saving up for the full sized models they have. They've got a couple with manually operated bolt catches that are pretty snazzy. And as always, the AR pistols are looking amazing, as was the SCAR-17. There was also a certain unmentionable .45 pistol with a fake can on it :eek:

I got to fondle that .45 this weekend, I almost got a boner ok who am I kidding I did get a boner :43:

Cyc Wid It
10-11-2010, 8:19 PM
I'll be picking up my off-roster pistol tomorrow. If time allows I'll stop by the range on the way home for a range report. Otherwise I'll just make a write up of the overall process/experience/my precious Colt.

The Bacon Eater
10-11-2010, 8:39 PM
Hk45 Can you post a price, or pm it. Im very interested. Thanks

Table Rock Arms
10-11-2010, 8:52 PM
Frames are possible. I would have to mark them with my information but it's doable. If there is enough people interested we can get an order together.

Thanks
Tim

I believe that if the frames already have serial numbers and you are building them up, you can use the serial number already on the gun and put your info on the barrel in a place where it can be seen. This should be no problem as you would be using extended barrels for the single shot exemption.

What have you been doing for the other single shot pistols you have been doing?

BANG BANG
10-11-2010, 9:08 PM
I picked up my Valkyrie Arms lower this past weekend. Thanks to Tim for the the assembly help ( I don't have any tools ) and to Mike for helping me install my Mepro night sights on my CZ P0-1.

I will post some pics soon of my AR and I'm already saving for my next purchase from them lol :D

Peter W Bush
10-11-2010, 9:26 PM
What would it take to import an HK P7 PSP?

SJgunguy24
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I believe that if the frames already have serial numbers and you are building them up, you can use the serial number already on the gun and put your info on the barrel in a place where it can be seen. This should be no problem as you would be using extended barrels for the single shot exemption.

What have you been doing for the other single shot pistols you have been doing?

Little of this and alittle of that, sprinkle some fairy dust and pass out some cookies and BAM!!!!!!

Off rostered guns.

SJgunguy24
10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I picked up my Valkyrie Arms lower this past weekend. Thanks to Tim for the the assembly help ( I don't have any tools ) and to Mike for helping me install my Mepro night sights on my CZ P0-1.

I will post some pics soon of my AR and I'm already saving for my next purchase from them lol :D

You ain't the only one brother.

plan-b
10-12-2010, 12:05 AM
This reminds me, I need to swing by and pony up for my AR pistol build.

Table Rock Arms
10-12-2010, 5:57 AM
Little of this and alittle of that, sprinkle some fairy dust and pass out some cookies and BAM!!!!!!

Off rostered guns.

I was referring to the fact that according to ATF buying guns and adding drop in parts for the purpose of resale is considered manufacturing and would require the manufacturer to put there info on the gun. Please read below.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Valkyriearms
10-12-2010, 9:13 AM
I was referring to the fact that according to ATF buying guns and adding drop in parts for the purpose of resale is considered manufacturing and would require the manufacturer to put there info on the gun. Please read below.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

The link you posted has nothing to do with engraving firearms for the purpose of manufacturing. That link states who needs and does not need a license to manufacture. If what you are saying is true then any company that puts on a mag lock, changes sights, installs new grips, etc... would need to engrave the firearm. I would contact the Tech dept. of the ATF and ask them and not base it off the link you posted. You are only performing a step in the process of manufacturing a firearm. Now if you build a pistol from a frame you would need to mark the gun with your information.

Valkyriearms
10-12-2010, 9:47 AM
What would it take to import an HK P7 PSP?

We'll do any non-rostered gun. As long as there is enough demand for the gun we do not need to pass on a cost to the customer for the work that would need to be done. It seems there is some interest in these and we can add them to the list. I need to get a few other guns finished first and then we can look into tackling these.

Thanks
Tim

SJgunguy24
10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
We'll do any non-rostered gun. As long as there is enough demand for the gun we do not need to pass on a cost to the customer for the work that would need to be done. It seems there is some interest in these and we can add them to the list. I need to get a few other guns finished first and then we can look into tackling these.

