PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a good year for turkeys . . .

acourvil
08-12-2010, 9:37 AM
at least in my front yard

http://www.courvilles.com/Images/Other/Turkeys.JPG

Seems like there are more young turkeys out this year than I remember ever seeing before.

PatriotnMore
08-12-2010, 9:54 AM
Sweet. I am envious, I am sure your holidays will be filled with wild delicacies for all to enjoy.

portegee
08-12-2010, 9:59 AM
:drool5:

Big Jake
08-12-2010, 11:01 AM
:drool5:

This!:43:

sideshowhr
08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
giggitygiggity gobbledy goooo

lucky you!

Bearclaw
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
So...um...acourvil....How early should I swing by on Nov. 14th??? :D

seriously though...this is my plea for you to show pity on a fellow CG'er who has no private land to hunt. c'mon buddy!! what'd'ya say?

sniper4usmc
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
wild turkey in San Jose?

Bearclaw
08-12-2010, 1:04 PM
wild turkey in San Jose?

heck yeah! I see em all the time in South San Jose. They're all over the place...only problem is that it's all within city limits (no discharge of a firearm or bow), or if it's unincorporated...it's still private property.

Big Jake
08-12-2010, 2:59 PM
heck yeah! I see em all the time in South San Jose. They're all over the place...only problem is that it's all within city limits (no discharge of a firearm or bow), or if it's unincorporated...it's still private property.

Time for a good air gun! :43:

gdr_11
08-12-2010, 3:22 PM

I know the feeling. I have dove, ducks, geese, quail, pheasant, turkey and coyotes strolling around my yard all the time. As it is, I have to sneak outside to shoot the doves and pigeons off my house with my airsoft.

What I wouldn't give for 8 hours of unlimited shotgunning!

acourvil
08-12-2010, 3:38 PM
So...um...acourvil....How early should I swing by on Nov. 14th??? :D

seriously though...this is my plea for you to show pity on a fellow CG'er who has no private land to hunt. c'mon buddy!! what'd'ya say?

Unfortunately, there's no hunting around here. I can practice my crummy turkey calling, but these guys have their run of the neighborhood.

Here's one from a couple years ago:

http://www.courvilles.com/Images/Other/TurkeyTom1-1-800.JPG

a1c
08-12-2010, 4:18 PM
Can't wait for fall season.

On November 13, I'm just gonna have to camp in the orchard behind the house, coffee mug in one hand, 20-gauge Browning in the other, waiting for a good one to show up.

theseacow
08-12-2010, 4:29 PM
Unfortunately, there's no hunting around here. I can practice my crummy turkey calling, but these guys have their run of the neighborhood.

There is plenty of awesome hunting in san jose. As you know though, its all private. If you spend time talking to everyone you meet and trading work, you can land some sweet spots right here. You dont happen to be in construction do you? sweet pics btw...

Abesnake
08-13-2010, 12:41 PM

http://www.courvilles.com/Images/Other/TurkeyTom1-1-800.JPG

Common, man, tell me you never took one with a slingshot at least, to keep the noise down. G-d, what a feast!

professionalcoyotehunter
08-13-2010, 1:25 PM
I see them all the time down here in LA county at the local Albertson's.:D

aaronraby1
08-13-2010, 1:29 PM
jake-tastic!!

Bearclaw
08-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Time for a good air gun! :43:

Already thought of that route too....I checked the penal code/city ordinances, and it's right there...can't even fire a bb/pellet gun within city limits!!!

There is plenty of awesome hunting in san jose. As you know though, its all private. If you spend time talking to everyone you meet and trading work, you can land some sweet spots right here. You dont happen to be in construction do you? sweet pics btw...

I'm in construction...feel like hookin' a guy up? :D

DeanW66
08-14-2010, 9:51 PM
wild turkey in San Jose?

Yup, see my vids in this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4753276#post4753276) which were also filmed in SJ.