PDA

View Full Version : Time out for a good laugh . . . . .

tcrpe
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/2amend.htm

fairfaxjim
05-02-2006, 1:44 PM
His statements are troubling. So if we all vote in california to discriminate against blacks it's ok because we don't have to reconize the US constitution? Makes no sense at all. How does the US constitution not superseed any state laws? Lawyers will be the down fall to the US. They manipulate words to mean what ever they want and get stupid people to belive them.

This lawyer problem is not new. In William Shakespeare's "King Henry VI, Part 2," Jack Cade's fellow rebel Dick exults, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." Dick has been quoted and misquoted on that subject ever since, but many have felt the same urge!

adamsreeftank
05-02-2006, 1:56 PM
Hey, wait a minute. He's on our side!!!

"...I am personally convinced that the Second Amendment was indeed intended to provide some measure of entitlement for individuals to own firearms.."

Oh, wait. No he's not.

"...As a legislator, I supported reasonable measures to regulate firearms over the years..."

Politicians...

hoffmang
05-02-2006, 2:01 PM
For anyone curious, the legal question is whether the 14th amendment incorporated the 2nd amendment against the states.

Now this is all assuming we finally get a sane SCOTUS case.

The point of my posting here is that even if Cato wins in Washington D.C. and gets and appeals or SCOTUS ruling that the 2nd amendment applies to most everyone and may only be limited in which guns it applies to, there will still need to be test cases in the states to show that the 2nd amendment was incorporated in the 14th. There exists plenty of 14th amendment era legislative history that much of the point of the 14th was to allow recently freed slaves to be armed, but those points have been ignored when certain courts try to twist the meaning of 2A.

Smokeybehr
05-02-2006, 7:21 PM
If you want to change things, vote the bastards out.

Vote for Poochigian for AG, McClintock for LG, and re-elect Ahhhnold for Governator. If they have a (D) next to their name, they are not your friend.

ohsmily
05-02-2006, 7:29 PM
If you want to change things, vote the bastards out.

Vote for Poochigian for AG, McClintock for LG, and re-elect Ahhhnold for Governator. If they have a (D) next to their name, they are not your friend.

"Ahhhnold" hasn't been a friend to gun owners. However, I do agree with you that he is a better alternative to someone with a "(D)" following their name.

Smokeybehr
05-02-2006, 7:33 PM
"Ahhhnold" hasn't been a friend to gun owners. However, I do agree with you that he is a better alternative to someone with a "(D)" following their name.

Yeah, but he's a whole lot better than either Wesley or Angelides. Either of those 2 in office, and the state goes to hell in a handbasket.

five.five-six
05-02-2006, 11:04 PM
1) The Second Amendment limits only the powers of the federal government, not those of the states;

I wonder if th same holds true defacto or the first ammendment or hell all of them for that matter

kantstudien
05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, but he's a whole lot better than either Wesley or Angelides.

But Angelides' daughters are smokin' hot! :eek:

adamsreeftank
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but he's a whole lot better than either Wesley or Angelides. Either of those 2 in office, and the state goes to hell in a handbasket.

A gun banner is a gun banner. I think it's worse to be a hypocrite that made a fortune shooting guns and blowing stuff up in movies, and then bans them for the unwashed masses.

Apeman88
05-02-2006, 11:58 PM
What you all don't get is that the AG is saying "We the People" (the freakin first few words of the constitution) refers to the government, state and other authorities... the constitution is not written for the "people", the citizens of the United States... it is written for the "people" in power. :eek:

Ken

accordingtoome
05-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Why could they not have wrote it a little more clear like this.

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed in any way in peacetime or in war. " :D