PDA

View Full Version : Help!...Magpul warranty

Caiden07
08-13-2010, 10:54 PM
So I bought a MBUS from a fellow Calgunner and I got it today from UPS. I opened the package and inspected it and notice the pin that hold the top release hood was sticking out, the pin is very loose that you could just push it with your finger. I'm thinking that if I put this on my rifle and try to shoot it and it will pop out and fall. I PM the guy about the problem and he said he bought the sight a week prior and never noticed any problems. He offer me a refund minus the shipping cost or suggested that I can send to Magpul warranty department myself and sales receipt not needed. So I'm asking anybody have the same experience on the MBUS and how easy it is to deal with the Magpul warranty without sales receipt.

Here is the pictures:
http://img529.imageshack.us/i/12369236.jpg/
http://img265.imageshack.us/i/46062546.jpg/
http://img33.imageshack.us/i/70255127.jpg/

joelogic
08-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Didnt notice anything weird with my MBUS. But I can speak for their warranty. It may take them a while but they are no bs. I separated one of the glock speed rings and they replaced the whole pack (qty 3). The only thing the guy asked me was, "How the heck did you break that?" Their auto-reply says they prioritize .mil, LEO, and commercial emails first but at least they took care of me.

Caiden07
09-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Ok I decided to shipped the sight to Magpul and I got a call from the warranty Department and according to there findings that not only the sight is defective but it's also a genuine counterfeit . Magpul states that it's the first of its kind counterfeits that they see so they want info on where did I get it from. Now it makes me think how could your really tell if your buying a real one or just counterfeit?

AlliedArmory
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Ouch. Find out where the person you bought it from bought it.

Woo
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Ouch. Find out where the person you bought it from bought it.

I am the one who sold this to Caiden07 and I can say that the guy who sold it to me pulled it out of (what looked to be) a genuine magpul box. Put it on the gun, took it off the gun same day without firing. This has gone from a simple forum transaction, to super-scandal in the past few weeks. Also, when I bought the sight, the guy never mentioned anything about it being a counterfeit, which makes me wonder if he knew, or was oblivious like us.

Takes magpul to know magpul, apparently.

The XTM panels I picked up from you AA are working great....

AlliedArmory
09-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Is Magpul keeping the sight and you are SOL?

@Woo. I know for a fact those are real :) They came direct from Magpul.

Caiden07
09-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Yes Magpul is keeping it for there reference pending more investigation, sound like they are serious about it because it's so close to the real one.

jackliu239
09-02-2010, 8:45 AM
If they are keeping it, maybe you can ask them for an product sample fee

spddrcr
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
why wouldn't magpul just go to ebay or do a google search to find all the fakes, they have been out there for awhile now.here is a viedo from earlier last month:
miSwWaHoQXw
and here is a link to the people selling them on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Picatinny-Desert-MAG245-FDE/dp/B002L6JUIO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1283454260&sr=8-5

spddrcr
09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
here is a blurb of info about the seller, notice they also sell LOTS of cheap electronics.

About HPP Enterprises
HPP Enterprises is based out of St. Simons Island, GA - only one hour north of Jacksonville, FL and one hour south of Savannah, GA. We take pride in offering a large assortment of products and services with discounted prices, fast shipping, and exceptional customer service.

HPP Enterprises originally began selling video games and computer software through various dropshipping providers as an Amazon.Com Marketplace Seller with thousands of satisfied customers and recently migrated to a full, ProMerchant with Amazon.Com.

We specialize in e-commerce and operate a number of e-commerce webstores. Many of our products are shipped directly from our offices in Georgia.

For more information, contact us!
HPP Enterprises

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-02-2010, 5:05 PM
why wouldn't magpul just go to ebay or do a google search to find all the fakes, they have been out there for awhile now.here is a viedo from earlier last month:
miSwWaHoQXw
and here is a link to the people selling them on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Picatinny-Desert-MAG245-FDE/dp/B002L6JUIO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1283454260&sr=8-5

what i did notice is that my pin that the lever pivots off of is slightly counter sunk on both sides. but otherwise. it looks identical. but functions 100% unlike in video.

Woo
09-02-2010, 11:21 PM

The issue has been resolved. A big kudos to the people at Magpul-

Caiden07
09-03-2010, 7:36 AM
The issue has been resolved. A big kudos to the people at Magpul-

Thanks Woo for taking care of the problems.

J-cat
09-03-2010, 7:45 AM
So how was it resolved?