Thanks
Tim

So are you saying if there was something I have my heart set on, you would special order it and do a 1 off job, if I was willing to pay?

Valkyriearms
10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
We'll do anything your heart desires. As long as it it legal. The only limit is your wallet.

Tim

Table Rock Arms
10-12-2010, 3:00 PM
You may be right, and I hope that you are. I am going to try and get it in writing from ATF. My biggest concern is excise tax. I am also trying to get info from the tax and trade beureu as it states on their website that even a ginsmith would have to pay excise tax if they buy guns and modify them before selling them.

The link you posted has nothing to do with engraving firearms for the purpose of manufacturing. That link states who needs and does not need a license to manufacture. If what you are saying is true then any company that puts on a mag lock, changes sights, installs new grips, etc... would need to engrave the firearm. I would contact the Tech dept. of the ATF and ask them and not base it off the link you posted. You are only performing a step in the process of manufacturing a firearm. Now if you build a pistol from a frame you would need to mark the gun with your information.

Valkyriearms
10-12-2010, 3:27 PM
The FET would be the same as what I mentioned earlier about installing mag locks. If this is the case then every gun that has had mag locks or any other mods done to them should have charged FET. The FET has already been paid on the gun. I believe (I could be wrong) FET comes into play during the process of manufacturing a firearm. The gunsmith part comes into play when you take a frame/receiver and build it up. If you had to pay FET every time a company touched a gun it would cost a lot more money. An example would be a AR style rifle. You put the lower parts kit and an upper on it. John puts a gas block and rail on it. Mark puts a FH and stock on it. I put sights on it. Are we all going to pay FET?

Tim

Astig Boy
10-12-2010, 4:21 PM
Can you guys accept unmodified pistols, like an AR pistol, and do the modifications at your company?

Table Rock Arms
10-12-2010, 4:48 PM
What your saying makes perfect sense, but when it comes to gun laws and tax very little makes sense. From what I can gather, the key with excise tax and gunsmithing is when and for what purpose the gunsmithing was done. According to TTB if a customer brings the gun in and you make the changes for him then no tax. If you buy the gun and make the changes before you sell it then you are supposed to pay tax. I am trying to get some feedback from TTB as I don't want to get in trouble for not paying the tax if I am supposed to. Looks like paying thed tax twice on the same item does happen, and there is a way around that, but it would never happen because the original manufacturer would have to be involved.

The FET would be the same as what I mentioned earlier about installing mag locks. If this is the case then every gun that has had mag locks or any other mods done to them should have charged FET. The FET has already been paid on the gun. I believe (I could be wrong) FET comes into play during the process of manufacturing a firearm. The gunsmith part comes into play when you take a frame/receiver and build it up. If you had to pay FET every time a company touched a gun it would cost a lot more money. An example would be a AR style rifle. You put the lower parts kit and an upper on it. John puts a gas block and rail on it. Mark puts a FH and stock on it. I put sights on it. Are we all going to pay FET?

Tim

Valkyriearms
10-12-2010, 5:28 PM
Always good to CYA. I was told we didn't have to if the gun stayed a pistol or whatever it started as. I'm curious if you hear differently.

Tim

Peter W Bush
10-12-2010, 5:49 PM

Thanks
Tim

Ok, I'm VERY interested in getting a specific P7 into this state.. How long would it take and how much would you charge?

Table Rock Arms
10-12-2010, 6:06 PM
I'll let you know what I find out.

Always good to CYA. I was told we didn't have to if the gun stayed a pistol or whatever it started as. I'm curious if you hear differently.

Tim

Cyc Wid It
10-12-2010, 11:46 PM
My off-roster beauty is home now. Details of the whole process can be found here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352054

Thanks again Tim/Valkyrie Arms.

Valkyriearms
10-13-2010, 1:23 PM
Can you guys accept unmodified pistols, like an AR pistol, and do the modifications at your company?

If it comes in assembled it needs to have a mag lock on it, as I do not have an AW license. I can except any non rostered gun as long as it's not an AW and we will do the mods in house.

