PDA

View Full Version : New Chrysler Truck: Gun cabinet option, check!

Nodda Duma
08-13-2010, 1:19 PM
Actually really cool to see, even if it's a Dodge!

From FoxNews

Chrysler's Gun-Toting Pickup Truck

Published August 13, 2010

Chrysler's Ram truck division is taking direct aim at hunters with a unique feature on its new line of Outdoorsman pickup trucks - a gun closet.

Called the The Mopar RamBox Holster, its a rack that can hold two rifles or shotguns inside one of the lockable, watertight compartments located on either side of the pickup bed.

A $205 option - on top of the $1895 price of the RamBox feature itself - the rack can be rotated to hold six fishing poles for those who prefer quieter trips into the great outdoors.

The Outdoorsman starts at $28,350 and includes standard features
like scratch-resistant bumpers, puncture-resistant tires, and a towing package. Buyers can order the trimline on most Ram models, including heavy duty and long wheelbase versions.

Direct aim...quieter trips into the great outdoors...so witty, Fox News contributor!

ETA: Here's link to article so you can see pics: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/08/13/chryslers-gun-toting-pickup-truck/?test=faces

-Jason

jim293
08-13-2010, 1:22 PM
Someone told me about that. Pretty cool option.

Sheepdog1968
08-13-2010, 2:30 PM
It's nice. However, I'm a Ford man. If I'm going to own a pick-up it's an F150. I hope that all of the pick ups start to do this. It's a nice storage space for sure.

halifax
08-13-2010, 2:33 PM
It's nice. However, I'm a Ford man. If I'm going to own a pick-up it's an F150. I hope that all of the pick ups start to do this. It's a nice storage space for sure.

Ford has a Cabela's Edition (I think that's what it's called) with a gun cabinet.

VegasND
08-13-2010, 4:05 PM
Great idea! It gives the owner some place to lock up the valuables while he walks for help.

CSACANNONEER
08-13-2010, 4:17 PM
I want! Too bad it's not long enough for some of my rifles though.