View Full Version : Fax server?? Help me please!

08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
My company gets its orders in by fax machine and EDI. EDI is great. Fax - not so much.

I would like to have some kind of fax server which replaces the fax machine and then emails the faxes to selected recipients. Any recommendations for an economical solution? I don't want to go the e-fax route.

08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
GFI FaxMaker with Brooktrout cards, DID numbers on a PRI, works well with Exchange/Outlook. I dunno what your threshold is for economical, but you get units of 24 direct fax numbers, one physical server can do at least 4 PRI's.

If you're talking POTS and hardware FAX modems, you're talking lots of grief and half-baked solutions. 4-5-6 lines, go e-fax, you'll save $$ and hassles.

Brian in CA

08-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Depending on how technical you are, Asterisk is an open source VOIP product that handles faxes very well, either printing it directly or emailing it.

08-12-2010, 12:54 PM
I can help you out as well. My company is a GFI reseller but we may have other/better options with expansion and automation capabilities. PM me if you want to chat. I am not a sales person!