PDA

View Full Version : FN Self Loading Police Shotgun

shopkeep
05-01-2006, 1:10 PM
anyone try this or have any experiences with it? also, what are the reviews on the FN tactical?

Jeff Rambo
05-01-2006, 1:14 PM
Do a search for "TPS" here.

GTKrockeTT
05-01-2006, 1:25 PM
i'd advise getting a recoil pad so that the stock won't bite into your shoulder. also, the stock is too far elevated to get a comfortable position using the sights.

but, i still love it. :D

Surly
05-01-2006, 3:54 PM
I've got one. I like it.

Fair warning: it's tough to find a flashlight mount. The magazine tube is 30mm.

Jeff Rambo
05-01-2006, 3:58 PM
Surly,

Do you have the SLP or the TPS? I pick up my TPS on Thursday and I've been looking for a flashlight mount with no success. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've found the pistol-grip mounts, but that isn't something that appeals to me.

paradox
05-01-2006, 4:04 PM
Surly,

Do you have the SLP or the TPS? I pick up my TPS on Thursday and I've been looking for a flashlight mount with no success. Can you point me in the right direction?

I've found the pistol-grip mounts, but that isn't something that appeals to me.

Try looking a car sites for a billet hose couplers. They tend to come in many sizes and are cheaper than gun specific ones.

Surly
05-01-2006, 6:48 PM
Jeff, I have the SLP. I bought a double ring mount from Laser Devices. It's not listed on their website. I found it in an old catalog that Google had cached.

The mount you want has two rings, one 30mm and one 25/26mm. It was originally designed to run a laser in the 30mm hole and clamp to a 25 or 26mm magazine tube.

In any case, it's very robust and well made, but not cheap. I think it was $50.

OTOH, it was the only solution I found that didn't require mounting rails to the gun.

Here is an older photo. I've since abandonned the but cuff.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9245/fnpicsjan2006003cropped5fj.jpg

James R.
05-02-2006, 1:05 AM
I have the SLP as well and give it the nod, a solid shotgun to say the least. An added benefit for us left handed shooters is that the safety converts over w/o having to buy any parts or have any real gunsmithing done. I swapped mine over the day I got it, says it can be done right in the manual :-)

Regards,

James R.

Rawny
05-02-2006, 5:35 AM
Surly, are those door breachers in the carrier? :eek:

PIRATE14
05-02-2006, 9:41 AM
anyone try this or have any experiences with it? also, what are the reviews on the FN tactical?

U want one...send a PM...make u a deal u can't refuse:cool:

Surly
05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Yes. Yes they are. I'm worried I may be training outside for the BlackHelicopterZombie Attack and get locked out without my keys. If that happens, I don't want to wait for a rogue Narcotics team to serve a no knock warrant and blow my door in. I need to do it myself!

;-)

They're cheap Saf-T ammo from Brownells.

bald-eagle
05-18-2008, 2:03 PM
Jeff, I have the SLP. I bought a double ring mount from Laser Devices. It's not listed on their website. I found it in an old catalog that Google had cached.

The mount you want has two rings, one 30mm and one 25/26mm. It was originally designed to run a laser in the 30mm hole and clamp to a 25 or 26mm magazine tube.

In any case, it's very robust and well made, but not cheap. I think it was $50.

OTOH, it was the only solution I found that didn't require mounting rails to the gun.

Here is an older photo. I've since abandonned the but cuff.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9245/fnpicsjan2006003cropped5fj.jpg

Great setup Surly, what kind of butt cuff is that? Where did you get it? Thanks

duenor
05-19-2008, 7:41 PM
oh you lucky bastard. where did you find that folding stock for the valtro?

I personally prefer my benelli M1s to the FNs. we have both here; my buddy has SLPs and I have M1S90s.

FlyingPen
05-19-2008, 7:51 PM
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/saintelvis/shot1.jpg

Any Details on the parts for the second shotgun there?