PDA

View Full Version : NRA Alert: call your state senator re AB1810, Long Gun Registration NOW!

Paladin
08-13-2010, 9:25 AM
To find your state senator and their contact info, go to: http://192.234.213.69/smapsearch/framepage.asp

Here's my standard script: "I'm calling (Senator) X and would like to encourage them to (support/oppose) (A/S)B ZZZZ, the (briefly describe the bill)."

Here's how to apply it to Mark Leno and AB1810: "I'm calling Senator Leno and would like to encourage him to oppose AB 1810, the long gun registration bill."

Calling your state senator and telling them this takes less than 1 minute.

The below from: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5995

Long Gun Registration Bill Advances to Senate Floor for Consideration
It Is Imperative That Your Contact Your State Senator Immediately!

Yesterday, Thursday, August 12, the Senate Appropriations Committee passed Assembly Bill 1810. The bill now heads to the Senate floor for consideration. This could be your last opportunity to stop long gun registration in the Golden State. Because it has already passed the Assembly, the bill’s next stop, if passed by the Senate, would be the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)!

AB1810 would establish a registration system, similar to the one currently in place for handguns, for all newly-acquired long guns. Under AB1810, the make, model and serial number of the firearm as well as the identifying information of the purchaser would be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office.

If AB1810 were enacted, violent criminals would continue doing what they do now – obtain firearms through illegal means. This bill would not decrease crime but will rather have disastrous effects on the already financially unstable Golden State. AB1810 would impose additional burdens on California’s taxpayers to maintain the registration system as well as on the state’s licensed firearms dealers, small businesses who already deal with extensive business requirements.

One simply needs to look at Canada, a nation with draconian firearms registration, to see the results – billions in cumulative administrative costs, annual cost overruns, no clear substantiation of public safety benefits, unjust prosecution, and a bureaucratic complexity that daunts those willing to comply. Ironically, California is considering a new registration scheme as Canada is considering doing away with its system.

Please contact your State Senator AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and respectfully voice your opposition to AB1810. Contact information for your State Senator can be found by clicking here.

Exiledviking
08-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Done.

mdouglas1980
08-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I knew there would be a thread on who to contact thanks!

Paladin
08-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Pointless. Your calls mean nothing to these people. They will vote for it no matter how many calls you make.

Acc to my cellphone, it took me a total of 38 seconds to make that call, probably less time than you spent on your post, which not only does not help us, but aims to discourage us.

I believe in making the antis suffer now, by flooding their offices with phone calls that tie up their staff, and making them pay later, at the next election.

The best we can do now politically is to stop or stall the anti bills while waiting for good things to happen judicially.

If redistricting reform survives the Nov elections (there's a proposition on the Nov ballot to overturn redistricting reform), we might have a more friendly (or at least less hostile) legislature after the Nov 2012 elections.

nick
08-13-2010, 11:18 AM
And looking at Canada, its population is smaller than California's, and it's government isn't more bloated than CA's. So the cost WILL be at least the same.

P.S.: Just called my elected critter, Fran Pavley. At least, it might annoy her staffers, and they might mention their annoyance with her pesky constituents to Her Highness.

67Roadster
08-13-2010, 3:20 PM
How do I find out how my representative voted on AB1810? She's on the Appropriations Committee.

sar_man
08-13-2010, 3:36 PM
I sent a email to Lois Wolk. Lets see what she has to say.:shrug:

Apocalypsenerd
08-13-2010, 3:47 PM
Both my house and senate reps voted against this thing. Sigh, i wish I could oppose someone else's senator.

diginit
08-13-2010, 7:15 PM
How do I find out how my representative voted on AB1810? She's on the Appropriations Committee.

Doesn't matter now. The bill passed appropriations yesterday. On it's way to the senate now...I truly believe our legislators have their heads in a bum... Ours...

FeuerFrei
08-13-2010, 9:41 PM
Pointless. Your calls mean nothing to these people. They will vote for it no matter how many calls you make.

abso-friggen-lutely!
the azz clowns in sac-o-tomato will just give us the finger and vote their will onto us peons...again.

i'll call anyway...:(

Mike359
08-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I honestly cant take this crap anymore. this is going to sound like whining and even i'll agree with you there, but im so sick of these politicians that dont give a damn what their constituents want. You call, you write, you vote, you raise awareness and it doesn't do a goddamn thing. Mcdonald accomplished ****-all as all the asshats continue to pass an onslaught of bs laws. Like seriously every week it's something new in this state. When is it ever going to end for the positive?

wellerjohn
08-14-2010, 12:11 AM

Unfortunately you are quite right, I've said myself. The legislature in this state has an agenda, and they will pass this crap into law no matter how many calls you make. To think a phone call would make a difference you would have to assume they were on the fence about the issue...... there not. Question is will Arnold sign this bill into law, as I remember all the phone calls and faxes did not stop him from signing AB962.

Kynoch
08-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I honestly cant take this crap anymore. this is going to sound like whining and even i'll agree with you there, but im so sick of these politicians that dont give a damn what their constituents want. You call, you write, you vote, you raise awareness and it doesn't do a goddamn thing. Mcdonald accomplished ****-all as all the asshats continue to pass an onslaught of bs laws. Like seriously every week it's something new in this state. When is it ever going to end for the positive?
Please do not use the Lord's Name in vain. Thanks.

hawkeye
08-14-2010, 10:55 AM
BTTT
Bump to the top

NovaTodd
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Done

Bigtwin
08-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I sent a email to Lois Wolk. Lets see what she has to say.:shrug:

Probably the same she has to say to me.....NOTHING!

I have called and e mailed her numerous times about multiple issues, NEVER has she responded! I can't wait to see her go!

stitchnicklas
08-14-2010, 3:55 PM
will this bill have bearing on c&r long guns also?? just curious...

thayne
08-14-2010, 5:01 PM

If you want to roll over and give up thats your business, but this thread is for those who still have fight in them, so its not pointless.

hawk81
08-14-2010, 5:42 PM
I will call and everyone else will call. It will do no good. These people are elitists and they think they can keep telling us what to do, and keeping there boot on our neck. We out number these A-holes. Why do we keep being subserviant to them? Wake up people of California, it is time to start to get mad.

jawcn
08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I will call and everyone else will call. It will do no good. These people are elitists and they think they can keep telling us what to do, and keeping there boot on our neck. We out number these A-holes. Why do we keep being subserviant to them? Wake up people of California, it is time to start to get mad.

Agree...

And I also think we should put more funding together to help gun friendly politician get elected.

YoungGun2
08-19-2010, 6:28 PM
Agree...

And I also think we should put more funding together to help gun friendly politician get elected.

With the exception of the small amount of work done here, this is the only real way for the ball to start to rolling in our favor!

I Vote For Gene!!!

freedomtools
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/votingrecord/?legislator-name=&bill=AB1810&since=2010-05-20

You can sort by name, date, or vote.