Tim

Valkyriearms
10-13-2010, 1:25 PM
Ok, I'm VERY interested in getting a specific P7 into this state.. How long would it take and how much would you charge?

Let me get one in to the shop to play with and I can let you know. It's gonna be about a month or so before I get started on this.

Tim

BostonFan
10-13-2010, 1:32 PM
So what do you need to be able to order a caspian 1911 frame? Lol

Ishoot
10-13-2010, 1:35 PM
I'm planning on stopping by this weekend from all these good reviews. Any SCARs or ACRs left to help with that particular decision? :)

Astig Boy
10-13-2010, 1:59 PM
If it comes in assembled it needs to have a mag lock on it, as I do not have an AW license. I can except any non rostered gun as long as it's not an AW and we will do the mods in house.

Tim

Ahh I C. Cool, thanks Tim!

GW
10-13-2010, 9:31 PM
EAA Witness in 10mm
please
You have 30 days from tonight ...:thumbsup::D

sardaukar
10-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh sweet. I work right by Cisco. Might have to drop inone of these days after work.

SJgunguy24
10-14-2010, 1:02 AM
I'm planning on stopping by this weekend from all these good reviews. Any SCARs or ACRs left to help with that particular decision? :)

Yes and yes.

Valkyriearms
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
So what do you need to be able to order a caspian 1911 frame? Lol

I have the parts coming in to do this. You would just need to let me know which frame you want. We'll build it as a single shot pistol for DROS purposes and then we could strip it down to the frame if you don't like the kit we put in it.

Thanks
Tim

lehn20
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Nice. I want a Caspian frame also:)

Probably the "Recon"

Valkyriearms
10-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Nice. I want a Caspian frame also:)

Probably the "Recon"

No problem. As soon as the parts get here we can get some frames comin.

Tim

sardaukar
10-15-2010, 1:17 AM
Ruger LCP in the future, maybe?

savs2k
10-15-2010, 1:47 AM
i want a 9mm caspian recon frame!

Backinblack1234
10-15-2010, 2:42 PM
Off Roster stuff yes!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys get that AW Permit. I need to check the store out. :)

plan-b
10-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Off Roster stuff yes!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys get that AW Permit. I need to check the store out. :)

Haha, there's a lot of us hoping they can get an AW permit. It'd make it a lot easier for them to Californicate fun toys for us.

sirnonz
10-16-2010, 1:03 AM
how much is the scar 16 going for?

kozumasbullitt
10-16-2010, 12:46 PM
What model scars do you have in stock, how is the stock modified ie pin or block and what are you asking for them? Please pm me if you don't want to post the info here.

sirnonz
10-16-2010, 12:50 PM
i believe it is pinned and maglocked.

kozumasbullitt
10-16-2010, 1:28 PM
i believe it is pinned and maglocked.

Color and price?

Valkyriearms
10-16-2010, 5:45 PM
The only SCAR we have in stock is the 17. It is Black and goes for $2800.
I can order out the SCAR 16's in either Black or FDE. They are $2600. The stocks have a block in them so they can not fold.

Thanks
Tim

GW
10-16-2010, 8:45 PM
Witness
10MM
I swear I'll buy it!!

sirnonz
10-16-2010, 9:54 PM
when do you guys expect the XDM to be "drosable"

broknknuckles
10-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Just picked up my Calguns lower tonight. Hung out for about an hour and chopped it up with Tim, Javier, and Mike (the AK guy), didn't get a chance to get the other guys name...but he was cool too. These guys are top notch. Tim and Javier are very cool and Mike showed me a saiga he just finished and a couple of his ak builds.:43: He also took the time to explain the designs and workings of the gas piston vs. direct impingement ar systems. I'm glad I found this place. They got some serious toys, I need to get some overtime in to have some serious fun at Valkyrie Arms. If you haven't checked them out yet, it's definitely worth a trip. No other shops around carry what they have, and from the looks of their workshop---they look equipped to handle whatever you need. I think I'll be coming back for my next one....so many choices......Thanks guys. Everybody on Calguns......Spread the word about the best shop in the Bay Area---- VALKYRIE ARMS in Milpitas.

