PDA

View Full Version : Reporting out of state C&R handgun acquisitions

Gunhacker
05-03-2006, 1:15 AM
I've asked this question of the DOJ via their "contact us" link on their website as well as sending them a letter, and I have yet to get any answers from them. In fact it's been a very disappointing experience asking them for info and clarification regarding the specific CA statues a C&R FFL's needs to be in compliance with while conducting the activities allowed by their C&R FFL.

The requirement that within five days of a licensed collector transporting a firearm into CA, that he or she shall report to the DOJ in a format prescribed by the department his or her acquisition of that firearm... what exactly is the "format prescribed" that we are supposed to use to make the report?

Is it the DOJ "Firearms Ownership Record" ?

Mssr. Eleganté
05-03-2006, 5:29 AM
The form you want is Form FD 4100A, CURIO OR RELIC HANDGUN REPORT. Just call CalDOJ at (916) 263-4887 and ask for a copy. They will only mail you one form, so you'll need to make copies.

I made a PDF version of the form that you can download here...

http://www.streamload.com/Amendment_II/FD4100A.pdf

And here are the instructions that are normally on the back of the form...

Form Completion Instructions

The completed form(s) must be returned with $19.00 processing fee for each handgun reported (e.g., 3 handguns x $19 = $57). Payment must be made by check or money orde payable to the Department of Justice. Mail completed form and fees to:

Department of Justice
Firearms Division - C&R
P.O. Box 820200
Sacramento, CA 94203-0200

If you have questions regarding this reporting requirement, direct questions to (916) 263-4887 or visit the Firearms Division web site at www.ag.ca.gov/firearms.

footdoc
05-03-2006, 8:58 AM
Thank you very much! I was looking for the same information.

Gunhacker
05-04-2006, 9:29 PM
The form you want is Form FD 4100A, CURIO OR RELIC HANDGUN REPORT. Just call CalDOJ at (916) 263-4887 and ask for a copy. They will only mail you one form, so you'll need to make copies.

I made a PDF version of the form that you can download here...

http://www.streamload.com/Amendment_II/FD4100A.pdf

And here are the instructions that are normally on the back of the form...

Thanks much for making the PDF of the form available. The DOJ website has no reference to that form name or number, and it is not even listed in their "Forms & Publications" section.

The DOJ hardly acknowledge C&R's on their website, and that's total B.S. that the instructions should refer people to there if they have questions regarding the reporting requirement. :mad: