PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new job (Gunsmithing, Metal work, hvy equip)

Rust
08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm looking to change jobs. I currently work as a drilling equipment operator and have been thinking I would like to get out of the field. Rents to high in SF to spend my time living in a motel in BFE and I'm generally tired of a life on the road. I'm thinking I would like to get back into metal working (ideally at a shop that was pro gun), Gunsmithing if someone in the nearby area needs another set of hands, or take work as an equipment operator in SF or the immediate area.
I studied Gunsmithing in Trinidad CO
Manual machining in Trinidad and Eureka CA (lathe, mill, surface grinder etc.)
Have some experience with a wide range of other crafts such as basic welding, blacksmithing, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, carpentry etc.

Also have been through numerous safety programs such as
OSHA 10hr, HAZWOPER 40/8 hr, first aid/cpr, Radiation worker 2, hoisting and rigging, BATC, API, MSHA, and more.

Clean class C drivers record with DOT green card and looking into getting my A

TWIC Card and have passed back ground checks for numerous GOV and MIL work sites.

If you have anything you think might interest me please let me know.

Rust
08-19-2010, 8:48 PM
Still looking

nagorb
08-19-2010, 9:15 PM
Saw this on craigslist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mnu/1902702254.html

NSR500
08-27-2010, 5:47 PM
Come to Texas: www.rigzone.com

Get on a 28/28 and travel back and forth if you still want to be in California.

Rust
08-28-2010, 9:07 PM
I've thought about it, doing the long runs like that, but the travel/odd hrs is what I'm sick of now. One of my friends is on a gas rig in So-Cal right now doing 7-7 which sounds ok but its still the same sort of thing. Hoping to find something more along a normal 40-50hr schedule where I can be home every night. Had a good run drilling but just think I would like to be done with life on the road.

Rust
09-04-2010, 4:50 PM
up.

Rust
10-05-2010, 8:17 PM
Run this back up for a bit