PDA

View Full Version : Giving Pistol as Gift

JPN6336
05-02-2006, 2:34 PM
I've introduced my girlfriend to shooting and she enjoys it. I want to get her a pistol for her 21st birthday since she can't legally own it before then anyway. How do you buy a gun as a gift. Do I buy it myself first and then give it to her and do a PPT later? I know if we were married it would be an easy matter of one form and $19 to the DOJ but we're not quite at that point yet.

kennisonxgs
05-02-2006, 2:44 PM
I GUESS the best and cheapest way is to bring her with you and she fills out the paperwork while you pay. Also, that allows her to choose the pistol that she would like.

Jeff Rambo
05-02-2006, 2:56 PM
I've introduced my girlfriend to shooting and she enjoys it. I want to get her a pistol for her 21st birthday since she can't legally own it before then anyway. How do you buy a gun as a gift. Do I buy it myself first and then give it to her and do a PPT later? I know if we were married it would be an easy matter of one form and $19 to the DOJ but we're not quite at that point yet.

Just as an FYI- she can legally own a handgun prior to her 21st birthday. In the State of California, anyone between 18-20yrs old can legally be transferred a handgun by their parent, grand parent, legal guardian, or legal spouse. Just as an FYI.

The easiest way is to just simply bring her with you to a gun store or purchase a gift certificate at a gun store for her. Otherwise, buying it yourself and a PPT will then take care of it... but then you are looking at a 20 day wait for it to get to her versus a 10 day wait.

JPN6336
05-02-2006, 3:01 PM
That's what I thought. Waiting til her 21st birthday and not taking her to fill out the paperwork are somewhat based on the same principle. She wants a Sig P226 w/ Crimson Trace grips. I need til her birthday to save up and if she knew, she wouldn't let me spend the money. So I need the time and I need to surprise her. Thanks for your help.

Kruzr
05-02-2006, 3:11 PM
She will also need an HSC.

JPN6336
05-02-2006, 3:13 PM
She will also need an HSC.
I'd forgotten about that....

harley66
05-02-2006, 5:19 PM
That's what I thought. Waiting til her 21st birthday and not taking her to fill out the paperwork are somewhat based on the same principle. She wants a Sig P226 w/ Crimson Trace grips. I need til her birthday to save up and if she knew, she wouldn't let me spend the money. So I need the time and I need to surprise her. Thanks for your help.

She wouldn't LET you spend the money???? If this is True and you are not just kidding - Think REAL Hard before you marry her ---- Do you want to go through life hiding your own pocket money???

BTW - nice present...

ohsmily
05-02-2006, 5:30 PM
She wouldn't LET you spend the money???? If this is True and you are not just kidding - Think REAL Hard before you marry her ---- Do you want to go through life hiding your own pocket money???

BTW - nice present...

Uh, dude, I think he means that she wouldn't let him buy her such an extravagant gift, not that she would be shrill and scream at him telling him not to spend his money....lighten up.

JPN6336
05-02-2006, 5:41 PM
Uh, dude, I think he means that she wouldn't let him buy her such an extravagant gift, not that she would be shrill and scream at him telling him not to spend his money....lighten up.
Exactly, she has trouble with me spending money on her. Something she'll have to get over I guess.

xLusi0n
05-02-2006, 8:08 PM
The important question everyone seems to be missing: is she hot?

saki302
05-02-2006, 8:58 PM
If you're married, why even bother doing the $19 transfer- thay're really all yours anyways ;)

-Dave

JPN6336
05-02-2006, 9:53 PM
The important question everyone seems to be missing: is she hot?
Yep:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/USMCJPN/MarySeniorPicture.jpg

:D :cool: