PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Bridge or Wireless Access Point

zman
08-16-2010, 1:32 PM
I have Verizon Hi-Speed as my provider. Right now, I have Verizon's modem connected to a D-Link wireless router in my hobby room. I recently purchased a new Samsung 3D LED tv and a new Samsung 3D blu-ray player. Both of these units are "internet ready" via LAN cable port or proprietary Samsung USB dongle. I want to go the LAN route but I do not want to run a cable to the new tv's location. Do I need a wireless bridge or a wireless access point. Can you recommend a brand or model?

Modem>>>D-Link.....wireless......Bridge/AP>>>TV

TonyM
08-16-2010, 2:27 PM
I have Verizon Hi-Speed as my provider. Right now, I have Verizon's modem connected to a D-Link wireless router in my hobby room. I recently purchased a new Samsung 3D LED tv and a new Samsung 3D blu-ray player. Both of these units are "internet ready" via LAN cable port or proprietary Samsung USB dongle. I want to go the LAN route but I do not want to run a cable to the new tv's location. Do I need a wireless bridge or a wireless access point. Can you recommend a brand or model?

Modem>>>D-Link.....wireless......Bridge/AP>>>TV

I've used a couple bridges in the past to talk to my router. works fine if you get signal in your locations.

I've got one of these as a spare since I ran some CAT6 in like new condition I'll sell you for $40 D-Link DAP1522 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127256)

zman
08-16-2010, 3:05 PM
I've used a couple bridges in the past to talk to my router. works fine if you get signal in your locations.

There is excellent signal in the proposed tv location. So you have used this in a scenario like mine?

I've got one of these as a spare since I ran some CAT6 in like new condition I'll sell you for $40 D-Link DAP1522 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127256)

That seems like a nice one. How old is it, is it complete w/ manuals, and is the price shipped to 92562? :)

Ricky-Ray
08-16-2010, 3:53 PM
You would need a wireless bridge. Stick with Linksys, Netgear or D-Link and you should be good to go.

zman
08-16-2010, 4:04 PM
A wireless bridge it is! Thank you both :)

PM sent to TonyM :Ivan: