PDA

View Full Version : quick range question

CalNRA
08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Can I take a 17 year old person to a gun range? Do I need his parents' permission to do so?

Thanks

Silverlake223
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I know when I took a friend, he brought people under the age of 18. They had to sign rather extensive paperwork etc. I would call the range in question. We went to Angeles Crest in LA area.

Paul S
08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I would believe yes...get the parents' permission. Remember he/she is still a juvenile.
I don't think any range would allow a juvenile to shoot anything or take part in any activity as a solo but rather would require parent or guardian .

If it were me I'd opt on the side of caution and make sure the parent(s) approve.

Paul S

CalNRA
08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
that's what I figured, thanks.

edwardm
08-11-2010, 1:48 PM
You need to call the range in question. Each range will have different policies in their Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs). I know our policies are different than those at say, Reeds in Santa Clara, for example.

that's what I figured, thanks.

ontargetrange
08-11-2010, 1:55 PM
Can I take a 17 year old person to a gun range? Do I need his parents' permission to do so?

Thanks

I am attaching our Parents release form --- BY CA law you can not give or let someone use a firearm under 18 without written permission by their parent or Guard ---

Have fun and thanks for taking others shooting !!