PDA

View Full Version : Seen the new CRPA CCW Sitckers?

kperry
08-14-2010, 7:46 AM
I got the new CRPA CCW stickers in the mail yesterday evening...
http://kevinperry.net/images/CRPA_Sticker.jpg
While I applaud the effort, and the cause - could they at least find some stock images that are newer than fifteen/twenty years old? I'm going to email them and volunteer some graphic design assistance.
Am I totally off base here?

Edit - D@#it - maybe I shouldn't volunteer - can a mod please correct my typo in the thread title? >oO<

Blademan21
08-14-2010, 9:15 AM
Please don't look at my comment as thread crapping, but I myself, would not post a sticker like this anywhere. The bad guy not knowing if you are armed is in your favor. Be safe.

POLICESTATE
08-14-2010, 9:18 AM
I got the new CRPA CCW stickers in the mail yesterday evening...
http://kevinperry.net/images/CRPA_Sticker.jpg
While I applaud the effort, and the cause - could they at least find some stock images that are newer than fifteen/twenty years old? I'm going to email them and volunteer some graphic design assistance.
Am I totally off base here?

Edit - D@#it - maybe I shouldn't volunteer - can a mod please correct my typo in the thread title? >oO<

I don't think you're off base, it doesn't help our cause if we look outdated. Outdated often = out of touch with the 5 second attention spans of the younger generations :rolleyes:

Shotgun Man
08-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Is the image as blurry as in your post? If so, it looks really lo-qual.

I can't even make out what they're wearing so as to make a sartorial judgement.

kperry
08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
It's fairly blurry and pretty small. About 1" x 1 1/2".
Policestate said it well - "Outdated often = out of touch" was my thinking.

Shotgun Man
08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
It's fairly blurry and pretty small. About 1" x 1 1/2".
Policestate said it well - "Outdated often = out of touch" was my thinking.

Very sad. Those stickers are probably counterproductive.

Cyc Wid It
08-14-2010, 11:56 AM
As far as stock photos go, that was one of the worst ones I've ever seen. It's worse than any late night infomercial even.

PORCH
08-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I had the same thoughts as the OP when I got them in the mail.

Alaric
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Mine went straight into the trash when I got them.

What a sad waste of money. CRPA is really in dire need of reform.

berto
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
What am I supposed to do with the stickers? I don't have a stickerbook so what's the point? Am I supposed to deface random property? Waste of resources.

otteray
08-14-2010, 1:33 PM
They look just a liiittle bit toooo gleeful and happy faced. Kinda looks like a photo of an acting class; maybe took took "happy pills" or sumptin' like that?

I saw a pic that would have been much better, made simply of several rows of smilie faces.
:):):);):):)

Shotgun Man
08-14-2010, 1:37 PM
They look just a liiittle bit toooo gleeful and :) faced. Kinda looks like a photo of an acting class; maybe took took "happy pills" or sumptin' like that?

Yeah, I'm gonna have bad dreams about that photo tonight.

-hanko
08-14-2010, 1:50 PM
It's a stock photo from an old Halcion ad. :sleeping:

-hanko

Bill Carson
08-14-2010, 6:20 PM
Please don't look at my comment as thread crapping, but I myself, would not post a sticker like this anywhere. The bad guy not knowing if you are armed is in your favor. Be safe.

AMEN