Frosty
10-17-2010, 3:57 PM
Everybody on Calguns......Spread the word about the best shop in the Bay Area---- VALKYRIE ARMS in Milpitas.

:thumbsup::iagree:
+1

Stormtrooperthunder
10-18-2010, 4:20 PM
these are great guys. did a PTP on Sunday and it was super quick. Going to try to get a pistol from them this Wednesday :43:

subrosa
10-18-2010, 4:28 PM
They are ordering me a nice little Glock 26 :D

These are the best guys to do business with period.

Jason_2111
10-20-2010, 5:03 PM
:thumbsup::iagree:
+1

+1 from me too!

Peter W Bush
10-20-2010, 8:47 PM
Let me get one in to the shop to play with and I can let you know. It's gonna be about a month or so before I get started on this.

Tim

A month? But I'm angry now! (jk). Seriously though, theres one I have my eye one. Keep me posted. Thanks.

kahai808
10-20-2010, 9:43 PM
damn to bad im in SD

Colt-45
10-20-2010, 9:51 PM
Damn, that Hk45 with fake can shoulda been mine. Went with the G21sf with picatinny rail instead since they have been discontinued. Drosed mine first thing Sunday morning. I'll have pics at the end of the month.

Whose ever Hk45 that was is a one lucky man. :D

atran8400
10-20-2010, 9:54 PM
Just had to add a another positive comment for Valkyrie Arms. Did my first PPT there today, and I have got to say it was a great experience. Tim and his guys provide a great environment for all your firearms needs. If you haven't already, check them out! As everyone else here has been saying, they have an impressive array of off-roster guns, and you won't find any place friendlier than Valkyrie Arms. Thanks again Tim! Looking forward to doing business at your shop again soon.

Stormtrooperthunder
10-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Just bought a RIA Tactical from them. Super nice guys. :thumbsup:

SJgunguy24
10-21-2010, 8:29 AM
A month? But I'm angry now! (jk). Seriously though, theres one I have my eye one. Keep me posted. Thanks.

Would like the loudener with that Homer?

immaculate
10-21-2010, 3:28 PM
called Tim and ordered a couple blocked-to-10-round XDM 9mm mags - sounds like a great shop and I'm looking forward to visiting. Pricing was very reasonable for mags + perma-blocking - thanks for that! Will post pics & impressions of mags once I receive them.

Wanted to follow up on my post re: the blocked 10-rounders I ordered from Tim - the customer service @ Valkyrie is fantastic. Everyone i've had the pleasure of talking with there has been friendly and helpful (i'm REALLY picky about good customer service). If all gun shops ran their businesses this way, well wait...the universe would probably implode because we would no longer be able to complain about horrific service at a LGS :D

Tim procured and blocked a XDM 9mm mag for me - it is blocked in such a way that all 10 rounds go in easily and there is NO way an 11th will fit. However, there is still enough slack at full capacity so that inserting the mag on a closed chamber isn't a bear. I like that.

Photo as promised below. Thanks very much Tim for providing me with the mag so I can shoot this toy again - looking forward to visiting your shop soon!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1096/5103482236_c74f730ab0_z.jpg

dwtt
10-21-2010, 5:42 PM

Thanks
Tim

Soo, how many people who have been crying for the HK45 actually ordered? Those things aren't cheap.

What other handguns can you handle? What's in the plan for the near future?

SJgunguy24
10-22-2010, 1:22 AM
Soo, how many people who have been crying for the HK45 actually ordered? Those things aren't cheap.
AFAIK the 1, but you want it, you got it.

What other handguns can you handle? What's in the plan for the near future?

Tell us what you want and we'll make it happen. It might take a little time to get the single shot worked out, but where there's a will, there's a way.

lehn20
10-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Did I read correctly that you have a scar in 308?

Valkyriearms
10-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Black SCAR17 sitting in the safe.

Thanks
Tim

Peter W Bush
10-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Would like the loudener with that Homer?

Sure.. It's included, right? I dont need the attachment to shoot down helicopters though... yet...