View Full Version : Public Ferry "No Weapons" policy?

08-13-2010, 7:54 PM
Just found this while doing an unrelated search. This is from Golden Gate Transit's website regarding ferry service to a concert in 2009:

Due to security restrictions, the following items are not allowed inside AT&T Park or onboard ferries: weapons or security-sensitive objects, open containers (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), alcoholic beverages, hard-sided coolers, and briefcases/diaper bags/purses/ backpacks/bags larger than 16"x16"x8". Passengers may NOT leave items unattended on the ferry. Golden Gate Ferry is not responsible for lost items. Unattended items left onboard are subject to disposal.

I didn't think a public transit agency could make rules that conflict with state law? I am not talking about the ballpark..I know that is private property. If I want to ride the ferry back and forth all day long with my CCW, isn't that my right?

08-13-2010, 8:12 PM
Is the ferry company a public agency, or is it a private business with a contract to provide a service to the public?

Weapons are prohibited on the Catalina Express... and without your own boat or taking a plane, it's the only way to the island.

A 2nd company tried to open up to compete about 8 years ago... they literally never left the dock.

08-13-2010, 9:15 PM
Golden Gate Transit is a special district...they are part of the Golden Gate Bridge District.