PDA

View Full Version : i just got a samsung vibrant

Shady
08-11-2010, 9:01 PM
damn this thing is nice

screen is outstanding

bigkahuna04
08-11-2010, 9:09 PM
I got one a couple of weeks ago...I agree that the screen is really nice, but I'm technologically challenged and will depend on much younger people to show me the best use of it.

What types of apps are you planning to add? I've only loaded google navigation so far.

Zomgie
08-13-2010, 4:02 PM
The Vibrant is AMAZING. I upgraded from the T-Mobile G1 and it's been glued to my hand since I got it. Went from 256MB storage to 16GB built-in. Now I can actually download apps!

Shady
08-13-2010, 9:39 PM
hahahah I upgraded from the g1 also

makes the g1 feel like a brick

SkyStorm82
08-14-2010, 2:15 PM
I was just looking at this phone online. Is the screen the same type as an iphone?

I have a samsung behold now and the screen sucks. I have to use my fingernail to scroll....so it's pretty much scratched.

Tacom
08-14-2010, 6:58 PM
I was just looking at this phone online. Is the screen the same type as an iphone?

I have a samsung behold now and the screen sucks. I have to use my fingernail to scroll....so it's pretty much scratched.

Most (if not all) of the new top of the line smart phones screens are pretty hard to scratch accidently (as in you'd have to really do something dumb for it to get scratched) because they use gorilla glass or some other form of tempered glass.

manuelcardenas77
08-14-2010, 7:42 PM
Im really digging my HTC Hero

-hanko
08-15-2010, 6:54 AM
I think the iphone uses a backlit led screen, I know the Vibrant uses amoled technology. I upgraded swmbo to a Vibrant 2 weeks ago, it's an awesome phone and an iphone-killer;).

GPS on many Vibrants is screwed up...issue similar to the Galaxy S phones released in the middle east earlier. Samsung has yet to come up with a fix. I would not depend on gps off the network...more info on the Vibrant section on Tmob forums.

-hanko

Tacom
08-15-2010, 7:39 AM
I think the iphone uses a backlit led screen, I know the Vibrant uses amoled technology. I upgraded swmbo to a Vibrant 2 weeks ago, it's an awesome phone and an iphone-killer;).

GPS on many Vibrants is screwed up...issue similar to the Galaxy S phones released in the middle east earlier. Samsung has yet to come up with a fix. I would not depend on gps off the network...more info on the Vibrant section on Tmob forums.

-hanko

Oh if he was asking about the type of screen, iphone4 uses a led backlit lcd display while the Vibrant/Galaxy S phones use Super AMOLED which are the newest type and are very nice in terms of display vs power consumption.

As for the gps issue, there is supposedly a fix coming out for it.

jrau13
08-17-2010, 7:53 AM
My wife just upgraded to this phone from her old G1 and man I find myself playing with it more then her. Great phone!

qtrxist
08-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I just saw one yesterday, AMOLED is really nice. samsung is known for great LCD's, on phones. i thought it was an iphone at first. i was like no way.... front looks very similar especially the metal lining.

i would like to hear the feed back on its apps for droids. i heard it is mediocre. iphone apps looks very nice and very easy to use. im using blackberry bold now. great for messaging, if not great, BEST for messaging. other than that it sucks. tiny tiny tiny screen. GPS is great but what is there to see?? very small screen. cant see a map. i wish BB would release a 4-incher.. SIDE-slider.

nbkvig2
08-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Been using this phone for about a week now. LOVE IT! Tons of free apps, I only dled Live Hold'em so far. This phone is awesome for entertainments, but the downfall is the battery, like most smart phones, if your constantly on the internet, watching movies and playing games, it will drain the battery quick. My first charge only lasted 5 hours, that was with 2 or 3 hours of games straight. Other than that, I love everything about it. I love the swype feature, first time using it, it makes texting and typing so much easier.

Huan

jrau13
08-25-2010, 5:48 AM
Swipe is amazing!

Gerle
08-26-2010, 2:27 PM
My wife just upgraded to this phone from her old G1 and man I find myself playing with it more then her.
Not to get personal, you should play more with your wife than with your phone. :D

That said, I have a Samsung Captivate which I guess is the AT&T Vibrant, great phone!

-hanko
08-28-2010, 7:21 AM
My wife just upgraded to this phone from her old G1 and man I find myself playing with it more then her. Great phone!
Not telling you what to do, but I'd suggest maybe changing your priorities;).

Jus' sayin'.

-hanko