PDA

View Full Version : Free NRA membership

Greg F.
08-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Not sure this is the right foum section or not for this, so please move it if it isn't. The NRA is giving away basic 1yr. memberships for free or full memberships for $25. Check out www.nrahq.org/nrabonus to sign up, takes less than 5 minutes.

NaughtyMonkey
08-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Of coarse after I mail them a check a week ago. Uhhhg you posted this to late lol.

Greg F.
08-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Sorry about that, I just found out about it.

safewaysecurity
08-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Is this legit? Because it's not the official NRA site. I would like to sign up but I'm a bit scared. Can you confirm its legitimacy somehow?

ir0nclash86
08-15-2010, 11:42 PM
What! Its for freeeee you say! I'm in.

D_fens
08-15-2010, 11:49 PM
dupe, but a good one. it's how I got my first year. it's legitimate, and I have the card to prove it.

SubieRX
08-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Not sure if the site is legitimate, but the deal sure is. I just got the same letter in the mail and I signed up. First year NRA member... :D

NaughtyMonkey
08-16-2010, 1:46 AM
Sorry about that, I just found out about it.

Aint your fault lol.

Bad luck I suppose.

aquaek4i
08-16-2010, 5:01 AM
Thanks OP, I just sign up and it took a minute at most. Hopefully it works, going let family and friends know. Also theres no confirmation after signing up? How long before you receive the member card and newsletter?

packnrat
08-16-2010, 7:55 AM
sign up now and get two years of junk mail asking for more money. and the nra will sell your name and address for money just so you can get even more junk mail...and do not forget the phone calls, i have been getting 4 or five a day five days a week from the nra wanting money from me.

like i have any to spare.

offrdmania
08-16-2010, 8:02 AM
Dupe, I posted it 2 weeks ago. Plus, you get your $25 back on this one

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=329675

Nodda Duma
08-16-2010, 8:30 AM
packnrat just call membership services and ask to be removed from their call and mailing lists. I don't get anything from them or third party vendors.

-Jason

mif_slim
08-16-2010, 9:50 AM
sign up now and get two years of junk mail asking for more money. and the nra will sell your name and address for money just so you can get even more junk mail...and do not forget the phone calls, i have been getting 4 or five a day five days a week from the nra wanting money from me.

Actually I did this long time ago...still dont have junk mail... I guess they keep mixing my mail at USPS, but I got lucky because I got my membership card. ;)

nbkvig2
08-16-2010, 9:52 AM
lol...i too just paid for membrship, but I got a discount+free rosewood utility knife or something. But yeah, the free membership would've been great had I seen this a week ago.

xrMike
08-16-2010, 10:09 AM

.You can go online, sign into your account, and there's a way to stop them from sending you any more junk mail and calling you. I did it, and I don't hear from them at all anymore.

---------------------------

As for free (or reduced) NRA memberships, IMO you should JUST PAY YOUR MONEY LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. If you can't afford $35 a year towards the country's premier 2A organization, you can't afford this hobby at all. With your free membership you are just dead weight/overhead, and you've done nothing to help the cause.

jstotts
08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
@xrMike while I agree that paying the money to help the cause is preferable, the more heads (voters) they can count in their ranks, the more influential they are as a lobbying group. That's just how politics works.

norcal.xd
08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
just filled it out......i feel a little more American some how.... lol