PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Samsung Omia II

nbkvig2
08-15-2010, 8:26 AM
Hey guys, my mom just came back from China this week and she brought back a used Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000U and the setting is in chinese. I am either really blind or the phone does not have a language selection menu (which I doubt). I can read most of the chinese words. I looked on google to search this already and went to settings and all that stuff but I just could not find language selection! Does anyone have this phone? If so, could someone perhaps shed some light as to exactly how to do this? I think the phone is already unlocked because I just put in my t-mobile sim card and it worked right on the spot. Last resort would be to take it into some shop and see if they can help me out or upload a english firmware or something. Thanks in advance guys!

Huan

JDay
08-15-2010, 8:33 PM
Here's the manual, I do not see a language selection option.

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=2635925&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=SCH-I920&VPath=UM/200912/20091203041830343/VZW_SCH_I920_Omnia_II_Eng_QRG.pdf

nbkvig2
08-16-2010, 8:49 AM
thanks J, I will definitely take a look at the manuals. But yea I find it weird that it doesn't have a language setting. I searched up the Omnia II i900 model and some say you can change the location in the setting area, which I already did to (english, United States) which does not do anything even after I reboot the phone. Im out of ideas, this phone is running Windows Mobile 6.5 or w.e. Does anyone know if these smart phones are able to change to different language firmware or platforms? I mean am I able to get it switched into english at all?

Huan

Look Wat I kAn DO !
08-16-2010, 8:34 PM
it should be running winmo 6.5. You might have to change the rom. check out ppcgeeks and xda developers

nbkvig2
08-16-2010, 9:25 PM
it should be running winmo 6.5. You might have to change the rom. check out ppcgeeks and xda developers

thanks! yeah that's what is is running. changing the rom or what not is the answer im looking for. This is my first smart phone, I have no experience with any of that, in fact I don't even think I have the usb cable because it is a used phone my mom brought back. Ill check out the forums and the local shops to see if they can be of any help. I am clueless when it comes to stuff like this.

Huan