PDA

View Full Version : CCW holders still 1 handgun purchase per month?

pgg
08-13-2010, 6:36 PM
Sorry my search-fu is weak, I assume this has been asked before.

Some other states' CCW holders are afforded an easier time buying guns. Just curious if CA CCW holders can buy more than one new handgun per month.

Thanks.

paul0660
08-13-2010, 6:40 PM
Nothing special about CCW in that regard.

ke6guj
08-13-2010, 6:41 PM
nope, no exemption for CA CCW holders.

12072(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person within any 30-day period.
(B) Subparagraph (A) shall not apply to any of the following:
(i) Any law enforcement agency.
(ii) Any agency duly authorized to perform law enforcement duties.
(iii) Any state or local correctional facility.
(iv) Any private security company licensed to do business in California.
(v) Any person who is properly identified as a full-time paid peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, and who is authorized to, and does carry a firearm during the course and scope of his or her employment as a peace officer.
(vi) Any motion picture, television, or video production company or entertainment or theatrical company whose production by its nature involves the use of a firearm.
(vii) Any person who may, pursuant to Section 12078, claim an exemption from the waiting period set forth in subdivision (c) of this section.
(viii) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Section 12082.
(ix) Any person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071.
(x) The exchange of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person where the dealer purchased that firearm from the person seeking the exchange within the 30-day period immediately preceding the date of exchange or replacement.
(xi) The replacement of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person when the person's pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person was lost or stolen, and the person reported that firearm lost or stolen prior to the completion of the application to purchase to any local law enforcement agency of the city, county, or city and county in which he or she resides.
(xii) The return of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person to its owner.

WeRmany
08-13-2010, 6:54 PM
The CCW doesn't change anything in Kalifornia for gun purchases.

If you're in a county that has a lot of CCWs, the FFL may know enough to take the CCW as both the handgun safety card and proof of residence. Outside those counties, expect to run out and get your car registration.

I walk into my FFLs place armed. We've done enough business that he know's I'm armed and have had a full background check including finger prints. I pay for the latest object of my affections, but still have to wait 10 days in case I'm angry. We laugh about it and move on.

Then he asks about the gun lock I'll never use but need for the Feds. Oh well. There are lots of silly ways around this as well.

Applying logic or common sense to gun laws really doesn't work at any level.

There is some satisfaction in going through the process and basically extending the middle finger to the powers that be though. Its all a matter of perspective.

Fjold
08-13-2010, 8:43 PM
You don't have to do the safe handling demonstration if you are X-41

PsychGuy274
08-14-2010, 1:23 AM
1) Get your 03FFL (Type 3, Curio & Relic, Federal Firearms License) by going here -> http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Fill out info in left and click on F 7CR
They mail the application to you, you fill it out and give them $30 and in about a month they send you the license.

2) Get your COE (Certificate of Eligibility) by going here -> www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/coeapp.pdf

Fill it out, get your finger prints done at a Live Scan station and mail it in. Total fees for application and prints runs about $75-$100.

Then you can buy as many handguns in 30 days as your bank account will allow.