PDA

View Full Version : Out of state private party transfer

TonyKat
05-02-2006, 6:03 AM
Living in California can i buy a gun or a frame from a buddy in texas? He has a glock that's on the safe list and a frame to a 1911.

RRangel
05-02-2006, 6:11 AM
Yes, but it must be on the approved list, and it still must go through your local federal firearms license dealer.

TonyKat
05-02-2006, 6:25 AM
Can i just get a second address with my buddy he'd let me move in. So then i would have residency in both states. But even with that being the case would i still be restricted from bring the frame into california?

RRangel
05-02-2006, 6:51 AM
Can i just get a second address with my buddy he'd let me move in. So then i would have residency in both states. But even with that being the case would i still be restricted from bring the frame into california?

You're taking a risk because I bet you wouldn't be considered a resident. Those that move into California can import pistols not on the approved list via filing paperwork with the CA DOJ.

harley66
05-02-2006, 5:30 PM
you would first have to establish a home/address in TX, get an ID or Lic - then if you Moved back to CA - you could do the paper work for that weapon with DOJ (even if Not on the list - as long as Not an AW) Seems like a lot of work for a Glock - have him send it to a FFL here (as stated, it must be on CA's list)