PDA

View Full Version : Might be a stupid question, but I have to ask.

JayRuff
08-11-2010, 7:29 PM
I just recently bought a Canon EOS 7d Camera and was wondering if I should take it out to film shooting trips, but my question was, can the microphone on the camera get damaged due to the loudness of the gunfire? it is a $2000 camera so I need to know whether id be ok to take to the range.

Corbin Dallas
08-11-2010, 7:37 PM
I just recently bought a Canon EOS 7d Camera and was wondering if I should take it out to film shooting trips, but my question was, can the microphone on the camera get damaged due to the loudness of the gunfire? it is a $2000 camera so I need to know whether id be ok to take to the range.

No, you will not damage the mic. If it would make you feel better, put a piece of cloth tape over the opening.

Cali-Shooter
08-11-2010, 8:16 PM

Oh gosh, and I thought my $300 GE Digital Camera was expensive.

sholling
08-12-2010, 8:32 AM
I would be very concerned about damaging the mic. That's a lot of sound pressure. That's I keep an older point and shoot for shooting pics.

evidens83
08-12-2010, 9:16 AM
Definately ask Canon about that one. I wouldn't want to ruin the mic on a perfectly good camera.

Dr Rockso
08-12-2010, 9:18 AM
Put a set of muffs on it.

JDay
08-12-2010, 6:51 PM
I'd get a set of filters for the lens, the UV filter makes a great dustcover that you can take pictures through. They also protect your lens from getting scratched.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Resolution-Fluorescent-Polarizer-28-135mm/dp/B002P9LV3Y