PDA

View Full Version : new AR/AK memo...

bwiese
05-03-2006, 8:49 AM
Hi folks...

I've created a new document that is somewhat different than the FAQ and goes into way less Harrott etc detail and does not deal with when registration occurs or not. Just mostly deals w/trigger conditions for assault weapons status.

http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf

It's titled as a guide for public defenders, etc but it might be a good carryalong material for fixed mag off-list rifles. It includes several copies of DOJ letters and also deals with contstructive possession.

[If you're a dialup modem user, it may take a tad of time to download: this file is a .PDF that's about a megabyte in size.]

Firehawk3
05-03-2006, 9:06 AM
now thats goood. =)

JWC6
05-03-2006, 9:15 AM
Thank you Bill!

Stanze
05-03-2006, 9:17 AM
Good source of information! Thanks.

Jicko
05-03-2006, 9:46 AM
Will someone try to send this memo to all the PD within CA?

Fjold
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks Bill, I just hit "File" and "Print". It's going in my shooting box.

bodyarmorguy27
05-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Nice job, Bill. It's so easy to understand that even an idiot like me can understand it. :cool:

DrMUR
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Very well written and professionally formatted. You even have sources listed per page. Superb job! Personally, I found the letter on pages 10-12 to be the most helpful -- not many people are very helpful in the gray area that is the construction of an assault weapon.

Also, did you intentionally leave Michel's address in the letter, or did you overlook that detail?

SFV_Dealer
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Loved it ! To the point and no misinterpretations. Will this go out to all the DA/LEO agencies ???

CACitUP
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi folks...

I've created a new document that is somewhat different than the FAQ and goes into way less Harrott etc detail and does not deal with when registration occurs or not. Just mostly deals w/trigger conditions for assault weapons status.

http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf

It's titled as a guide for public defenders, etc but it might be a good carryalong material for fixed mag off-list rifles. It includes several copies of DOJ letters and also deals with contstructive possession.

[If you're a dialup modem user, it may take a tad of time to download: this file is a .PDF that's about a megabyte in size.]

Excellent document.......

BTW.....There are only 30 days in April :)

bwiese
05-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Excellent document.......
BTW.....There are only 30 days in April :)

Oops. Will revise shortly. This was a 1st cut but I wanted to get it up.

Also, did you intentionally leave Michel's address in the letter, or did you overlook that detail?

This Chuck Michel letter is publicly posted on the net in several spots (Robinson Arms, calgunlaws, etc.) - without redactions. So I am just continuing the trend.

Other folks' DOJ letters have name/address of course blacked out to protect their individual identity for privacy and security reasons.

Guns R Tools
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Gotta print this out for my lowers on outings.

MaxQ
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Excellent job, yet again! Thanks for your hard work.

DRM6000
05-03-2006, 1:13 PM
Great job! Thanks for doing this. :)

DrMUR
05-03-2006, 1:28 PM
This Chuck Michel letter is publicly posted on the net in several spots (Robinson Arms, calgunlaws, etc.) - without redactions. So I am just continuing the trend.
Ah, I wasn't aware. I was only curious for the reasons you mentioned -- privacy and security. If it's already public information, no worries.

xenophobe
05-03-2006, 1:39 PM
Great document!

Colt AR-15 does not show in your 979.11/11276 list

Boondocksaint
05-03-2006, 1:40 PM
I can finally EXPLAIN to people everything that's been bouncing around my head for the last few months.

Thanks Bill!

bwiese
05-03-2006, 1:44 PM
Great document!
Colt AR-15 does not show in your 979.11/11276 list

Thanks.

The Colt AR15 is in the first 979.10 Roberti-Roos list. It was originally banned by name and is the series "exemplar".

The Kasler list (979.11) is additional "identified series members".

These lists were pulled directly from the CCR (Westlaw, via OAL) and I don't think I lost anything from reformatting. Will doublecheck tonite.

From a future practicality standpoint, the two lists (Roberti-Roos and Kasler) should be merged so two separate lists don't need to be consulted. It's make and model, irrelevant which list it actually shows up in.

xenophobe
05-03-2006, 2:01 PM
From a future practicality standpoint, the two lists (Roberti-Roos and Kasler) should be merged so two separate lists don't need to be consulted. It's make and model, irrelevant which list it actually shows up in.

I agree that it should be merged, however, you might want to seperate AK/AR/Others... into three lists.