PDA

View Full Version : Any good public land options near Sacramento?

GeorgeOfTheLiberalJungle
08-12-2010, 1:40 PM
I was just wondering if there is any good public land area's where I could shoot.I don't want to pay a range fee so I was wondering if anyone knew any good spots.

hunteran
08-12-2010, 1:44 PM
If you don't mind driving for about an hour there is a really nice place in oroville near the airport.

GeorgeOfTheLiberalJungle
08-12-2010, 1:46 PM
If you don't mind driving for about an hour there is a really nice place in oroville near the airport.

I figure there might be some good spots near Auburn since thats where its starts getting hilly I figure theres bound to be some there. But i'm not sure.

9mmepiphany
08-12-2010, 8:24 PM
i don't quite get it, it would cost you more to drive the hour than pay the $5 to shoot at Sac Valley...am i missing something?

Mendo223
08-13-2010, 12:20 AM
what about Cedar Roughs?? its the closest BLM land to the bay area...i usually go to mendo national but its a good hour up the freeway from where cedar is.

CSDGuy
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
i don't quite get it, it would cost you more to drive the hour than pay the $5 to shoot at Sac Valley...am i missing something?
If you're not a member... it's $10. For the whole day. Best deal around here for having to pay to shoot... IMHO.

CaliforniaLiberal
08-13-2010, 2:20 AM
I was just wondering if there is any good public land area's where I could shoot.I don't want to pay a range fee so I was wondering if anyone knew any good spots.

Welcome to CalGuns George!

Lots of folks have favorite secret shooting places on BLM land but are reluctant to share them publicly. In years past idiot shooters have brought trash to shoot up and made big ugly messes out of very nice places and never clean up or haul out their shot up trash. So you pretty much have to do the research, get maps and drive around for a few days to find your own favorite spots. Look online for the local BLM offices and get some good BLM maps.

Good Luck

lewdogg21
08-13-2010, 9:09 AM
Not free but it's nice. Lincoln Rifle Range (right off 65 just north of town).

$10 range fee plus $1 for each rifle you bring on the range at once. Covered benches with carpet, sandbags, porta potty, good people.

50,100, 200 yd ranges