PDA

View Full Version : Piru Rifle Range

Zomgie
08-11-2010, 3:09 PM
I've been thinking about heading out there this next month but have never been. To anyone that may have been there before (and recently), any insights? Is it still open? Is it nice?

Lil Bawbee
08-11-2010, 7:50 PM
I was woundering the same thing. I'm goin to be camping at the lake this weekend and was thinking of checking that place out. How much does it cost to use the facility and what should I bring with me besides my gun and some ammo?

Desert_Rat
08-11-2010, 7:59 PM
If You're talking about the Wes Thompson canyon/ranges,then Yes it's open and nice.I'll be there shooting X3 multigun this Sunday.

Lil Bawbee
08-11-2010, 9:49 PM
Ok I searched its open wed sat and sun 7am-5pm 15 bucks to shoot free targets no ammo sold there and its suposedly really nice

G-forceJunkie
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Its nice. Covered rifle range with paper target stand at 100,200, and I think 300 yards. Steel target gong at each of those ranges as well. Other assorted steel targets out to 400-500 or so. 4-5 spotting scopes on stands for anybody to use. Covered pistol range off to the side. The sell nothing so bring everything you will need: guns, ammo, drinks, snacks, etc. There are half a dozen private ranges on the property that hold various shoots: action pistol, IDPA, Cowboy action shooting, shotgun club, etc. The public range is the first one you will come to.

HotRails
08-12-2010, 2:43 PM
No magnetic ammo allowed there I believe. They don't call ceasefires as often as at Angeles, but its still a great place to shoot. Fewer idiots than at other ranges. Only open weekends IIRC.