PDA

View Full Version : Adverse Affects of Gun Control Laws

The Original Godfather
08-11-2010, 3:05 PM
I'm sure most of us CalGunners realized the adverse affects of gun control laws in our state, but I was just thinking about it today.

Something that popped up in my head is that the laws actually create more demand for firearms, which actually causes friction for regulating guns. For instance, 10 day wait period; 1 handgun per 30 days; UOC vs LOC; etc... all these things sorta create more demand for firearms, at least thats what i feel. it reminds of an article i read about the legal drinking age in the UK is younger than that of the US, which puts drinking "on a pedestal" so to speak, yet there are much fewer alcohol related crimes in the UK than the US...

i dont know, im just thinking out loud... thoughts?

choprzrul
08-11-2010, 3:34 PM
You are The Original Godfather, we must abide by your words.:D

Window_Seat
08-11-2010, 3:42 PM
Reminds me of this...

Obama: Don't stock up on guns (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1318968,obama-gun-sales-up-120808.article)

http://www.mikehuber.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/firearms-salesman-1.jpg

Erik.

The Original Godfather
08-11-2010, 3:43 PM
You are The Original Godfather, we must abide by your words.:D

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this favor on my daughter's wedding day as a gift of our friendship send all of your firearms and ammunition to me. :D

Flopper
08-11-2010, 3:49 PM
I agree with your assessment regarding alcohol (and also with tobacco and currently illegal drugs), but that's not the way it works with CA gun laws.

CA gun laws are amazingly excessive and confusing; I know people that have been intimidated by the whole process and have shied away from having anything to do with them.

The Original Godfather
08-11-2010, 4:06 PM
I agree with your assessment regarding alcohol (and also with tobacco and currently illegal drugs), but that's not the way it works with CA gun laws.

CA gun laws are amazingly excessive and confusing; I know people that have been intimidated by the whole process and have shied away from having anything to do with them.

Valid point. most people just get fed up with the damn process and confused with the convoluted regulations that they just don't "get into firearms".

However, i think the regulations make current gun owners/lovers more pissed off and wanting more. and theres always the group of people who will want to do something just because its frowned upon, whether theyre gun enthusiasts or not.

DKlaw
08-11-2010, 4:18 PM

I think that might have been the point....

Flopper
08-11-2010, 4:27 PM
However, i think the regulations make current gun owners/lovers more pissed off and wanting more. and theres always the group of people who will want to do something just because its frowned upon, whether theyre gun enthusiasts or not.

ABSOLUTELY true :D

The Original Godfather
08-11-2010, 4:31 PM
ABSOLUTELY true :D

Ya, I should also point out that just because certain people will do it anyway doesn't mean we should not make laws for certain things...

nick
08-11-2010, 4:46 PM
Well, that's a given. I seriously doubt there'd be as many black rifles in CA (and in the nation in general) if it wasn't for the various bans. This probably applies to the other guns, as well.

Myself, I didn't care much for either ARs, or AKs, and if it wasn't for the CA bans, I probably still wouldn't. As it is, I'm still not too fond of ARs (but own two of them, with plans for a few more), but I've grown to like AKs, and I own quite a few of them now. The fact that I build them myself probably contrinuted to it. And I wouldn't have even given them a second look if it wasn't for the fact that the great State of CA doesn't want me to have them :D

frankm
08-11-2010, 5:28 PM
I only bought my NHM-90 because of the first ban. Everyone was like, I better get mine before it's too late. Having to part it out cost me dearly emotionally. So I submitted myself to the only recognized therapy for this condition, legal sporting AK's. :) I must say that I'm personally responsible for 3+ purchases in California by associates of mine. With my kit that makes 4. If Calif had not had the ban, my personal count would be zero.

nick
08-11-2010, 5:50 PM
Hmm, should we send our thanks to the people who passed these laws? :43:

frankm
08-11-2010, 6:00 PM
Hmm, should we send our thanks to the people who passed these laws? :43:

Calguns is thanks enough. Sticks in their craw. :eek::D:p

The Original Godfather
08-12-2010, 1:26 PM
I only bought my NHM-90 because of the first ban. Everyone was like, I better get mine before it's too late. Having to part it out cost me dearly emotionally. So I submitted myself to the only recognized therapy for this condition, legal sporting AK's. :) I must say that I'm personally responsible for 3+ purchases in California by associates of mine. With my kit that makes 4. If Calif had not had the ban, my personal count would be zero.

interesting.